Author Topic: Congratulations Mr. Pierce  (Read 7686 times)

Congratulations Mr. Pierce
« on: June 18, 2008, 12:26:03 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Heroes are remembered, but Legends never die.  You just earned yourself basketball immortality, and it was well deserved.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

Re: Congratulations Mr. Pierce
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 12:28:35 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
An all time Celtic.  Right up there with other greats.  Will be up in the rafters when all is said and done.  It is awesome that he got the MVP, great stuff.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 12:29:47 AM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
This series should thrust Pierce into the discussion for one of the top 5-10 players in the league.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:30:23 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
What a year, what  a player, what a team

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:31:47 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
This series should thrust Pierce into the discussion for one of the top 5-10 players in the league.
I think this will plant his name in that group of players next season. It'll be hard for him to be a top regular season MVP candidate while playing next to Ray and KG though. More of an honourable mention scenario.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 12:41:00 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
PP, the Truth, deserved this more than anyone in a Celtics uniform - he's been here for 10 long hard years. He's tasted playoff glory. He's had his bad days. But he's persevered through, never once complained. He understands the history.  He knows what it means to wear the green, to be THE captain.  I remember the night he was drafted how I was calculating that if Milwaukee took Dirk, PP could fall, and he did, and I jumped up and down and all around, and now, now he has led us to the promised land.  He knows its a team game though, look at the assists, look at the team defense. PP has become immortal, his number will be in the rafters among the greats, he contributed heavily to the 1st championship I can vividly and will vividly remember. He is the Boston Celtics.  Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 12:58:35 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I remember one year ago when I made this user name after KG got here. I made a thread about PP gerttting the MVP award. Well, it is finally here, and there is no other player in the nba that deserves it more than this guy. I am so happy for this guy and for the whole Celtic team. They deserved this one and no one cn take this away from the ball club and no one can take this away from the finals MVP. MR. Paul Pierce. Thank you Captin, you have never let me down.

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 01:06:06 AM »

Offline ThirtyThreePlusOne

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
finally some of the recognition he deserves - and the rest of the world gets to see the real Truth! awesome baby!
There are many lies, but only one Truth.

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 01:11:45 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Honestly....I have never doubted that the Celtics are gonna lose the championship because of paul.

Truly deserves the Finals MVP...CONGRATS PAUL PIERCE

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 01:33:18 AM »

Offline NUMBA 17

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I call him my FCA.....Favorite Celtic of Alltime........1998, so excited when he fell to #10 in the draft...he comes out and has a great rookie year ( you could already see we had something special)...then I remember that morning driving to work when I heard on the radio about the stabbing....my heart dropped....he pulled thru.....not only that, he barely missed anytime at all...something special again...

along with Antoine Walker, he starts to blossom more and more....to the point that Shag Diesel feels moved to call him, THE TRUTH.....

2001-2002, he leads the Celtics in the playoffs for the first time in years....he puts up 45 in a game 5 vs. the 76ers....then he is part of the biggest 4th quarter comeback in NBA playoff history vs. the Nets...

THEN the real tough years.....does he ever publicly demand a trade?  does he ever NOT want to be a Celtic?  not THE TRUTH

He plays hard EVERY NIGHT the last 2 years...no playoffs, only lottery.....

NO PRO ATHELETE IN BOSTON DESERVES A RING MORE THAN PAUL PIERCE......MUCH LOVE FOR MY FCA
"Dont give up...dont ever give up..."   J. Valvano

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 01:35:40 AM »

Offline cmoney

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
Ray might deserve it.. not really sure it's close either way.  Can't complain about #34 getting it though.  Congrats Truth. 

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 01:37:11 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
The man just punched his ticket to the Hall.  Congratulations, Paul.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 01:37:43 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
He is the single reason I got into basketball and became such the nutter C's fan I am now. Your time is now Mr. Pierce, Live it up!

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 01:38:21 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Congrats to the Captain... he deserves it. 8)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 01:49:33 AM »

Offline WillyBeamin

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • Celtic Pride
really happy for paul... congrats man.

wooooooooooooo!
Take it to the hole, there's a dance involved