Author Topic: Someone talk me off this ledge!  (Read 5697 times)

Re: Someone talk me off this ledge!
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 08:05:15 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Boston is 11-1 at home. 

Lakers blew a record lead in LA

They almost lost an elimination game at home, something a Phil Jackson team almost never does. 

Lakers are teetering on the ledge.  Boston plays like a bulldozer at home. 

But what about Gasol and Odom?  They look like all-stars with Perk not playing.  I bet they have great confidence now that the Celtics are just as soft in the middle as they are.  I'm sorry, but I'm just not optimistic about this game at all. :(

And despite that, the Celtics almost beat the Lakers in LA in an elimination game. 

I still think if the Celtics start KG on Odom tonight instead of Gasol, he will remove Odom as a threat. 

And then, PJ/Powe/Davis all need to take turns pushing Gasol the best they can.  (Unless Perk plays, then Gasol cann be tossed around)

Thank you, I feel a tiny little better. ;)  I hope you're right.  I'm going to be a basket case until they finally pull it off... if they do. :-\
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 08:17:00 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Boston is 11-1 at home. 

Lakers blew a record lead in LA

They almost lost an elimination game at home, something a Phil Jackson team almost never does. 

Lakers are teetering on the ledge.  Boston plays like a bulldozer at home. 

But what about Gasol and Odom?  They look like all-stars with Perk not playing.  I bet they have great confidence now that the Celtics are just as soft in the middle as they are.  I'm sorry, but I'm just not optimistic about this game at all. :(

And despite that, the Celtics almost beat the Lakers in LA in an elimination game. 

I still think if the Celtics start KG on Odom tonight instead of Gasol, he will remove Odom as a threat. 

And then, PJ/Powe/Davis all need to take turns pushing Gasol the best they can.  (Unless Perk plays, then Gasol cann be tossed around)

Thank you, I feel a tiny little better. ;)  I hope you're right.  I'm going to be a basket case until they finally pull it off... if they do. :-\

Who would have thought I was going to be the positive one.   ;)

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »

Offline WedmanIsMyHero

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
This flight delay thing worries me.  Does anyone know if the Celtics at least got to spend Sunday night in a hotel, as opposed to in their plane like the Spurs did before Game 1 of the WCF against the Lakers?

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 09:25:58 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm trying to think good thoughts.  We are the better team.  We do have the next two games at home.  Defense wins championships and we play much better defense than the Lakers, BUT...there are way too many bad things happening here. 

1.  Our plane gets in to Boston late with mechanical problems.  Not a huge deal, but still
2.  Perkins looks like he is out for the rest of the playoffs.
3.  Ray Allen was still in LA as of Monday night with his ill son.  (One huge bit of good news is that it seems his child is okay.)
4.  Rondo looks like he has lost all confidence
5.  KG had a tough time being aggresive in Game 5, which we need now more than ever with Perk on the shelf.
6.  Doesn't some team have to come back from 3-1 to win a series?

Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!!  Why can't I stop thinking bad thoughts.  Somebody tell me to relax.  Somebody tell me something positive.  PLEASE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwfAKFg-0-Y

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl5DlrsU90

and just for nostalgia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2EE511FWsQ

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 09:36:21 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Why would we worry about a 3-1 lead with Doc as our coach?  Link.

I kid, I kid. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions