Author Topic: Its time for the garden to sound like 'The Garden'  (Read 8311 times)

Re: Its time for the Garden to sound like The Garden
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 02:39:34 PM »

Offline banner17

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
my girl friend bought me tickets during the Hawks series, she game them to me during game 3, as you well know the C's lost that game, I also had them in my possession for game 4. after that I gave them back and don't her don't let me see them again unless we need them. she is on her way over right now WITH THE TICKETS!!!

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 02:52:37 PM »

Offline payjo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Honestly, for those going tonight, are you going to stand the whole game? I was told to sit a number of times in Games 1 and 2 and am not going to take it tonight. "It's the fourth quarter! Stand up! Stand up riiiight nooooooow!"

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 02:57:53 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
Please be considerate of your neighbors, and let everyone see the game. Some people can't stand all night, and they deserve to see the game like everyone else.

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 02:59:20 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
yea, remeber you have to make up a majority of those seats on the lower bowl that will be filled with people who go as a social event.

rock the rafters bleacher fans  ;D ;D

Bleachers?  This ain't Fenway, son.

My season tickets are last row in the BALCONY.  I hope that qualifies as a "real fan" to you.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 03:16:14 PM »

Offline payjo

• Xavier Tillman
Please be considerate of your neighbors, and let everyone see the game. Some people can't stand all night, and they deserve to see the game like everyone else.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. HD is pretty nice nowadays and if they have a medical issue, I believe there are a number of handicap seats around the arena. Obviously there are exceptions (kids, elderly, etc.) but the people I was "shushed" by were in their 40's, not clapping, and generally not paying attention. I'll even take it a step further that I agree with you for games 1 and 2, but this is game 6. At some point respect for other impinges on the experience of me and my fellow season ticket holders. I saw waaaaay too many crappy teams and crappy games to be "shushed" now by some pink hats.

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 03:49:50 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213

I have to respectfully disagree with this. HD is pretty nice nowadays and if they have a medical issue, I believe there are a number of handicap seats around the arena. Obviously there are exceptions (kids, elderly, etc.) but the people I was "shushed" by were in their 40's, not clapping, and generally not paying attention. I'll even take it a step further that I agree with you for games 1 and 2, but this is game 6. At some point respect for other impinges on the experience of me and my fellow season ticket holders. I saw waaaaay too many crappy teams and crappy games to be "shushed" now by some pink hats.

I agree with this totally.  I actually got into a verbal confrontation with an alleged "fan" who tried to tell me that I didn't have the right to stand up during Game 7 of the Cavs series.  I'm going to support me team and live and die with every possession (in a positive and non-profane way), and if someone else at the game doesn't like it, meet me in the parking garage after the game and we can "discuss" it.

If you're at a playoff game, you should expect that other fans will be standing up for a good part of the game. 

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 04:13:18 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free

I agree with this totally.  I actually got into a verbal confrontation with an alleged "fan" who tried to tell me that I didn't have the right to stand up during Game 7 of the Cavs series.  I'm going to support me team and live and die with every possession (in a positive and non-profane way), and if someone else at the game doesn't like it, meet me in the parking garage after the game and we can "discuss" it.

If you're at a playoff game, you should expect that other fans will be standing up for a good part of the game. 

I completely agree.  I am so sick of the rich bandwagoners telling me not to stand.  I got into a confrontation for standing at game 5 of the Atlanta series after i had paid 80 bucks.  Maybe not a lot of money to the guys who have season tickets in the lower bowl, but they were to me; I'm only a college student.  They actually told me to watch the game at home if I wanted to stand and yell.  Are you serious? That's why you go to these games.  Not to sit on you hands like a Lakers fan.  These are the Boston Celtics, and I've been waiting my whole life for this.  The way i see it, all of the bandwagoners putting up big bucks and showing up in your suits weren't there before this year.  I was and I always rooted for this team.  Just because you all of a sudden thought it would be cool to come to the finals doesn't mean I will adjust for you.  You come here and learn how to be a fan or you mope.  I'll cheer the way i want to.

I'm paying 400 bucks for balcony tonight and i did the same for game 1.  No one better dare tell me to sit down.  This is my team and my time.  LET'S GO CELTICS.  BEAT LA!!!

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 04:14:38 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
yea, remeber you have to make up a majority of those seats on the lower bowl that will be filled with people who go as a social event.

rock the rafters bleacher fans  ;D ;D

Bleachers?  This ain't Fenway, son.

My season tickets are last row in the BALCONY.  I hope that qualifies as a "real fan" to you.

w/e brick you know what i ment, sorry i messed up one word......

don't really know what this was about, wish i could go tonight too, but i don't have the means....
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 04:17:30 PM »

Offline newdusk

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Dont for get the Gas Hole chant... If someone knows the Music guy for the celtics make sure he plays plenty of John Denver

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 04:19:34 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
4 hours 22 minutes to go....

Lets Go Celtics!! Lets Go Celtics!!

C'mon Boston! I wanna play my TV loud and proud!!

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
During game 1 of this series I was told to sit down by a Laker fan. This was directly after KG's putback dunk on Pau Gasoft. With the game in hand, I just pointed to the scoreboard.

Sasha Vujacic says we play "too rough". Lets show these Laker pansies that our crowd "plays rough" too. Remember, Celtics fans, its easy to cheer when your team is on a run, or up by a large margin. Its if/when the C's fall behind by 5 or 7 or 10 that our support must not waver.

Also, may I suggest a BEAT LA chant to drown out the Laker introductions? I think that would be totally epic.

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 04:33:05 PM »

Offline payjo

• Xavier Tillman

Also, may I suggest a BEAT LA chant to drown out the Laker introductions? I think that would be totally epic.

YES. Much better than the straight up boo'ing.

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 04:35:13 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
We are gonna hear plenty of "Let's go Celtics", "Beat LA", and hopefully "It's all over" tonight.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 04:36:22 PM »

Offline PierceMVP08

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
  • And the Truth shall set you free

The problem with that is that abc drowns out the crowd noise on tv.  It will be intimidating as hell at the Garden though.  I can't wait!

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 04:57:19 PM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53

The problem with that is that abc drowns out the crowd noise on tv.  It will be intimidating as hell at the Garden though.  I can't wait!

I highly doubt that modern technology can drown out the voice 18,000+ green monsters all hungry for a chip! Not tonight buddy!