Author Topic: Plashke  (Read 3601 times)

Plashke
« on: June 17, 2008, 06:33:16 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
I dont know if anyone else is watching Sportscenter right now but they just had Bill Plashke and Bob Ryan on to talk about the game.  Plashke said that the Celtics will win but that the fans don't deserve it.

All I can say is [go away] Bill Plashke!

--------------------------------

Edited.  I understand the sentiment, but please, no profanity. -R.H.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:35:04 PM by Roy Hobbs »
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

Re: Plashke
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
Are you kidding? The fans don't deserve it? I'm not even sure I can respond to such a ludicrous statement like that. And what, Laker fans do deserve it?  :o

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
LA fans who show no emotion, show up late and have a crowd filled with celebs pretending to be fans do?

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 06:37:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Did he explain why he doesn't think the fans deserve it?  Is it because of how they have acted?  Is it because they have been spoiled?

What a strange angle.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Did Ryan respond?
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 06:40:16 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Did he explain why he doesn't think the fans deserve it?  Is it because of how they have acted?  Is it because they have been spoiled?

What a strange angle.

No he didn't explain it at all.  It was the last thing he said when they were asking for predictions.   And Bob Ryan didn't really even say anything.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 06:40:18 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

What a strange angle.

He wrote a column earlier whining about how some Celtics fans were very over-the-top insulting to him after he wrote an anti-Celtic / anti-Pierce article.  So, he must be referring to that.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 06:43:34 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
He wrote a column earlier whining about how some Celtics fans were very over-the-top insulting to him after he wrote an anti-Celtic / anti-Pierce article.  So, he must be referring to that.

It was the one where he claimed Pierce was faking.  He deserved any disrespect that came his way. LOL.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

What a strange angle.

I thought the series was about the players and fans, not about him.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 06:51:01 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
clearly you don't read the fat walrus, everything is about him.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 06:56:38 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
that's an insult to walruses everywhere...
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
He's a weasel. Watching that Sportscenter segment I found myself wishing I could jump through the TV and pummel him.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 07:04:14 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

What a strange angle.

:'( :'( :'(
does Plashke hang out with Vujacic much?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 07:09:53 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
Did anyone read the article where Plaschke called up a Boston e-mailer who wished death and cancer on him? It had the effect of making Plaschke look better. Let's just let this Plaschke fella stew in his own juices... no need to wish further injuries upon this guy.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/columnists/la-sp-plaschke8-2008jun08,0,6565349.column
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 07:15:57 PM »

Offline CLeht11

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 2
Bill Plaschke, coo coo cachoo.  Has he not been to the Garden for a game yet this year?  After 22 years the fans don't deserve it?

We have Vince Wilfork, they have Leo Dicaprio - we win.
Who said the East was the JV conference? See you next year, Mr. Bryant!