Author Topic: Gerald Green - worth bringing back as backup shooter to Pierce  (Read 8214 times)

Re: Gerald Green - worth bringing back as backup shooter to Pierce
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
It would be ok for Gerald Green to backup Pierce if they were playing horse, but they are playing basketball, something Gerald doesn't know how to do....yet.  Besides, we already have Posey to back up Pierce.

No thanks.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 12:41:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My guess is the OP is a younger guy that gets caught up in the All-Star game, Slam Dunk contest, and ESPN posterizings. If not I apologize but it ia the only reason I cansee anyone wanting to bring G-no$ back.

Immature.
No work ethic.
Slow to learn.
Unwilling to play defense.

Definitely "Don't judge a book by it's cover" personified in a basketball player and the current closest thing you can get to an anti-Celtic type of player considering the team's current makeup.

If we resigned GG Doc would have to be bailing Garnett out of jail once a week for strangling Gerald. That can't be allowed to happen.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I would be fine with bringing Gerald Green back to be the 14th/15th man on the roster. I don't want him in the rotation or dressed. He needs to spend 12 months learning how to play the game first. Then re-evaluate and decide if there's anything worthwhile there.

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 03:56:12 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Who thinks about stuff like this the day of a closeout game for the NBA championship?  Gerald who?  is my philosophy right now. 

The Cs can worry about filling out the back of their roster after the Finals is over. 

What is funny is that the team will have barely a week between finishing the season and conducting the draft. 

Re: Gerald Green - like gaining another #1 pick ?
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 05:14:37 PM »

Offline grayjonv

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Is Gerald Green as good as any other pick at #30 ?

Plus, he has experience in the system.

I thought he did well when Pierce was out.

With KG , PP and Ray Allen's leadership perhaps Gerald would finally fall and line and put his All-star talent to use.

Would provide entertaining dunks for the next few years during blow out games :)

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 05:20:15 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

What is funny is that the team will have barely a week between finishing the season and conducting the draft. 

Don't think DA and the front office aren't working on the draft as we speak though, its not like after the c's win the title tonight, they'll be like, oh crap we have to draft guys
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 05:23:15 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
maybe this will answer your question: would you be happy with him playing significant minutes in tonight's game if ray allen or pierce were out? If not then we don't have room for him on this team

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »

Offline RickyD Fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think this is a pretty good idea. Gerald is going to come very cheap, like under $1million. He can score in bunches, but needs a whole lot of work. The Celtics on the other hand need cheap players to fill out the roster because we are going to have to pay guys like Posey and House to stick around. If GG will take $600k to ride the pine and only play when he is called on, them I'm all for it. We can always use a solid shooter.

Having said this, I also think we should be more focused on tonight than on Gerald Green. Let's get rid of the Lakers first!

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 05:33:59 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213

Don't think DA and the front office aren't working on the draft as we speak though, its not like after the c's win the title tonight, they'll be like, oh crap we have to draft guys

I'm well aware that Ainge and Co are hard at work on picking a solid guy at 30. 

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
I'd like to see what Tom Thib could do with him... but no. He's not worth having on a team that isn't rebuilding. Save the roster spot for a grizzly vet.

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 05:42:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'd like to see what Tom Thib could do with him... but no. He's not worth having on a team that isn't rebuilding. Save the roster spot for a grizzly vet.
Thibodeau is not a skills coach. He install the defensive system, but if you don't have the commitment or the skills to play within it, he can't help you. And Gerald has neither. I'd much rather have Kedrick Brown from the minors at this point rather than Gerald. Yes, he's that bad.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 06:00:44 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Forget the NBA, forget Europe, this is his next stop.

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 06:02:49 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
the only way Gerald gets in the Garden next year is if he buys a ticket
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 06:23:23 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Thibodeau is not a skills coach. He install the defensive system, but if you don't have the commitment or the skills to play within it, he can't help you. And Gerald has neither. I'd much rather have Kedrick Brown from the minors at this point rather than Gerald. Yes, he's that bad.
Tom T was the primary development coach for Yao Ming. Yao preaches TT's name and efforts in helping him turn into a star player.

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 06:34:44 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29

It's kind of funny. I usually wait with baited breath every year for the draft. And this year I had just about forgotten the draft exsisted.