Author Topic: Tonights's refs!  (Read 5526 times)

Re: Tonights's refs!
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »

Offline EarthBall

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 110
Isn't it sad that we even have to consider what refs work the games?

And has there ever been a trio who Celtics fans are happy with? 

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
How does Salvatorre even get a sniff after that performance against the Pistons.I'm beginning to see the actual method behind the manipulation.  They pick statistically the refs who give the Lakers the best chance of winning on the road so they can attempt to push it to game 7.

I hope the fans tonight are on top of every call!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 11:20:43 AM »

Offline seccom

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
This kind of thread is really stupid. Everyone is complain about the refs before the game even start.

The Celtics fans are complaining about BENNETT SALVATORE, and the Lakers fans are complaining about EF Rush.

What give?

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 11:22:37 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This kind of thread is really stupid. Everyone is complain about the refs before the game even start.

The Celtics fans are complaining about BENNETT SALVATORE, and the Lakers fans are complaining about EF Rush.

What give?

Picking out refs that each team hates doesn't make it a good idea.

Salvadore I have issues with...but none of these guys I hate more than mauer and bavetta.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 11:30:28 AM »

Offline Larry Legend

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
How does Salvatorre even get a sniff after that performance against the Pistons.I'm beginning to see the actual method behind the manipulation.  They pick statistically the refs who give the Lakers the best chance of winning on the road so they can attempt to push it to game 7.

I hope the fans tonight are on top of every call!!!!!

This is not actually true.  All three officials are in the top 18 (of 62) for Home Team vs. The Spread according to covers.com.  Crawford is 10th, Rush is 14th, and Salvatore is 18th.  What does this mean?  It means that the home team is more likely than not to cover the spread tonight.

Salvatore made that call on Pierce in Game 6, yes.  But let's not ignore the fact that the Captain knew something was being called on him at that point - he just assumed it was a travel.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
those are the three worst refs they could give us, no breaks for us in game 6

Replace Eddie Rush with Eddie Mauer and I'd agree with you, but they wouldn't have any ref do two games in a row.

I remember Ed F Rush from a few years back when Tommy actually got in trouble for demanding that people write in to complain about him after he cost the celtics a game on the road. I remember Tommy saying " That's Ed F Rush, F for fool!" Although I agree that Eddie Mauer is not much better.

The guy's name is KENNY Mauer.  Not Eddie, Not Tim.  I've seen three different first names for him in the past day.

KENNY!  ARHHHGGG

Who cares?  He's a horrible ref.  He doesn't deserve to get his name right.