Author Topic: Official Thank You Thread  (Read 10802 times)

Re: Thank you Jeff! And thank you Celticsblog!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 04:11:15 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Thank you Jeff and the rest of the CelticsBlog staff for managing the best fan site I've ever seen... let alone be a part of.

Thank you again to the CelticsBlog staff for allowing me to be a part of the site by posting game previews.

Thank you FLCeltFan for sharing those preview with me, being a pleasure to talk to, and of course doing everything you do for this online fan base. You're one of a kind.

Thank you CSL crew (Jugs, JB, Duke) for producing a downright incredible webcast show, which I listen to religiously and will as long as you're alive.

Thank you Steve Weinman for providing CBlog with the Daily Babble. You're a very talented writer and a pleasure to talk to on AIM.

Thank you BigMatt, MGG, CfanMississippi, and the rest of my boys (and girl - tboots) in the CBlog chatroom for chatting it up with me on game nights for the past two years straight.

Thank you Pooooooooooooooooo for being my hero.

Thank you CelticsBlog, the best fan site in the history of Western Civilization (what's a thank you post without a slap of Bill Walton on it?).

Thanks for the kind words and shout-out, CB32.  As I imagine you know by now, the feelings are quite reciprocated.  I always enjoy chatting with you, and your writing is none too shabby itself.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2008, 04:30:20 AM »

Offline rmcc4444

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
ditto.  best place for celtics info on the net..

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2008, 04:37:19 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
thanks to jeff and everyone responsible for this site. going through all the excellent articles and comments (both positive and negative) made this championship season extra special. i have been a longtime celticsblog lurker and it felt so good to finally make my first post after paul pierce's marvelous game 5 performance. once again, thanks to all for making  this long journey to banner #17 highly informative and enjoyable as well!

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2008, 04:38:02 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Thank you, CelticsBlog ... for making this incredible season so much sweeter!

Thank you, Danny ... for all you did to make this a reality!

Thank you, Doc ... for all the crap you took, and for guiding this team to the Promised Land!

Thank you, Tom ... for defense of the monstrous kind ... it does win games!

Thank you, Ed ... for taking care of our "Boyz" and keeping them as healthy as possible!

Thank you, Red ... for sending your magic down to us!

Thank you, Tommy and Mike ... for keeping it real ... in a "homer" way!

Thank you, Roy ... for making this such a friendly place, and for putting up with my "growth process"!

Thank you, Steve W. ... for the Babble, for being a great "mentor of the pen", and for being my late-night Buddy!'

Thank you, Bob ... for all the unseen work that makes this place run so smoothly!

Thank you, Redz ... for the sharing, the wit, and the smiles you put on my face!

Thank you to my favorite bloggers ... I think you know who you are, and it's far too many to list ... you are what this place is all about: Fan-hood and loyalty to this amazing team!

Thank you to all the mods for all you do ... and all management for the "intangibles" that go unappreciated!

Thank you, Celtics ... for this incredible ride ... I truly love you guys!

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2008, 05:01:33 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Thank you, CelticsBlog ... for making this incredible season so much sweeter!

Thank you, Danny ... for all you did to make this a reality!

Thank you, Doc ... for all the crap you took, and for guiding this team to the Promised Land!

Thank you, Tom ... for defense of the monstrous kind ... it does win games!

Thank you, Ed ... for taking care of our "Boyz" and keeping them as healthy as possible!

Thank you, Red ... for sending your magic down to us!

Thank you, Tommy and Mike ... for keeping it real ... in a "homer" way!

Thank you, Roy ... for making this such a friendly place, and for putting up with my "growth process"!

Thank you, Steve W. ... for the Babble, for being a great "mentor of the pen", and for being my late-night Buddy!'

Thank you, Bob ... for all the unseen work that makes this place run so smoothly!

Thank you, Redz ... for the sharing, the wit, and the smiles you put on my face!

Thank you to my favorite bloggers ... I think you know who you are, and it's far too many to list ... you are what this place is all about: Fan-hood and loyalty to this amazing team!

Thank you to all the mods for all you do ... and all management for the "intangibles" that go unappreciated!

Thank you, Celtics ... for this incredible ride ... I truly love you guys!

Much thanks for the kind words, Bahku -- and reciprocated to you as well.  You know it's my pleasure to chat -- always.  Thank you for always being such a positive, courteous and guiding influence on this board.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2008, 05:48:05 AM »

Offline Celtic_E

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I've been around this site for a few years now but had been posting only recently. I witnessed Celticsblog in its early stages and been through around 3 website design changes. For years, this has been the first website I visit to check out the latest Celtic news. And now, after winning our 17th banner, I think it is just fitting to visit this website again to congratulate my fellow fans and this wonderful site for the great run we had this year.

Thanks to everyone on this site for welcoming me here with open arms and would like to make a special shout-out to celticmaestro for being the first poster to hand me my first ever TP on this site. I believe I haven't had the chance to thank you for that. Thank you and here's to more moments like this in the near future.

Re: Offical Thank You Thread
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2008, 10:19:40 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Wow...what a night. This is my first post because I've been so frantic since about halftime. I also didn't check in during the game because I think posting while watching the game is a jinx (has been in the finals for me).

To Celticsblog:

Thank you, Jeff for having the dedication and tolerance and patience to not only write the articles but to help foster the growth and genuine community feel of this site. You're the man.

