Author Topic: Great piece by Jackie MacMullon on Doc and his father  (Read 1878 times)

Great piece by Jackie MacMullon on Doc and his father
« on: June 14, 2008, 09:24:51 PM »

Offline joeb

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
What a piece! I've always enjoyed reading Jackie's columns, but this one touches you deep with Father's Day tomorrow - especially for all those that have lost their dads.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=macmullan_jackie&page=MacMullan-080614

Go Celtics!!

Re: Great piece by Jackie MacMullon on Doc and his father
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 09:51:24 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
What a piece! I've always enjoyed reading Jackie's columns, but this one touches you deep with Father's Day tomorrow - especially for all those that have lost their dads.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=macmullan_jackie&page=MacMullan-080614

Go Celtics!!

You know....I totally recognize Doc's limitations as a coach (or what I suspect them to be anyway) but I've always thought he got a bad rap in the media/from fans. I remember having a number of arguments with those who thought he had nothing to do with Al Jefferson's development as a player (not that I want to open that up).

My point - assuming we win this thing in the next few days, I'm feeling pretty good not just for PP, KG and RA but for Doc, who feels part of the family, the same way Pedro Martinez did, the same way Derek Lowe did, the same way Paul Pierce does, etc. He's one of our guys and given how much he has achieved this year, loaded arsenal or not, I'm going to enjoy watching HIM celebrate as much as anyone else.

FG/.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
A lot of people talked about winning it for Doc on Father's Day, but I just heard on WEEI that today would actually have been Doc's Father's birthday.  So since the C's were not able to give Doc's dad the perfect father's day present, maybe they can give him a birthday present instead.

Do the stories from this series ever end?

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 02:54:58 PM »

Offline Raindog

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
That’s a great article but God willing the stories end tonight, with #17.