Author Topic: Danny Ainge is a god  (Read 6558 times)

Danny Ainge is a god
« on: June 18, 2008, 06:50:29 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I was really disappointed they didn't do a quick interview with Ainge at the celebration podium.  I wanted to hear the fans chanting "DANNY!  DANNY!  DANNY!".... with all the crap this guy got over the years he really deserved an outpouring of support.  Maybe at the parade?  In my mind, he deserves credit more than anyone on the team.  The architect did an incredible job putting this miracle team together.  I'll be forever grateful of Danny Ainge. He's a freakin hero in my book. Glad to see KG and Pierce rubbing his head and joining with him in the celebration, but I felt like there should be a massive group of critics and sports writers lining up to kiss Ainge's butt after this championship.

What now!?!?!! ! 

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!  EAT THAT CROW!!!! EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Danny Ainge is a god
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 07:15:21 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Danny Ainge is the most valuable Celtic this season. He has stayed in the background not taking any credit from he team. This team is his creation.

Hail Danny Ainge...

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:57:09 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I don't think he'd want to be called a god, but he sure has an eye for talent.
All I know is that I've liked almost every signing or trade he's made since he's been here. Exceptions- V. Baker(was that Danny's move?, seems so long ago), Blount, and Telfair. But even those guys he was able to dump onto someone else later.
It's so hard to make trades and signings with all the salary cap rules, but I'd say Ainge has a better success ratio than almost anyone.
And thank you to management for sticking with him, and to Danny for sticking with Doc. Would have been so easy to blame Doc for the team's record the last few years and fire him, but apparently, patience really is a virtue! Yes, I was critical of Doc at times(I'm a big Rondo and Leon fan) but he's certainly having the last laugh right now.
Anyway, great job Danny! I'd suggest signing Posey back at any cost, but I guess you don't need my advice.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 07:58:02 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Ainge is a top executive in the NBA. 

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
None of this happens without his hard work.   That was an Auerbach-esque turnaround.   I have complete faith in him heading forward. 

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 11:55:56 AM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
I've noticed that Ainge seems content to be in the background, which makes me like him even more. The only time I've really seen him hunt for camera time is when things had been going poorly. He is a class act and deserves our praise, but my guess is he enjoys watching the guys he put into place get the accolades!
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:00:57 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
It still amazes me that Danny only got 18 out of 47 possible votes for Executive of the Year.  If there was ever a more deserving winner, I'd like to see him.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:03:17 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
It still amazes me that Danny only got 18 out of 47 possible votes for Executive of the Year.  If there was ever a more deserving winner, I'd like to see him.

partly i'm sure due to the timing of the Gasol move happening during the season and being so heralded and the fact that some of Danny's best signings weren't acknowledged till now......

I mean Posey, House, Pollard going to the season were thought to be decent signings but not spectacular and PJ and Cassell were similarly unglamorous.....and House, Posey and PJ turned out to be amazing...

like Doc said about people criticizing the Cs bench...."if you think our bench isn't good, you are in for a BIG surprise..."

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:09:45 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
I remember Danny coming into the league in 1982 one particular game against Philly sticks in my head.  He in my mind optimizes what it means to be a Celtic. 

A good comparison would be Trot Nixon or Jason Varitek -- Dirt Dogs (Remember Trot against Clemens or Varitek against ARod?  That was Ainge against Tree Rollins or any other of a number of players)  Showing up to work, getting into it, getting the job done and going home a champion.  Not the best player but a player that is crucial to achieving success. 

There's a reason why Danny went on to play in the NBA finals for 3 teams.  The man is a winner.

I am proud to cheer and root for Danny Ainge.

Proud.

Thank you Danny.
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

What have you done for me lately.  Since he didn't make a splash during the season, voters overlook him.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 01:19:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Well at least he won the award

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 01:42:08 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I've noticed that Ainge seems content to be in the background, which makes me like him even more. The only time I've really seen him hunt for camera time is when things had been going poorly.

Ditto. A true leader.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 01:59:37 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Yeah, Ainge has proven his brilliance. As long as he stays, we will never see another famine like we had for the last 22 years. I suspect we'll be much more like the Spurs have been recently - always a strong playoff team with Danny tinkering and re-tooling as needed to keep it that way. I don't think we'll ever win 4 straight (maybe 2 or 3 ;)) in today's NBA, but I would be most surprised if this is the only title we win with Danny running the ship.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 02:04:14 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Ainge is the man. I was always a fan. His draft record is great. As for the questionable trades, he had a few. You can't always hit home runs.

And with 95% of all trades, it is garbage in, garbage out. A parallel move to shake things up.

He knows the value of working the cap. I really hope he sticks around for several years.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 02:05:09 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Thank you Danny.

I never should have doubted.....
Celtics fan for life.