Poll

Why the  # switch?

To sell more jerseys.  He was sick of getting beat by people like LeBron since everyone already owned his #8.
To wear #24 so he could be "one more" than Jordan/LeBron
To try to be the player who gets two different numbers retired by one team.
To symbolize his evolution during the second half of his career from a selfish, egomaniac, whiney superstar who wears #8 to a selfish, egomaniac, whiney superstar who wears #24

Author Topic: Why Did Kobe Switch from #8 to #24  (Read 9624 times)

Re: Why Did Kobe Switch from #8 to #24
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 10:07:03 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Kobe switched from #8 which he thought would reflect the number of titles he would win in his career to #24 becasue this number would reflect his finals field goal percentage against the Celtics.

Actually, I have heard that the reason for the switch is he now thinks he is 3 times as good as he used to be.

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 10:13:35 AM »

Offline 12417

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
At the time he switched I remember reading an article about an overseas marketing deal he had entered as a rookie. He signed off on the profits of items sold with the #8 associated, therefore he changed to #24 to be able to keep the merchandising profits on items sold under his new #.

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 10:17:14 AM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
I thought it had something to do with the fact that 24 is 16 more than 8 and that coincided with the age of the girl in Colorado.

(wow, that was unnecessary - but then again, so was the attack)
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.