Author Topic: Good news/Bad news  (Read 9421 times)

Re: Good news/Bad news
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2008, 06:43:33 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think losing perk has hurt...but garnett in foul trouble hurt a lot more....pj brown can body gasoft but boston got hurt on posey playing odom in the post....if garnett isn't in foul trouble...garnett and pj play tougher down

lBOSTON (WBZ) ― After being stranded in LAX all day Tuesday, the Celtics are finally in the air and on their way home to Boston.

Both of the Celtics' charter planes reported mechanical issues before Monday morning's scheduled 10:15 a.m. takeoff, L.A. time. Because of the issues, the team could not get in the air.

someone was saying they would be in by 1030 tonight

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 07:01:01 PM by celticinorlando »

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2008, 07:13:35 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
*Two* of our planes had mechanical issues?  I smell sabotage!

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
Some one better be pulling multiple fire alarms all night at the Fakers hotel..This is BS 2 planes have problems I don't think so
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2008, 07:49:55 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
2 planes? I smell conspiracy. Where's Tommy to comment? I need to hear Tommy's opinion.

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2008, 08:19:33 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Seeing as Ray had to leave early to tend to Teirra was he with the team on the plane or had he flown out earlier before the botched charters?

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2008, 08:29:09 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i believe ray prolly flew out on his own..he is prolly shooting jump shots already in the garden

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 08:36:16 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
The C's may need him if he has fresher legs, but then again KG probably hasn't slept anyway so I doubt the charter issues cause any detriment to his game.  ;D

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2008, 08:40:16 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
The Celts are 1 hour and 38 minutes away from landing at Hanscom in Bedford.  10:17 is now the expected touch down for their flight.  Given tomorrow's 9 p.m. start they have plenty of time to sleep and then get to the Garden in the afternoon.  I am so stoked/nervous for this game.  I hope my son can keep me under control tomorrow night.  Don't want to get thrown out of the garden.

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2008, 08:46:33 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Some one better be pulling multiple fire alarms all night at the Fakers hotel..This is BS 2 planes have problems I don't think so

Neh, they just need to find Kobe or Odom out at a bar, and get them drunk!

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2008, 08:49:56 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

From what I hear of Odom, that won't be much of a problem.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2008, 08:59:24 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
The Celts are 1 hour and 38 minutes away from landing at Hanscom in Bedford.  10:17 is now the expected touch down for their flight.  Given tomorrow's 9 p.m. start they have plenty of time to sleep and then get to the Garden in the afternoon.  I am so stoked/nervous for this game.  I hope my son can keep me under control tomorrow night.  Don't want to get thrown out of the garden.

yeah...that is a good time..plenty of rest....i agree with being so nervous and stoked....i can hardly eat sleep or focus...all i keep seeing is confetti and garnett holding up the trophy.....you are so lucky to be going tomorrow

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2008, 09:29:29 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
The more I think about this, it could be a blessing in disguise.  By basically being in limbo tonight, where all they could do is relax, hang with their teammates, and watch film, they cut out any time these players had to worry about the game.

By the time they get in tonight, they will be able to just go home, get a good nights sleep, and then go straight into gameday.

The C's were not focused at the beginning of games 4 and 5, but I expect this delay to go a long way to make sure that doesnt happen in game 6.

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 09:37:30 PM »

Offline Tommy Gun

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23

HEY get Daniel Stern and Dan Ackyord and you got a movie
See, this is why I'm not allowed to announce NBA games -- I'd be talking in the Cookie Monster voice right now:

Ahhhhhhhhhh ... my knee hurts ... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh ... me don't like when my knee hurts ...

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2008, 11:33:46 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139

From what I hear of Odom, that won't be much of a problem.

Vin Baker and Gary Payton can take care of that minor detail.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
2 planes? I smell conspiracy. Where's Tommy to comment? I need to hear Tommy's opinion.

two planes!!! How is that possible? This should be investigated. RoyHobbs is right, there better be some payback going on in the lakers hotel tonight and tomorrow, and I don't want to hear of any of you guys asking autographs from the lakers players if you run into them like people did last time they were in boston, we gotta give them some rough treatment! Come on!