Author Topic: Shock of the day, Jemele Hill hates the Celtics.  (Read 32071 times)

Re: Shock of the day, Jemele Hill hates the Celtics.
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2008, 01:16:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If you want racial humor and it doesn't offend you, go to a comedy club. But racial humor in print does not translate and is usually tactless, tasteless and offending.

If she wants to write an article explaining how much she hates the Celtics because of her Detroit roots, there is no need to bring race into it.

Talk about Bird stealing the ball. Talk about Vinnie Johnson with an icepack on his head. Talk about Parish and Bird clocking Laimbeer. Talk about the perceive obnoxiousness of Johnny Most outside of Boston. Talk about the arroganceof Red Auerbach.

If race was a factor in her mind for hating the Celtics because she had or has racially prejudiced views, keep them in your head Jemele. There's just no need to prove how much of a racist ass you are by putting those views into an "I Hate the Celtics" article as humor or statement of why others hate the Celtics.

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2008, 01:27:32 PM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I just don't take her seriously anymore.  She's a complete joke.  She has no writing ability, no knowledge of sports, her jokes SUCK, and she tries to make everything into a racial issue.  Boston is racist because we had Larry Bird (best forward ever and a top 5 NBA player of all time), Bill Walton (a great center before he got hurt and still a good role player when he was on the C's), Kevin McHale (a top 5 power forward of all time), and Danny Ainge (a very good starter)?  If her beloved Pistons had had those guys on her team, she wouldn't have had a problem with it.  Having great white players does not make a team or a city racist.  Jemele Hill has no business calling the Celtics racist when Isiah and Rodman said that Larry Bird was overrated because he was white.

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2008, 01:46:03 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
It's hard for Hill not to bring race into anything when a person needs an Ebonics interpreter to decipher what comes out of her mouth.  The only reason she and Smith draw a paycheck from ESPN is as obvious as their blatant stupidity.

What a complete embarassment to ESPN to have this barely literate idiot weighing in on anything.  As Mark Jackson the broadcaster must somehow in ABC/ESPN's eyes cater to the token 14 and under group with his cliche'ish euphomisms, Hill and Smith must cater to that token illiterate idiot viewer.

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2008, 01:57:58 PM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
I cant believe this article with its heading was allowed on ESPN.com during this time.
i dont know how this lady was hired in the first place, she is supposed to analyse games, and be as neutral as possible on a website that is viewd everywhere in the world. if she wants to show her appreciation for the pistons, then she should work for a local detroit newspaper.

why ruin people's views of the celtics when we are a game away from winning a championship, just a bitter detroit fan wanting to spoil things cuz her team was beaten

« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2008, 02:08:47 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
i dont know how this lady was hired in the first place,

You don't?  Really?

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2008, 03:56:15 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Did anybody happen to copy the origial article that was posted last night by any chance?

I read the original but never bothered to copy it or anything. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2008, 04:12:46 PM »

Offline celticsmaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 0
Leave her alone. She's a very good writer and she admitted that her hatred of the C's was based on an irritional, personal bias. Would any of you hate on Bill Simmons for writing a similar type of article regarding the Yankees?

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
Leave her alone. She's a very good writer and she admitted that her hatred of the C's was based on an irritional, personal bias. Would any of you hate on Bill Simmons for writing a similar type of article regarding the Yankees?

If Simmons were to compare Steinbrenner or Derek Jeter to Adolf Hitler? Yes, I would hate on him.

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2008, 04:36:13 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Leave her alone. She's a very good writer and she admitted that her hatred of the C's was based on an irritional, personal bias

That bias being in part race-based.  When you hate a team or a city based upon its ethnic makeup, that's called "prejudice" or "bigotry".

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

If Simmons were to compare Steinbrenner or Derek Jeter to Adolf Hitler? Yes, I would hate on him.

First of all, Simmons isn't brain-dead and wouldn't write something remotely resembling anything that comes from Hill.

A very good writer??  ;D :D ;D  I suppose you think Stephen Smith has a keen knowledge of the NBA game as well.  Comparing Hill's writings to Simmons' is like comparing Smith's knowledge of basketball to Bob Knight's.  

Irrational is the only Celticsblog-allowable word that comes to mind to describe Hill's "writings".  She needs a spell checker to spell it.

Leave her alone. She's a very good writer and she admitted that her hatred of the C's was based on an irritional, personal bias

That bias being in part race-based.  When you hate a team or a city based upon its ethnic makeup, that's called "prejudice" or "bigotry".

Good post, Coach Hobbs.  Those are two words that neither Smith nor Hill would have any trouble spelling.

« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2008, 05:26:21 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings

She's actually not. Her writing is borderline racist and is weighed down by the plethora of garbage she spews. There are more qualified writers who deserve her job.

She writes stuff when she doesn't have to, which is why she comes off as a complete hack. The Kobe/Jordan article, the Tom Brady/Matt Leinart illegitimate children article, and this latest piece of junk were all completely unnecessary. Instead of writing insightful, fact-oriented works, she rushes her gossip laden, contradictory, and hate-filled rubbish to publication. She's an embarrassment as a journalist.

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2008, 05:36:40 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
She's a very good writer.

Out of pure curiosity, what led you to that assessment?

I'll have to admit that I align rather closely with the Hobbses and Finkelskyhooks of the world on this one...but I'd be interested to hear your point on this....unless the goal was simply to incite more fury from the board, in which case you've succeeded...

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2008, 05:49:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I've hated Jemima Hill since that moron wrote an article about how much better Kobe was than Jordan.  She's an idiot and I don't understand why she has a job.

With that said... I listened Simmons' podcast a while back with Hill and she just came off as a huge Piston fan.  She use to be a beat writer for the Pistons or something, right?  She had a lot of love for Sheed.  She just came across as a female Sheed fan with no basketball knowledge who happened to get a job writing for ESPN.

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2008, 05:57:25 PM »

Offline westupcali

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I just don't take her seriously anymore.  She's a complete joke.  She has no writing ability, no knowledge of sports, her jokes SUCK, and she tries to make everything into a racial issue.  Boston is racist because we had Larry Bird (best forward ever and a top 5 NBA player of all time), Bill Walton (a great center before he got hurt and still a good role player when he was on the C's), Kevin McHale (a top 5 power forward of all time), and Danny Ainge (a very good starter)?  If her beloved Pistons had had those guys on her team, she wouldn't have had a problem with it.  Having great white players does not make a team or a city racist.  Jemele Hill has no business calling the Celtics racist when Isiah and Rodman said that Larry Bird was overrated because he was white.

Wait a minute, some one correct me if I am wrong but wasn't coach Red Aurabach the first coach to integrate black players into the NBA, via Boston Celtics.

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2008, 06:00:20 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
ESPN deleted the section of the article when she compared rooting for the celtics to saying hitler was a victim. When people read her article tomorrow or whenever, they wont know that she ever made the comparisson... luckly celticsblog exposed ESPN and Hill before they did this.

I love how Hill can scream racism in every article but at the same time be just as ignorant as a racist.

Wow.   What an idiot