Author Topic: Who are you happiest for?/Who do you love beating the most?  (Read 5899 times)

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Who are you happiest for on the Celtics team, or in the Celtics family?

For me it's easy, Paul Pierce.  No questions asked or explanation needed.

Who was it most satisfying to beat?

Obviously Kobe and Phil for their arrogance.  Their the top of the list.  I  also really hate Odom, I always have and tackling Ray and his actions in this Finals didn't do anything to make me not.  I also love beating Sasha, I mean how could you not?

Thoughts?
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: Who are you happiest for?/Who do you love beating the most?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 01:46:15 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Pierce, Doc, KG, Ray

Not just beating the Lakers but pounding the hell out of them in a clincher.  Ain't nuttin better
Yup

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:52:46 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
For me, it's KG, I've been a huge fan of his for a long time, he deserves it. Of course as does everybody in the Celtics organisation, it was a total team effort. Ubuntu!

And beating Kobe is definitely most enjoyable, what more needs to be said? He's a laker, and he's a faker.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:56:08 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Pierce. The validation he must feel now. This says it all:

"They came in as a group, and I thought we should take them out as a group," Rivers said. "They all said 'Thank you,' and I said 'Thank you' back. Paul ... it's just so sweet. He just kept saying 'Thank you. Thank you. Thank you for sticking with me again,' and I kept saying the same thing to him. So it was really a nice moment."

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 01:57:09 AM »

Offline BirdNerd

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
Happiest:   ALL The Cs family.

Love Beating:   You should have seen the drunken thugs in the 300s section of game 5.   They chased us out of there, picking fights, mob mentality.   I wish I could see those cats faces tonight!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 02:04:06 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
I'm happy for everyone right now. Especially KG, PP, RA, Doc and PJ.

I am so happy we beat Vujacic, Kobe, Phil and Lamar.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 02:06:30 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
It's hard, because I'm so happy for KG and Ray and Doc and the rest, but first and foremost it's Paul, absolutely ... he's carried this team for so many years, and the rest of the world finally gets to see at least a bit of why this guy has been so under-rated and unrecognized as the great ball player he is.

The persona I love beating the most is Kobe, without a doubt ... his arrogance and selfishness were no match for a true "team", no matter how many points he's capable of scoring. Defense beats offense every time, and team beats individual every time ... and the Celtics epitomized both.

This was the only game I got to go to all year, and I'm glad it was this one! Awesome!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 02:10:40 AM »

Offline cmoney

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
I don't know.. tough to differentiate between the 3.  I should say Paul, but I am super, super stoked for Ray Allen right now.  He's been through a ton, had perhaps been every bit as underrated as Paul for his career, and could have easily walked away with the Finals MVP with no real complaints from anyone.  So awesome. So happy for him.  Pure class.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 02:10:58 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Geez.  How can you not be happy for all of the New Big Three (which they are now)?

Garnett didn't just get that monkey off his back, he tore it off, broke it's legs and then made it watch him eat an entire bunch of bananas.  Ray was absolutley on FIRE in the second half which made every trade suggestion ridiculous (which is what I did when I asked if Michael Redd would be available this summer), and Pierce...you can't say enough about our Captain and how much this must have meant to him.  He's a true Celtic.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 02:17:29 AM »

Offline Schintzius

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 68
I'm happiest for Paul. 

I'm also happy for Doc, who endured a brunt of the blame over the last couple of years.   People need to stop asking him about his dad, though!   I feel like the press is starting to take advantage of the fact that he's so emotional about the passing of his father.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:24:23 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Paul Pierce

I don't dislike anyone significant on the Lakers so nobody. Nor the Pistons. Nor the Cavs (well one guy a lil bit but not enough to rub it in). Now the Hawks they have Mike Bibby, I enjoyed the Celtics and Rajon Rondo in particular making a show of him. I dislike Mike Bibby.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 08:17:22 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i wanted to say ray, pierce, doc, red, danny etc. etc. etc.

but one stands out. watching the interview straight after, with "we are the champions" blaring in the background, kg screamd "anything's possible" and broke down to tears. that was a tear-jerking moment and this means so, so much to him.

you're certified, kev.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 08:23:16 AM »

Offline I Am A Boston Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
I'm happy for them all.....they all worked hard for this but.....if I had to pick one.....it'd have to be PP.

He's a Celtic through and through.

He deserved that championship just as much as anyone who's ever played the game did.

The Green for 18

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 08:26:13 AM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
PP- because he will finally be recognized by non-Celtic fans as one of the great players. But happy for everyone- they really did buy into the team concept in deeds and not just words.
And who do I love beating the most--  the Knicks always. They suck now and hopefully forever.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 08:32:35 AM »

Offline blueygreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
I'm happiest for everyone. All the fans, the players, the management. Everyone that stuck with the C's for so long and now see their faith come through. Everyone. They all deserve it.

Who love beating the most? Everyone. For sure. The Lakers, the other 28 teams, the media, other fans, the 'analysts', everyone who ever doubted us. Just feel so amazing right now.