Author Topic: What I was wrong about. (just like I told Chris I would do if this happened)  (Read 5675 times)

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Chris and I had a bet on this.

Therefore, I was wrong.  Doc is a good enough of an NBA coach to win a title.  He did what he had to do.

Also, I said the off season moves would be judge by the Celtics winning a title with this group (though not necessarily this season).  Well, it was a great move and the direction they chose was the best direction.

p.s.  I am not changing my sig.  Don't bother asking. 

p.p.s.  Don't think for a second I will not question Doc in the future.  I will just not mention replacing him in the future. He earned his next contract. 

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Last thing, I am so happy to have been wrong.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I'm with you I thought that Doc would hold us back.

Glad to be wrong.

Doc is officially a championship coach.

Let's hope he can motivate them to get another one next season.

Let's hope he doesn't get cocky and not re-sign Tom Thibideau, lol.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Doc showed real progress in the playoffs.  Since the end of the Cleveland series, he's been making almost all the right moves.

Excellent job by Doc.  For the first time maybe ever, I can say I'm very glad he's our coach.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

Therefore, I was wrong.  Doc is a good enough of an NBA coach to win a title.  He did what he had to do.

Also, I said the off season moves would be judge by the Celtics winning a title with this group (though not necessarily this season).  Well, it was a great move and the direction they chose was the best direction.

p.p.s.  Don't think for a second I will not question Doc in the future.  I will just not mention replacing him in the future. He earned his next contract. 

dude change the sig, at least make it, outcoaching a caveman, so easy Doc can do it... that'd be fair... I'm so happy the c's won, that's all I can say now!
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Doc showed real progress in the playoffs.  Since the end of the Cleveland series, he's been making almost all the right moves.

Excellent job by Doc.  For the first time maybe ever, I can say I'm very glad he's our coach.

Maybe Doc needed to believe a bit more in himself too.  I definitely felt like the boulder had started rolling down hill for our coach.  One question though:  did Doc EVER put Cassell in the game tonight?

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Last thing, I am so happy to have been wrong.

See, sometimes drinking the Kool Aid can lead you in the right direction.  ;) 

I'll admit that even I had my questions about Doc throughout this season and playoffs...but he answered all of them.

You truly kept your word though. 

so now Doc can be a good coach at least until November!

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I'm just overwhelmed that this post exists.  For so many of us there was only one way for Doc to earn validation.  Just like that, we all win.  Despite his shortcomings, Doc deserves a cigar.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

Your sig is your choice, and this guy, although in disagreement, respects you for keeping it, however silly it may make you look.

(I may be misinterpreting your first PS as a direct message to me, given that I said "it's time to change your sig" in another thread, and for a couple other reasons you're probably aware of; regardless, I'd still make the point above).

I don't believe anyone here thinks they should "not question Doc."  Of course he's subject to criticsm - to not do to so would be foolish.  That's what fans do, regardless of sport or region.  Everyone is entitled to criticizing whomever, so long as it is well thought out and constructive.
God bless and good night!

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Your sig is your choice, and this guy, although in disagreement, respects you for keeping it, however silly it may make you look.

(I may be misinterpreting your first PS as a direct message to me, given that I said "it's time to change your sig" in another thread, and for a couple other reasons you're probably aware of; regardless, I'd still make the point above).

I don't believe anyone here thinks they should "not question Doc."  Of course he's subject to criticsm - to not do to so would be foolish.  That's what fans do, regardless of sport or region.  Everyone is entitled to criticizing whomever, so long as it is well thought out and constructive.

This was posted before that comment in the other thread. 

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
How bout, outcoaching Phil, so easy Doc can do it?

Or outplaying Kobe, so easy Ubuntu can do it?
When you love life, life loves you right back

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Maybe wdleehi's sig motivated Doc. ;)  I vote it stays; at the very least, it was good luck.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
My sig is not a democracy. 

Unless I decide on a new idea (and someone else makes that idea happen), I am not changing it. 

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Well, while we're confessing, I, too, was wrong:

I felt strongly a year ago that Wyc and the ownership group didn't care about winning. I thought the evidence was clear: They wanted to make money, wins be darned.

And then they began spinning what some called our future - I called them inept, unintelligent basketball players - for allegedly over-the-hill former stars. Next came some free-agent signings that people questioned, like Eddie House. I don't remember anyone questioning Posey, who today ranks fourth on my list of current Celtic starts.

So today, my hat's off to ownership for saying "enough" to bad basketball. And it's also off to Danny Ainge for finding the right pieces at the exact right time.

Now, fellas: Get James Posey resigned. No excuses. Number 41 has to be back in green next year. And get back to work. I'm ready for another run.

;D
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline Barnabas

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 11
Gosh, let me add my confession to yours.  I was wrong about Doc Rivers.  He is a good coach and deserved to win this championship.  I'm glad he's our coach.