Author Topic: According to Laker fans, ESPN is Pro Celtic  (Read 7320 times)

Re: According to Laker fans, ESPN is Pro Celtic
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 04:21:56 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
ESPN Expert Picks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs ):

Abbott: Lakers in 5
Adande: Lakers in 6
Broussard: Lakers in 7
Ford: Lakers in 6
Hollinger: Lakers in 6

Legler: Boston in 7
Rose: Lakers in 7
Sheridan: Lakers in 6
Stein: Lakers in 5
Thorpe: Lakers in 6

I guess according to Lakers fans ESPN is pro-Celtic because of that fool Legler!

They must be focusing on the post game 4 coverage, which was all about the Celtics. Imagine how they will complain about the coverage when the Celtics win the championship.

People don't want to read about losers. Fans of losers don't even want to read articles after the big loss.

Well, if they prefer, instead of talking about the Celtics epic comeback the pundits could talk about the Lakers epic meltdown.... but somehow I don't think that would pacify nor please any Lakers fans.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2008, 04:23:32 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
The problem isn't ESPN. The problem is the whining fans themselves.

There are fans who are so sensitive and seem to have such an inferiority complex, that they whine about ever sentence Breen utters and take affront, claiming he hates the Celtics.

Very laughable, but very human.

What do you mean?
That Celtics fans are cry babies?  ???
Not all of us Celtics fans whine about innocuous commentator comments as being attacks on the Celtics. It is only a minority, but a minority that every team has.

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2008, 04:47:03 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

There are fans who are so sensitive and seem to have such an inferiority complex, that they whine about ever sentence Breen utters and take affront, claiming he hates the Celtics.

What do you mean?
Not all of us Celtics fans whine about innocuous commentator comments as being attacks on the Celtics. It is only a minority, but a minority that every team has.

So, you want to tell me that you didnīt laugh at Mark Jackson during these finals? Even JVG made fun of him for his obvious bias towards everything Kobe.

I canīt find it right now, but I recently saw a clip on youtube where Mark Jackson and Scottie Pippen talked after Kobeīs 81 game, and Jackson said "Kobe will be greater than MJ" and Pippen responded with "and will be done in March". Jackson ticked out and literally told Pippen to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

Here in Germany, we have objective commentators. I know how an objective commentary has to look like. If the people think you have a hidden agenda, you lose your job. This is as far from objective as possible, imo. Half of the guys on ESPN and ABC would never get a job as a commentator or Journalist here.

I understand if you have a problem with cry babies, but to neglect the fact how biased the media has been prior to the finals, I have to wonder if we have seen the same coverage.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 05:05:32 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

What do you mean?

So, you want to tell me that you didnīt laugh at Mark Jackson during these finals? Even JVG made fun of him for his obvious bias towards everything Kobe.

I canīt find it right now, but I recently saw a clip on youtube where Mark Jackson and Scottie Pippen talked after Kobeīs 81 game, and Jackson said "Kobe will be greater than MJ" and Pippen responded with "and will be done in March". Jackson ticked out and literally told Pippen to Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline..

Here in Germany, we have objective commentators. I know how an objective commentary has to look like. If the people think you have a hidden agenda, you lose your job. This is as far from objective as possible, imo. Half of the guys on ESPN and ABC would never get a job as a commentator or Journalist here.

I understand if you have a problem with cry babies, but to neglect the fact how biased the media has been prior to the finals, I have to wonder if we have seen the same coverage.
It's clear there has been a lot of Kobe love. It is also clear that there are a few fans who whine at every sentence Breen makes, regardless of the actual content. There are fans who take personal offense when announcers acknowledge a good shot by our opponent. It gets silly.

The bottom line is the press over-valued our problems against Atl and Clev, which is a reasonable thing to do.

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 05:08:37 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Wonder if there has been any debate on world roundness in their forums.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591

What do you mean?

It's clear there has been a lot of Kobe love. It is also clear that there are a few fans who whine at every sentence Breen makes, regardless of the actual content. There are fans who take personal offense when announcers acknowledge a good shot by our opponent. It gets silly.

The bottom line is the press over-valued our problems against Atl and Clev, which is a reasonable thing to do.

It's not "whining" when you call out an obvious homer in the media. Did you watch game 3, I did and it sounded like Breen was going to fill his pants when LA made those last few shots. You could sense the excitement he had in his voice as the Lakers put us away.

Don't sit their and try to act high and mighty because you are oblivious to whats going on around you.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Wonder if there has been any debate on world roundness in their forums.

-sw

Nope, no need. Everything outside LALA Land has no importance to them.

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 05:51:26 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

I can agree with that, but you have to see the context.

There was no crying about the commentary when we played Detroit. Itīs a Celtics finals as much as it is a Lakers finals, and some of the statements Iīve read over the last week have been ridiculous, thereīs no other word for this.

The thing is, the Lakers were some of the biggest cry babies Iīve witnessed in all of sports, and it wasnīt just the fans. Pierce fakes an injury? The rims? The officials and Stern hate the Lakers? The ESPN coverage after game 1 was horrible, to the point where 60 percent of the voters in a poll voted for "Pierce faked his injury", although it was obvious for everyone to see that Perkins fell on him.

So if this bunch of cry babies comes out and tries to twist the Truth in their favour(again), I feel insulted. Did this happen on Celticsblog after game 3? I could care less what this moron Breen has to say, this is more a question of being a stand-up or being a weasel, so if Celtics fans argue that the coverage has been mostly pro-Lakers, I can understand their line of thinking.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.