Thanks Bob for the invisible hand of code...after a full season of seeing everything that you do I can safely say most posters have no idea how much work goes into just keeping this place running, let alone making it better.

Thanks to Green17 for putting together the site content and putting up with a lot of my crazy ideas as well as keeping the chat in line. Gotta love the chat.

Thanks Roy for working your butt off to keep these forums running. You're like the Walter Payton of moderating.

Thanks to wd for the same thing as Roy...you're like the William Perry of moderating (kidding!)

Thanks to Edgar mostly for the character you bring to the forums but also for the work thar you do.

Thanks to Dons, Chris, Redz, the crew keepin the site clean and the machine going. It takes a team man.

Thanks to Po, Dobbs, Cfan for reffing the chat. Funniest place in the world. Ram it low.

Thanks to the posters for being active intelligent and original. Im never at a loss for something to do because I can always read something fresh you holligans wrote. Its impossible to break news around here because before I can even hit the "post" button, yall have already had it up for 5 mins. You guys are awesome.

And for the people that will never read it but it deserves saying anyways:

Thanks to Wyc and his team of interest holders. Without your enthusiasm none of this would be possible. Many owners handcuff their squads to mediocrity but you allowed Danny the leash to dream, and the faith to pull it off.

Thanks to Danny for your corny haircut and impossible roster moves. You're awesome Danny.

Thanks to Doc for making a complete fool out of me. You're not a bad coach when its all said and done. And I mean that.

Thanks to Tom Thibs for giving us the defensive tools to become the steel curtain of basketball. Don't go anywhere T-Squared

Thanks to Ray Allen for being the player you are, a steady unflappable force of shooting and scoring tenacity. I've never in my life believed in a player as much as I believed in you this year, even when all the signs pointed to "lost a step" or "not the same guy". I knew you'd come through and you did. Awesome.

Powe, Davis, the banger bros. You two clowns had your low points but when we were winning and you guys had it going, everything just seemed better. The hustle the awkward post moves. I love it all. The Energizer duo

Thanks to Eddie House for being just about the most best team player I've ever seen. You didn't pout, you didn't complain, you didn't even grumble. You just cheered and encouraged, and when we needed you, you played, and played well.

Thanks to Rondo and Perk, for showing all the doubters (and fans) that said we wouldn't really be good until we got a true center and a real point guard. Guess what, we had them all along..you guys more than anyone stepped it up.

Thanks to Posey and PJ for being the "voice" of veteran reason off the bench. When you guys were in I never expected too much, because I always knew what I'd get: Steady, smart heads up veteran play, a steady hand in the most tumultuous of times.

Thanks to Garnett for showing me that there are still people out there that appreciate values like loyalty, honor and hustle. The NBA is always "a business" but you make this personal. The most competitive player I've ever seen. An honor.

Thanks to Paul Pierce for showing the fans what being a true Celtic is. We'd thought the species was extinct but I feel like maybe we're going to see a remarkable resurgence now. Its cuz of you, Captain.

CelticsBlog is an awesome place to go for Celtic fans but more than that for me its a community of crazys that are crazy like me. I live in a small town near the Canadian border in New York. The only other real Celtic fan I know is my father and my brother. No one I know personally could give a flying rat's anus about a Bobcats-Celtics game in February...but then I've got you guys, arguing about whether or not the layup attempted by Rondo in the second quarter was a clean block or not by Okafor. Thats special. You make being a Celtic fan a community endeavor, you make me as an "estranged fan" feel like Im part of something. So thank you guys, girls, everyone reading this-you're all a part of it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2008, 10:24:23 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Yup

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i started a thread a while ago which sums up a lot of emotions for me, i'd like you to take a look if you get a minute:

http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=64&topic=20001.0

and i posted this in another thread last night and i think i should repeat it as i can't say it enough:

i have to admit, when i look back at this championship in forthcoming years, i'll always remind myself that this place got me through tough times and we've all earned this moment.

thankyou everyone at the garden tonight, and right here on celticsblog. we have the greatest fans in the world, and now we're world champions.

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2008, 10:34:28 AM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2008, 10:36:27 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Thanks Roy for working your butt off to keep these forums running. You're like the Walter Payton of moderating.

Thank you, IP.  Walter Payton is a personal hero of mine, and it's hard to come up with a greater compliment than the one you gave.  It's undeserved, but appreciated.

(One great thing about Payton?  He wore #34!)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2008, 12:04:18 PM »

Offline TruthSerum

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Thank you Celticsblog for letting me speak Truth to Power -- of Positive Thinking! Thank you for giving me access to the thoughts of Celtics superfans & others who know how special the Celtics community is. Thank you for modifying Celtics team spirit for fan use. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2008, 12:10:41 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

Thank you, IP.  Walter Payton is a personal hero of mine, and it's hard to come up with a greater compliment than the one you gave.  It's undeserved, but appreciated.

(One great thing about Payton?  He wore #34!)

I agree completely, let's throw a well deserved barrage of tommy points at this man. Without him these forums would not be the classy, discussion forum it is.

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EscWg2n4vR4

Posted that one on my way out the door this morning and didn't have a chance to elaborate on Sly's message - Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself (although he spelled it all weird).  But really, that's the thing that's made this place special for me.  I feel comfortable just being honest and sharing the things I enjoy here at CB.

So thanks for that.
Yup

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Thanks to Edgar mostly for the character you bring to the forums but also for the work thar you do

U mean This character and this hard work

Thank u IP ure a cool man.  ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!