Author Topic: Kobe / Wife / Kids / Halftime  (Read 11838 times)

Re: Kobe / Wife / Kids / Halftime
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 05:27:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I personally am getting tired of all this Kobe for husband and father of the year stuff.   He is a jerk and I don't buy it for a moment that he didn't rape that girl in Colorado and I don't doubt it for a minute that he is still stepping out on his wife.   But the NBA has to revamp his image since he is the MVP.   

taking it too far imo. It's not like he bought her off.. it went to trial and she lost.  Calling someone a rapist is not something people should throw around lightly, nor let the color of someone's jersey influence that decision.

OJ was found innocent too, do you believe that he didn't kill his wife?

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 05:27:54 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
Eddie & Jalen House?

For some reason I read that as Eddie House and Jalen Rose, and was like, wait a minute...then I read it correctly...but here's some pda to keep your appetites whet

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 05:32:13 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
I wanted to puke when I saw this. What a blatant PR move to try and rebuild a guys image. I find it insulting to be honost. How dumb does Stern think we are? >:(
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I personally am getting tired of all this Kobe for husband and father of the year stuff.   He is a jerk and I don't buy it for a moment that he didn't rape that girl in Colorado and I don't doubt it for a minute that he is still stepping out on his wife.   But the NBA has to revamp his image since he is the MVP.   

taking it too far imo. It's not like he bought her off.. it went to trial and she lost.  Calling someone a rapist is not something people should throw around lightly, nor let the color of someone's jersey influence that decision.
Didn't he settle out of court and then apologized to her? If that's the case then he did something wrong or he'd NEVER had apologized and made it go away as fast as he could. And regardless of his guilt he's still a horrible husband and I don't want to see him put on tv as anything that he's not. Just show the guy play ball and leave it at that. I don't buy the good husband stuff.

Putting Kobe as a great husband is like making Jason Kid a worker at a female abuse center.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 05:37:58 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590

Didn't he settle out of court and then apologized to her? If that's the case then he did something wrong or he'd NEVER had apologized and made it go away as fast as he could. And regardless of his guilt he's still a horrible husband and I don't want to see him put on tv as anything that he's not. Just show the guy play ball and leave it at that. I don't buy the good husband stuff.

Putting Kobe as a great husband is like making Jason Kid a worker at a female abuse center.

Didn't you hear? Kidd's pairing up with Warren Moon to start a home for displaced women
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 05:45:47 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
They were bad to show Jason Kidd's wife and kid at every oppurtune time during the Nets 2002 and 2003 runs.
Probably for the exact same reason.
If you mistreat women like these two have done, Kidd and Bryant, you don't deserve to have your reprutation healed unless you can truly prove you're remorsed over it. Those two haven't as of yet.

I don't know how much more Bryant can do.  He seemed genuinely remorseful to me in his press conference.  Unless he's done a great job of hiding it, he hasn't repeated anything.  I have no problem with his showing affection to those adorable kids.  Scripted or not.  When my daughter was that age and every bit as adorable, she got kisses from daddy no matter where she was or who was watching.

This is really nitpicky.  He denies the rape.  I didn't believe him until the "victim" started the money grab.    He doesn't compare to Kidd...who is just a jerk.  From all accounts, Kobe made one big mistake.  He appears to far from an absentee father.  (You can't script his children's reaction when they saw him even if you think the scene was.)  He's there ad nauseum for the press.  He's very active in the LA community.  With the exception of the one mistake, he's the antithesis of the NBA player stereotype.

How many players on just our team do we immortalize who have children out of wedlock?  How many in the NBA have multiple children out of wedlock?

Get off the guy's back.  

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 05:48:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
They were bad to show Jason Kidd's wife and kid at every oppurtune time during the Nets 2002 and 2003 runs.
If you mistreat women like these two have done, Kidd and Bryant, you don't deserve to have your reprutation healed unless you can truly prove you're remorsed over it. Those two haven't as of yet.

