Author Topic: When's the last time?  (Read 2324 times)

When's the last time?
« on: June 17, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »

Offline CelticPride

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 28
When's the last time a Boston/NE sports team won a championship at home?

The last two Sox championships were both won on the road. The Patriot Super Bowls were all on neutral sites (of course). I seem to remember the Celts won the last game against the Rockets in Houston. (This was _far_ too long ago for my fragile memory)

Re: When's the last time?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 10:16:02 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Also, I was wondering when was the last time a city had 3 professional sports teams in the Championship game/series?

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
When's the last time a Boston/NE sports team won a championship at home?

The last two Sox championships were both won on the road. The Patriot Super Bowls were all on neutral sites (of course). I seem to remember the Celts won the last game against the Rockets in Houston. (This was _far_ too long ago for my fragile memory)

The Celtics against the Rockets in 1986.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 10:30:05 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Also, I was wondering when was the last time a city had 3 professional sports teams in the Championship game/series?

Not sure if it was the last time but in '86 The Celts, Sox, & Pats all made it to the championship round (we won't speak of how teams not wearing green fared)
Yup

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Very cheasy won, but thought it was worth throwing out there.

In 2000 the Mets & Yankees both made it to the World Series and the New Jersey Devils were in the Stanley Cup Finals (is NJ a NY team?, hmmmm...are the Giants and Jets NJ teams?)
Yup

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 10:51:55 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
This isn't completely on topic, but in 1980, all four of Philadelphia's teams competed in the championship game for their respective sports.  The Phillies won the World Series, and the Eagles, Flyers, and Sixers all lost (with the Eagles loss technically coming in January of 1981, but following the 1980 series).  I think that's unparalleled. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »

Offline CelticPride

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 28
Roy -
I know it's not a 100% "real" Sport. But the NE Revolution did go to the title game this year...