Author Topic: The official support Kevin Garnett thread . . .  (Read 8450 times)

The official support Kevin Garnett thread . . .
« on: June 16, 2008, 12:44:20 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Tough night for KG.  Seems more than half of Celtic fans blaming him for the loss and even a long-time Garnett fan like myself can't defend the free throws missed down the stretch.

I can't say I agree with the blaming solely KG for the loss but I will focus on hoping he comes out huge in a close out game.

Seems these support "(insert struggling players name here)" threads have worked wonders in the past so I'll give this one a try.

Come on KG - give us a vintage Kevin Garnett type performance in Game 6 and get the people celebrating in the streets.

Re: The official support Kevin Garnett thread . . .
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:50:21 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
That's right KG, this is the NBA Finals, you've probably been losing some sleep, but hey, that don't help, so get some sleep, someone (Brandi if you are reading this), put a sleep pill in KG's supper Monday night please.

KG, you can do it big fella, show the lakers (and especially Pau) what you are made off.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 12:50:38 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
TP for just starting this thread.  We are nowhere without him!  No need to blame the man.  I think his problem is he wants it TOO bad.  Can't knock him for that.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 12:52:26 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
TP for just starting this thread.  We are nowhere without him!  No need to blame the man.  I think his problem is he wants it TOO bad.  Can't knock him for that.

That is what I think too. I think that emotion gets in the way sometimes.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 12:53:09 AM »

Offline Riles335

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
T.P.

No way I can defend Garnett for missing the two free throws and missing the tip in down the stretch, but I thought for the majority of the game he played well. Despite being in foul trouble and having a hard time getting into the game, he shot over 50 percent, grabbed 14 rebounds, and had a couple of assists and steals.

I'll say it now, he will have a huge Game 6.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 12:58:04 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
i'm on board with the support KG thread. i hope he comes out huge on Tuesday and his wing man in Perk is back on the floor too...the guy has put his whole self into this team and he needs the breakout game that Pierce and Ray have already had in this series...

also it keeps things in perspective with Ray's daughter falling ill.

i would love for them to put it all together on Tuesday and get the win that they really deserve at this point.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 12:59:01 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
I'm sick of the ungrateful fans.  They did the same thing a few weeks back when Ray was struggling.  They forget where this team was before these guys came in and turned everything around.

KG had a rough game.  Perkins being injured is huge for the simple fact that KG is the only dominant defender inside against 2 players that have the ability to dominate offensively for the Lakers.

People forget the stretches during these playoffs where KG stepped up and hit big shots and even carried the team to a victory or two.

Quit the ganging up on a player and let's support them and hope they get this thing finished on Tuesday.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 01:04:51 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
T.P.

No way I can defend Garnett for missing the two free throws and missing the tip in down the stretch, but I thought for the majority of the game he played well. Despite being in foul trouble and having a hard time getting into the game, he shot over 50 percent, grabbed 14 rebounds, and had a couple of assists and steals.

I'll say it now, he will have a huge Game 6.

His defense was huge tonight with rebounds and steals, but his offense is definitely suffering, and I don't think there's a problem with discussing it. Really, to miss 3 out of 4 free-throws in the biggest game of your life is a bit absurd, and to have those little low-percentage taps instead of dunking the ball, or penetrating the paint and then kicking it out for another low-percentage shot, is making poor decisions.

KG's got to take his shot with more regularity, and he's got to be more aggressive offensively all the way around. I love the guy as much as anyone, and I'm so thankful that he's a Celtic, but his offensive game is lacking right now, and I'm sure he's more aware of the fact than anyone. Look for a huge game 6 performance from Ticket ... he's due!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 01:07:06 AM »

Offline joebianca

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I love how everyone automatically points to KG. NO ONE did ANYTHING offensively except for Pierce, so do two missed free throws alone really make it fair to pin all of the blame on KG?

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 01:12:08 AM »

Offline CelticsPrideKG

• Derrick White
I love how everyone automatically points to KG. NO ONE did ANYTHING offensively except for Pierce, so do two missed free throws alone really make it fair to pin all of the blame on KG?

For people looking to blame him it will make perfect sense.  I am so hopeful he can have a BIG game in the closeout so all of this nonsense will stop.

Unfortunately until he can shed that label for good - performances like tonight will be amplified by fans and the media.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »

Offline joebianca

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12

For people looking to blame him it will make perfect sense.  I am so hopeful he can have a BIG game in the closeout so all of this nonsense will stop.

Unfortunately until he can shed that label for good - performances like tonight will be amplified by fans and the media.

When he gets his ring, they can all kiss his ass. Talk to the diamonds..

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 01:15:06 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
KG, (in the post-game interview), just called his game tonight "Trash ... I played like garbage tonight, and I've got to do better!". Also, some idiot just asked him if the fact that they wheeled champagne into the building and then out again, effected his game ... incredibly stupid question.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 01:26:17 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I love what KG is doing on defense, that's not the problem.  It's his offense.  He can't get into rhythm with foul trouble, plus he's not knocking down his usual jumper and isn't getting to the line.  Freethrows are killing him too.

The perfect ending to these playoffs and these finals would be for KG to completely take over offensively.  He has yet to do it in these finals or really in the playoffs.  Think about it, Pierce has put his stamp on a few wins in these playoffs including game 1 and 4 of these finals.  Ray Allen has been very consistent throughout these finals.

Now it's KG's turn.

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 01:32:35 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
KG is just ducky!
Yup

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 01:54:43 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
KG close doesn't count. Give it your all in game 6, and also remind your teammate that this an opportunity of lifetime "Being Close Doesn't Count". You've never dissapointed us Go KG!
Lets Go C's