I don't know how much more Bryant can do.  He seemed genuinely remorseful to me in his press conference.  Unless he's done a great job of hiding it, he hasn't repeated anything.  I have no problem with his showing affection to those adorable kids.  Scripted or not.  When my daughter was that age and every bit as adorable, she got kisses from daddy no matter where she was or who was watching.

This is really nitpicky.  He denies the rape.  I didn't believe him until the "victim" started the money grab.    He doesn't compare to Kidd...who is just a jerk.  From all accounts, Kobe made one big mistake.  He appears to far from an absentee father.  (You can't script his children's reaction when they saw him even if you think the scene was.)  He's there ad nauseum for the press.  He's very active in the LA community.  With the exception of the one mistake, he's the antithesis of the NBA player stereotype.

How many players on just our team do we immortalize who have children out of wedlock?  How many in the NBA have multiple children out of wedlock?

Get off the guy's back.  

[dang], this PR stuff is already converting people ;D

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 06:12:02 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285

Get off the guy's back.  

[dang], this PR stuff is already converting people ;D

;D ;D Great post

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 06:25:18 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I wanted to puke when I saw this. What a blatant PR move to try and rebuild a guys image. I find it insulting to be honost. How dumb does Stern think we are? >:(

This why the Celtics must close this thing out tomorrow night.  I'm so sick of them jamming Kobe down our throats.  We beat them and hopefully we won't have to hear another word about the scumbag!  They can start talking about the NBA champions...  Celtics.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
kobe goes from cheating on his wife with some teenage girl to strong family man..makes me want to barf

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
this is absurd. I was able to go to the Lakers/Jazz game 3 in Utah and sat right at the tunnel where the players go at half time. When Utah walked back to its locker room, the wives and kids were all there. Some players said hi, some just walked by. What made Kobe's unique is that he was interviewed and then followed by a camera. Let's criticize when it's warranted and not go after a guy's family for no reason...

Nobody is going after anyone's family here. We feel bad for Kobe's family.
They can't help the fact they are associated with him.
We are criticizing the NBA for trying to make someone look like something they are not.

I was responding to the post that said the family was "fair game" just felt like that was going too far and trying to express that what we saw is not abnormal for an NBA playoff game at half-time... Not sure the NBA had anything to do with where ABCs cameras were or what Kobe's family was doing - maybe we're reading too much into all the NBA conspiracy stuff - I just want the Celtics to win, I couldn't care less what the media says about Kobe or his family or anything else about the Lakers. I want # 17. Period.
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 06:51:48 PM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Wow, the whole Kobe thing with his wife and kids is a joke....... it's like Charles Barkley teaching young kids not to gamble..... or Mutombo getting carded ........ or Allen Iverson saying tattoos are bad....... or Gasol winning a tough guy contest........ or Big Baby being a spokesperson for weight watchers

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 06:52:17 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
this is absurd. I was able to go to the Lakers/Jazz game 3 in Utah and sat right at the tunnel where the players go at half time. When Utah walked back to its locker room, the wives and kids were all there. Some players said hi, some just walked by. What made Kobe's unique is that he was interviewed and then followed by a camera. Let's criticize when it's warranted and not go after a guy's family for no reason...

Nobody is going after anyone's family here. We feel bad for Kobe's family.
They can't help the fact they are associated with him.
We are criticizing the NBA for trying to make someone look like something they are not.

I was responding to the post that said the family was "fair game" just felt like that was going too far and trying to express that what we saw is not abnormal for an NBA playoff game at half-time... Not sure the NBA had anything to do with where ABCs cameras were or what Kobe's family was doing - maybe we're reading too much into all the NBA conspiracy stuff - I just want the Celtics to win, I couldn't care less what the media says about Kobe or his family or anything else about the Lakers. I want # 17. Period.

me too, TP for you

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

taking it too far imo. It's not like he bought her off.. it went to trial and she lost.

That's completely wrong.  It did *not* go to trial, and Kobe *did* pay her a monetary settlement (as well as gave an apology and stipulated that there was probable cause to charge him). 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 07:12:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
somewhere in colorado there is a white chick driving a lambo with the tag KB24.....