Author Topic: Gerald Green - worth bringing back as backup shooter to Pierce  (Read 8209 times)

Offline grayjonv

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I have always been a fan of Gerald Green.

Thought he showed potential when Pierce was injured last year. Can hit the 3 pointer and finish.

Hopefully, he has become humble and learn defense since being traded by Minnesota and waived by his hometown Rockets.

Nice to have a scorer off the bench to give Pierce a breather and groomed for the future. More useful than Scal or Pollard.

He was rumored to have been the #2 pick of the draft 3 years ago to Portland instead of Webster.

Re: Gerald Green - worth bringing back as backup shooter to Pierce
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:47:02 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Man, could you imagine Garnett screaming at Gerald for missing a defensive rotation?  GG would probably break down in tears.......

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:49:47 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70

Thought he showed potential when Pierce was injured last year. Can hit the 3 pointer and finish.

Hopefully, he has become humble and learn defense since being traded by Minnesota and waived by his hometown Rockets.

Nice to have a scorer off the bench to give Pierce a breather and groomed for the future. More useful than Scal or Pollard.

He was rumored to have been the #2 pick of the draft 3 years ago to Portland instead of Webster.

He's useless to us. If he couldn't dunk, people wouldn't still be pining for him.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:52:16 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
pass on taking on a project when our captain and coach questioned his work ethic.

GG is the ultimate talent gone ot waste. Loads of talent, reportedly no drive to improve on anything on the defensive end or  to listen to people.

no thanks
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

He's rumored to have gotten a sweetheart deal in Houston. Thats why no fuss was made when he was waived.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 11:29:57 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

In all seriousness
People still dont get that defense is what brought us here
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 11:34:53 AM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
No way ! Gerald is an athlete that can play basketball not a basketball player. He is better suited for Europe where his all offense no defense game will be appreciated.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 11:35:31 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Oh boy, Mr. Potential???

No thanks.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 11:47:59 AM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Depends how much we have to pay him. He is young, we don't have any high flyers after TA got hurt. Plus He is only going to get better, he couldn't possibly get worse

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 11:50:48 AM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I get so peeved every time there is a 'let's bring back X' (especially when X = GG or 'Toine). Are the OPs really serious? Do they watch basketball? Can we filter out these posts to help me live a few years longer?

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 11:55:42 AM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Doc Rivers ran a rudderless ship for the two years Green was a Celtic.  How could anybody expect Green, a very raw high schooler, to learn basic defensive concepts when the whole team wasn't playing the least bit of organized defense?  Or any other defense.  If Thibodeau stays, bring him on.  Between Thibodeau and Garnett giving Green direction you have the makings of a very good role player.  If Thibodeau goes, I wouldn't.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 12:06:06 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
he doesn't have a work ethic. pierce nicely said when asked "i tried, the kid doesn't want to work"

also, lets not play the blame doc game. that rondo kid improved alot, and that jefferson guy seems pretty good. not to mention perk.

i'm sorry GG apologists, he's just not that good. face it.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 12:21:11 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
GG is that sexy girl you dated in HS that was kind of shallow, sort of an airhead, and you knew it wouldn't work out after spending a bit of time with her.  It seems like a lot of people think back to the days with her, because she was so sexy, and want to give it another shot. If we realized we didn't like her then, we're still going to be dissapointed if we go back to her. (and yes this is based on experience)

(for the female cb'ers (not sure who you are, show yourselves) pretend its a guy, maybe a meathead instead of an airhead, same principle applies)
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 12:25:29 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I always believed in GG, all that athleticism, that stroke, but he really just never figured it out.  It would probably be good for him to play on more of a veteran team in terms of focus but he could even get on the court in Minnesota.  I am finally over GG and ready to move on.

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 12:26:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
GG is that sexy girl you dated in HS that was kind of shallow, sort of an airhead, and you knew it wouldn't work out after spending a bit of time with her.  It seems like a lot of people think back to the days with her, because she was so sexy, and want to give it another shot. If we realized we didn't like her then, we're still going to be dissapointed if we go back to her. (and yes this is based on experience)

(for the female cb'ers (not sure who you are, show yourselves) pretend its a guy, maybe a meathead instead of an airhead, same principle applies)

hehe TP, also based on personal experiance.