Author Topic: I Love You Guys  (Read 5605 times)

I Love You Guys
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:57:02 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
Every one of you, especially the veteran Celtic blog members. I really do...let me explain why.

i am a passionate Boston sports fan, celts, pats, red sox. but the celts are my primary passion. As the sox and pats have gotten better in the last 5-7 years or so, the c's have slipped into obscurity. no one cared about the Celtics. people mocked me for remaining a fan.

"these are the Celtics" i would think. Maybe the bobcats are irrelevant, maybe the clippers, maybe some other teams. but the Boston Celtics, no one cares? sure they got some pub on draft nights, and lottery night 2007 was a huge deal. but most of the time, it was red sox, patriots, patriots, red sox.

don't get me wrong. i love those two teams. but when i stumbled across Celtics blog, i was in heaven. people who think like i do. people who care. people who are passionate. people who are interested in a "Should Orien Greene be getting more minutes" debate, or a "Why is Doc playing Leon over Gomes debate?" I was behind Danny Ainge and his moves from day one, wanted Doc fired about 2 years ago, but it did not matter. it was great to come to this web site for civilized debates, and see what was on Celtics fans minds every day.

Sure the mods can be too strict, and there are some people unwilling to blame every loss on the officials (what's wrong with you people anyway), but still, nothing made me happier these last few years than coming here and discussing the good and the bad. Soon enough, i found myself eschewing the traditional media outlets and simply coming to this web site for my Celtics news. who would i rather hear from, royhobbs or peter may? bankshot or shira springer? it is a no-brainer. i came to celtics blog. when my work came out with the top ten non-work related web sites visited during a meeting last year, celtics blog came in at #9 even though i was the only person at my job who had ever heard of the site. all my co-workers just looked at me, and then the whole room, even my bosses, started laughing because everyone know who the guilty party was.

i am rambling now, and there is so much else on my mind, but i will stop. but let me just say thank you to jeff for running this site, thank you to the mods for keeping lunatics lime me in order, and thank you to all the celtics fans who got me through the tough times as a celtic fan.

Boston Celtics 2008 World Champions, it simply gets no better than that!
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

Re: I Love You Guys
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:59:45 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Great post, TP for this.  When I go down my list of people to be happy for the people on this thread are near the top of the list.  It's like a mini little family we've got over here.  We've all shared in the good and bad times together, here's to many more.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 01:02:42 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
thanks, man, this is one of the greatest nights of my life. i cannot imagine being any happier.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 01:05:04 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
TP, man, especially for this part:

when my work came out with the top ten non-work related web sites visited during a meeting last year, celtics blog came in at #9 even though i was the only person at my job who had ever heard of the site

Great stuff (and I appreciate the personal shout out).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 01:18:42 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I've said it in another thread and I'll say it here again. Thank you all for sharing this first championship I've experienced. It means so much, love you all!
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 01:25:16 AM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I know how you feel man. People mock me every day for rooting for the Celtics, and I get criticism even up to this day (well, I don't know about after this  ;D  ) But anyway, I love coming here and having all of you to talk to about my favorite thing in the world. You guys are great. Glad to share my first championship moment with all of you

GO CELTICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better change my sig, lol. It's about time I put 2008 up there.
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 01:31:22 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
It's a lovefest!  Let the TPs flow

Yup

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:40:17 AM »

Offline NUMBA 17

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
MUCH LOVE is definetely an appropriate theme right now.....

I love the Celtics
I love what the Celtics have always represented (winning, pride, hard work, tradition, respect, diversity, UBUNTU)
I love Celtics Pride, Celtics Mystique
I love all Celtics fans, all genders, races, ethnicity, languages
I love the legend of Red Auerbach
I love Bill Russell and ALL Celtic legends
I love Celticsblog
I love Paul Pierce
I love KG
I love Ray Allen
I love CHAMPIONSHIP NUMBA 17

LOL....corny as that all was, I had to do it ;D
"Dont give up...dont ever give up..."   J. Valvano

Thank-you Celticsblog
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:49:04 AM »

Offline DingDongDel

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Hey I know I am not a frequent poster or anything so this may not be my place, or the time even, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone at Celticsblog for making being a Celtics fan that much more enjoyable. This website is just such an a great resource for any Celtics fan and has become a routine part of my day, I can't even remember what being a fan was like  before I started checking out this site. So thank you.

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 01:49:54 AM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
I gotta chime in on this thread. I've been on Celticsblog since near the beginning. I don't post 10 times a day like some (how do you find THAT much time?), but I've followed and read and participated religiously. I'm especially grateful because I live in Portland, OR - where I have no fellow Celtics fans to talk to. I went to game 2 last Sunday in Boston and it was the greatest thing in the world to be able to rub elbows with other Celtics fans. But then I realized that I've been doing it all along here at Celticsblog. Great place to be. Love the passion, enthusiasm, comraderie - love it all.

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 02:03:33 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I'm on board with this thread.  I've enjoyed the site for years now in all it's versions and incarnations.  I come here multiple times daily and it's great to hear from you guys. 

Since I can't see the games you're my eyes and ears, you give life and context to the box scores and the highlight reels that I have to watch to get my fix.  I enjoy reading everyone's opinion and I wish I could have the wealth of knowledge that everyone here does about the franchise and about the game of basketball.  Thank you for all your hard work if you're a mod, an owner or just a visitor.  You all make this community possible for all of us.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 02:05:28 AM »

Offline Mad Hatter

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 75
I remember I first started in '05 during that playoff run. I believe I still hold the record for most posts in single topic lol.....

But seriously....tonight brought tears of joy. I'm so happy for this team.

Go Celtics!!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 02:13:15 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
TP to you connerhenry, obviously...I am happy for everyone here.  I love knowing that I can go somewhere where people care as much as I do.  Most of my friends aren't really into sports, so I can't have the in depth discussions, debates, and arguments that I have here.  While I will never have the # of posts of a Roy Hobbs or Redz, I am glad to be a part of this blog.  Thank you!

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 02:16:48 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Hey - you posted a trade last year - this was for you...\

Classy move by Pierce when he got the MVP.  Roy Hobbs - heart of the forums.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 02:21:38 AM »

Offline BirdNerd

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
props to all the Cs bloggers that would battle and bang heads about the true value and potential of Gerald Green with me at 630AM before headed off to work!!!!!   man have things changed. 

watched all 82 last year on league pass.   I feel at home with all you obsessive cats.   Felt proud to see our boy Justin on the tube wrapping with the Ticket!!!!