Author Topic: Faith Rewarded (for ages 20-30)  (Read 8402 times)

Re: Faith Rewarded (for ages 20-30)
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 11:51:17 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'm 32.
I started rooting for the Celtics back in 1988.
So it's been quite a dry spell for me, too.

But you know what?
I have a good feeling about this game.

LET'S BRING HOME NO. 17!

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 12:04:28 PM »

Offline celticsfan34

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 32
So you haven't been loyal if you're under 20?  ??? ??? ???

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 12:14:39 PM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
So you haven't been loyal if you're under 20?  ??? ??? ???

Nah man, you can be 10 and bleed green, I am 28 and was just aiming to my friends. Thought about all this stuff while listening to "In the Air Tonight" on the T this morning.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I started watching the NBA when Vitaly Potapenko and Danny Fortson were first here, and I remember both of them being really bulky. Oh yeah, and at that time I remember Tommy (?) screaming WALTAH or something.

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 12:31:17 PM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
i'm 27, and my first celtic memory is losing the '87 finals in LA. like buckeyecelt, i am from ohio. all you hear about is how lebron is the best player in the history of the game. all along, even last year, i kept telling all my friends that we'll win #17 before the cavs win #1.

as we get closer and closer to winning it, the constant criticism pierce and ainge have taken in the national media really comes to mind. until recently, the words "danny ainge" were literally a joke according to the national media. none of them had any foresight or intestinal fortitude to see what we had brewing. and even bill walton said a couple years ago that paul pierce is AT BEST a 3rd or 4th option on a championship team. so to all those critics of our team and us as fans, who's laughing now?

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
I'm 16. My first Celtics memory is... coming back against New Jersey.  :o (I was 10 at the time)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 12:53:57 PM by silvershamrocker »

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 12:36:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Yeah I'm just like a lot of the people here.  I'm 25.  I was obsessed with Larry Bird when I was younger, but the total number of Bird basketball cards was probably greater than the total number of Bird games I had watched.   I remember seeing him dunk in an allstar game.  And my only two truly vivid memories of watching him play was a double overtime game against Portland and the famous Indiana playoff game where he hit his head on the floor and came storming back to win the game for us.   I use to live in Florida.  My dad would actually pull me out of my class early so I could go to the local sportsbar and watch the playoff games with him.

I also remember the game when Reggie Lewis collapsed mid court... and I was visiting Boston the day the headline read "Lewis Dead".

I've always had tons of celtic-related posters, figurines, basketball cards and clothing, but it was hard to follow team in the early 90s when I lived in Florida/Seattle. I really didn't have a chance to get deep into my Celtic obsession until Pitino came on board.  It also happened to be right around when I first had access to the internet in 96/97.  That changed things for sportsfans.  Not only could I easily follow box scores, but ever since day 1 of the Pitino era I've been able to either listen to the radio broadcast of the games online or watch the games via NBA League Pass.  I've pretty much listened to or watched every game since then. 

This entire season has been surreal.  If we are able to win one of the next 2 games I might just break down in tears.

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
i'm 27, and my first celtic memory is losing the '87 finals in LA. like buckeyecelt, i am from ohio. all you hear about is how lebron is the best player in the history of the game. all along, even last year, i kept telling all my friends that we'll win #17 before the cavs win #1.

as we get closer and closer to winning it, the constant criticism pierce and ainge have taken in the national media really comes to mind. until recently, the words "danny ainge" were literally a joke according to the national media. none of them had any foresight or intestinal fortitude to see what we had brewing. and even bill walton said a couple years ago that paul pierce is AT BEST a 3rd or 4th option on a championship team. so to all those critics of our team and us as fans, who's laughing now?

Where are you at in Ohio, I live down in Canal Fulton (Akron/Canton Area).

It's rough living in the front-running home of LBJ.  If I see one more of "Home of LeBron" Signs I might go crazy.

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 12:52:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i am 33 and cheered for the C's my entire life....through the late 80's...the 90's and now this era...this game means a ton to me

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Great thread.  I'm 29 and vaguely remember the 1987 Finals but was into it hard-core in 1988 when they lost to the Pistons.  That's really the year I got hooked and got to goto my first Celtic game in person in NJ vs the Nets.

Vindication to us and all Celtics fans tonight.

Let's do this!!
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I'm 19 years old and, to be honest, I've been a Celtics' fan since 2001, when we reached the Eastern Conference Finals! I was amazed by Pierce( he's still my favorite player) and i loved this team, even though i couldn't really keep in touch with it as I live in Greece and only got Internet by the age of 17!! However, i used every means to get informed and I made it! For the next few years I was sad to see that the Celtics were getting worse and worse every single year passing but I never quitted! Even last year...my faith was strong!! This year's achievements, well, I don't think it's a reward, I don't think I did sth big to get a reward!! I can just say that my smile came back to my face this year, I see that the Celtics are finally getting what they deserve and my guy Paul is finally rewarded!! His faith is rewarded right now and that makes me happy!!  :)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I've been rooting for the Celtics since the 87 finals, I barely missed the last title.  Since then it's been mostly pretty terrible.

I turn 30 at midnight tonight, and I expect to be celebrating within the first half-hour of my new decade...

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 01:14:10 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I've been rooting for the Celtics since the 87 finals, I barely missed the last title.  Since then it's been mostly pretty terrible.

I turn 30 at midnight tonight, and I expect to be celebrating within the first half-hour of my new decade...

Holy smoke, what a present you'll
hopefully (-I'M NOT JINXING US!)
be getting.
Well, congratulations in advance  :)

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 01:26:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Holy smoke, what a present you'll
hopefully (-I'M NOT JINXING US!)
be getting.
Well, congratulations in advance  :)

Thanks Amager, just to help my optimism I'm also watching the DVDs of the 86 Finals (early B-day present) for the first time, to pass time til the real game.  I'm not a big believer in fate, but I sure hope things wind up lining up as well as they seem to be...

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 01:27:14 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
Count me in on this. 30 years old and the fist season was the 90-91. I remember Jordons layup and thought "why did he make that harder then it had to be". But I soon found out why.

This season is so great in so  maby ways. Now I can finally tell all my friends who have been giving me endless crap since my early 20's about being a Boston fan(kind of funny seeing they love the Bucks). But know when we win I can finally tell them to eat it >:(
Still don't believe in Joe.