Author Topic: Pep Talk for All Celtics Fans  (Read 1219 times)

Pep Talk for All Celtics Fans
« on: June 17, 2008, 07:52:08 AM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I always loved when I played sports when the coach would enter the locker room and rally the troops.

Over the last few days a number of fans including myself have had doubts. I wonder why we could not close it out in La La Land? I wonder will the injuries finally catch up with the team? Will Kobe will his team to victory? Will KG take over like we all know he can?

This has been an amazing season. Last year at this time we were wondering how Danny Ainge could turn the fortunes of this star crossed franchise around. I remember when Michael Wilbon reported that there was no way KG would ever accept a deal to Boston due to the fact that people thought Boston was a "racist" city.

Raise your hand if you were p---ed when you heard that Danny traded Jeff Green for a Ray Allen who had just come off double ankle surgery? Im raising my hand. Who did we want...Brandon Wright? Yi Jilian? etc. Remember those days? Why would the lottery gods not allow this team to grab Greg Oden or Kevin Durant?

Then word broke on July 30th in a column written by Foxsports.com's Jeff Goodman. KG would be coming to Boston. Wow! My favorite player in the league with the exception of Paul and Toine would be wearing GREEN! I remember questioning whether we could deal Big Al or Ryan Gomes. What a fool I was.

The team starting this process back in Europe. They went on to have one of the greatest regular seasons we have had in these parts since Larry, Robert and Kevin were walking through that door!

This team went on to win 66 games long ways away from losing 18 straight. They struggled early on in the playoffs. The playoffs are a different animal. But, they have never trailed in a series.

This team is going to do it tonight! I was 6 years old the last time they won. I remember having the chicken pox and my Dad bringing home a 1986 World Champs t-shirt and painters cap for me. This is their time. We have suffered for so long and we will party all night long on the Garden floor!

I want to remind everyone where we have come from! Doc, Kevin, Paul, Ray, Rondo, Perk, E-house, Poz, Scal, PJ, Gabe, Baby, TA, Sam, Pollard thank you for a wonderful season. These memories will last a lifetime. Carpe Diem. Seize the moment tonight! You guys deserve it!

Go Green!

P.S. If anyone has any tickets wditullio@fstinc.com
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)