Author Topic: Good news/Bad news  (Read 9420 times)

Re: Good news/Bad news
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 05:41:49 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
That bad news is huge.  They need to get here, get in their film time, get some court time, get some rest.  I'm not happy about this.  COuldn't they have rented a large airplane and flown home by now?  They were supposed to leave last night, correct?

I am guessing they have been watching film on the plane. 

I just hope they aren't actually stuck on the plane, and were able to get out and maybe get a hotel room or something.

Either way, I don't think it matters.  They could be playing on pure adrenaline all game tomorrow.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 05:47:16 PM »

Offline Larry Legend

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
It will be fine. Most team planes are like 5 star hotels these days. There could be worse to overcome.

If they take off now, they aren't back in Boston until 11PM, and they've been on west coast time for over a week now.  This is not "no big deal."

oh yea, it's definately a big deal! They have stunk it up this season when their flights have been delayed.

Private jets these days have spas and bars and everything. You can be assured that a professional sports team worth hundreds of millions of dollars has the amenities to accommodate the team.

They can sleep on the plane also.

I'm pretty sure they aren't flying back in a crop duster.

According to Cedric Maxwell, they're now flying back in a standard 757 which was flown into LA for the purposes of bringing them home.

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 05:50:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It will be fine. Most team planes are like 5 star hotels these days. There could be worse to overcome.

If they take off now, they aren't back in Boston until 11PM, and they've been on west coast time for over a week now.  This is not "no big deal."

oh yea, it's definately a big deal! They have stunk it up this season when their flights have been delayed.

Private jets these days have spas and bars and everything. You can be assured that a professional sports team worth hundreds of millions of dollars has the amenities to accommodate the team.

They can sleep on the plane also.

I'm pretty sure they aren't flying back in a crop duster.

According to Cedric Maxwell, they're now flying back in a standard 757 which was flown into LA for the purposes of bringing them home.

that's horrible! Someone must have messed up their team plane pretty badly. I hope this gets them p---ed off enough to blow the lakers out tomorrow

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 06:03:01 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

Here's to hoping the C's can't make it to Boston for the game! = D I'm sure Stern will grant us an exception to sign these guys!

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 06:13:18 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
If I didn't have so much personal emotion invested in this series, that would one of the funniest things I can imagine - trotting Gerald, Antoine, Waltah and the gang out there for game 6. Man, can you imagine?

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 06:13:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Thats crazy. They should postpone it a day. How does this happen?

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 06:15:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
Thats crazy. They should postpone it a day. How does this happen?
\

ask phil jackson, I'm sure he knows

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 06:26:47 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
LOL. You guys are confusing an NBA team plane with your cramped Southwest Flight to Florida. I have seen pics of NBA team planes and they are sick. They can do some therapy on the plane. They will be fine..

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 06:29:08 PM »

Offline cmoney

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
LOL. You guys are confusing an NBA team plane with your cramped Southwest Flight to Florida. I have seen pics of NBA team planes and they are sick. They can do some therapy on the plane. They will be fine..

they aren't flying back on the team plane. 

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 06:29:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

problem is that it doesn't sound like they are getting an nba team plane, it sounds like they are getting an ordinary 747

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
film wise..i am sure the celtics film guy has a DVD burned already for each player and i am sure each player has a personal DVD player that they can watch on the flight home...i think this is going to be overblown because once they hear the garden and the crowd...they will have plenty of energy...i think they should have left last night and gotten in by now...and i think they are flying back on a charter 757 which is usually set up different than a regular 757

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 06:32:16 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
That is true but it's only five hours to Boston. It will be a private chartered 747. They can suck it up for five hours and last night I'm sure they slept like babies. Team planes are essentially flying hotels now. They will be fine..

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 06:34:13 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
And I agree if that nutters crowd tomorrow can't get you energized and pumped after a little flight delay then you probably don't deserve to win a championship...

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 06:35:12 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
at this point in the series i am pretty sure the celtics know everything the lakers are going to do.....

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 06:41:31 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
at this point in the series i am pretty sure the celtics know everything the lakers are going to do.....

yea but they have to decide what they are going to do without perk so they don't end up down 20 again