Author Topic: Much Respect to the Crowd...  (Read 5668 times)

Re: Much Respect to the Crowd...
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 01:58:32 AM »

Offline payjo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
It's funny, I'm 26 and have always wanted to know what the old garden was like and if we could live up to it. I HAVE to believe that tonight matched it. The New Garden is now the Old Garden. Hopefully some long timers can confirm.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 04:06:47 AM »

Offline erix

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
After watching the playoffs as a whole, it really felt like Stern deserved to get booed. 

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 04:12:40 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The crowd made a big difference. We never could have come back in LA if they had half the crowd we have. The Garden crowd rocks. LA not so much....

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 04:17:34 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
I knew the fans would be ready for this occasion. It certainly seemed like they were a constant F5 tornado roar all night.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2008, 04:25:46 AM »

Offline PSquared

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
I wonder....

Did anyone by chance see Antoine in the crowd or no?  He was most likely there but I'm just curious if anyone, who was either at the game or was watching on tv, actually saw him?     ???

Again...I loved when the Crowd Booed Stern.  The only thing that would've been better would be them chanting "Tim Donaghy" or something...just to pi$$ Stern off some.   ;D

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 03:40:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Most surreal sporting event I've ever attended.  The crowd last night was unlike anything I've ever witnessed in person and I've been to some decent sporting events ('04 & '07 World Series, Roberts' Steal, and the NJ Comeback).

Incredible.

EDIT:  The "Hey, hey, hey" chant and the postgame "De-Fense" chant gave me goosebumps and a chill ran up my spine. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2008, 04:04:20 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
What amazed me:

After getting home from the game about 1:30, I noticed that my ears were ringing as if I had been to a rock concert.  That is how loud it was.  It far surpassed the NJ comeback game in the 2002 ECF.

The "hey hey, goodbye" cheer was absolutely the loudest thing of the night.  Every single person in the building had to be chanting it.  It was deafening.

Two or three times the deafening roar that happened after the "noise" sign came up on the Jumbotron was simply amazing.  It felt as if my head was next to a jet engine.  I have never heard anyplace that loud.

The fact that we kept up the dee-fense cheer almost the entire game.  Even when we were up by 40.

Finally, the "Where is Kobe?" and postgame "dee-fense" chant will stick with me and my son for ever.  Chills up and down my spine on that postgame dee-fense chant.  It was so cool.

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2008, 04:09:11 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
When crowd started to sing hey hey goodbye, I was out of myself.

It was absolutely beautiful. I never heard basketball crowd that can sing this way.

Amazing.

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 04:21:51 PM »

Offline Eric

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 14
What amazed me:

After getting home from the game about 1:30, I noticed that my ears were ringing as if I had been to a rock concert.  That is how loud it was.  It far surpassed the NJ comeback game in the 2002 ECF.noise" sign came up on the Jumbotron was simply amazing.  It felt as if my head was next to a jet engine.  I have never heard anyplace that loud.

I couldn't sleep because my ears were ringing and humming as well!

The only "complaint" I had was fans booing during the national anthem - I somewhat blame that on the ABC telecast because as Paula Cole was singing, images of Kobe and the Lakers would appear on the jumbotron, so I can see how some fans couldn't resist the booing...

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 04:36:35 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
All I know is when I get my 2008 Boston Celtics Championship DVD, they better have full clips of the "Na Na Na Na" and post game De-Fense chant in there.  I want to remember that forever.  One of the coolest things I ever experienced.

The only "complaint" I had was fans booing during the national anthem - I somewhat blame that on the ABC telecast because as Paula Cole was singing, images of Kobe and the Lakers would appear on the jumbotron, so I can see how some fans couldn't resist the booing...

I felt a little weird about this one, I was booing with everyone else, but during the national anthem?  I feel a little dirty about that one.  Also on a side note, as my buddy who was with me said, "Paula Cole!? This is Game 6 of the NBA Finals, they should have like Mariah Carey or somebody."  Can't we get a bigger star than Paula Cole?  She hasn't been relevant on the mainstream since like '97.  Couldn't get someone a little more relevant?  She also did God Bless America at last years MLB All Star Game, am I missing something here?  Who does she have dirt on to get these gigs?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 04:51:04 PM »

Offline DannyZ

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
What a great game to attend.  The crowd was so intense and loud.  It was a privilege to be a part of it.  I'll never forget it for the rest of my life.

So many great moments.  So many great chants.  My personal favorite was:

"You're not Jor-dan" CLAP. CLAP. CLAP-CLAP-CLAP.

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Props to all who booed David Stern. I don't have anything against him, but I also agree he deserved it for some of his handlings in the NBA this season, and in many others possibly. I don't completely buy into that conspiracy of 2002, and I personally watched the game and think it was just the Refs trying to be "fair by sympathy/ or personal wanting to give more fouls to even it up, or even ref betting" kinda wrongdoing. Which might not be Stern's fault, IMHO. Actually, probably is.

Anyways, I could hear the crowd the whole night, much better than NBDL games  ;D