Author Topic: would you bring back house , pj brown and offer posey something better??  (Read 30623 times)

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Must keep Posey. Please keep House. I'd be fine with one more year of PJ if he wanted to. No way they bring Sam back, that has just turned out awful. I don't know how you can think of letting Baby go, great value with him. Same with Powe. Scal isn't going anywhere, sadly. I wouldn't mind having Pollard back actually, I think he is good for the team. Tony I could take or leave, but I like the guy so I hope they can work things out.

I find it interesting that nobody thinks that a player Danny Ainge picks in the first round can help the team next year. I wouldn't put it past him.

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
Posey absolutely! House, if the $ is right. PJ? He's retiring if they win the series. What's Pollard's contract like? If he's close to retiring, make him an assistant, he was awesome on the bench last night. Doesn't Cassell want to coach as well? Still trying to come down from the high of this game, un****gbelievable!
Now, on to 18...

Offline carlherrera

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
PJ, PLEASE retire, I beg you...
If you look at the numbers, which some of us don't always seem to do, you'll find that PJ has been the worst Celtic in the first four games of the Finals (PAWS or position adjusted win score is the worst at -11.4), Powe is third best by the way at +3.5. There are all sorts of myths that PJ has provided a veteran presence and steady defense, but the truth is we're winning in spite of him like was mentioned earlier in this thread.

If PJ is such a great mentor and leader then we should bring him as an assistant coach next year to help develop Big Baby and Powe.

James Posey is the man. Please bring him back next year...

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I honestly don't see PJ Brown coming back next year. He only played 18 games this year after joining the team late in the season. I don't see a guy his age going through training camp and playing a full season. PJ will most likely retire.

I could see him signing late in the season if we have an injury to a big though.

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
"I do agree with both of you about Posey being the type who will sacrifice some money to play on both or either: (1) A contender (2) A team he enjoys. Which is great news for the Celtics hopes of hanging on to him but I'm not sure that's enough to stop him from opting out. He's 31 years old, his next contract is likely to be his last. Getting guarenteed money and years on the table is very valuable to players in his position."

I agree completely that posey wants to play for a team he likes but also it could be his last contract.

The big three are here for another good three years(well unless ray allen isn't resigned nor is pierce in his last year). I see at least pierce playing till like 37, he will prob retire as a celtic no doubt

so when we win this year and posey knows we could win another two he is probably gonna stay for the ride

its up to danny to be smart and a little generous and give posey what he deserves. So i say 3 years 12 million is a dayam good deal for such a player. OMG scals money is killing us, with his cash we could do alot like keep posey and house

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
Yeah, Scal is just brutal.

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
If you truly feel that Scal is "brutal" then you might want to take a closer look. Sure he is one of the low men on the totem pole of a championship team, however he is a solid 9-10th player on most teams in the NBA. He plays very good team defense, he does a good job defending a big on the perimeter, he works hard to set picks and keep the offense flowing, and he is a career 35% three point shooter and 78% FT shooter. He averages about 7 boards per 48 even though people give him a hard time about not rebounding. Considering he spends much of the offensive possessions in the corner waiting for a kickout three once the shot has gone up, he isn't going to get many offensive boards which limits this total. He is 100% a team guy and never complains about his playing time.

Once again, if you can't appreciate a player like that's value to the team then you might want to actually watch the guy and not just regurgitate what the Scal haters continually throw out there. He's not a GREAT player by any stretch, but he is a SOLID bench player on most of the teams out there. I for one am glad he's on this team and appreciate what he brings to the table.

Offline Last Train

• Payton Pritchard
We were talking contracts here, not playing skill or personality.

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 730
Must keep Posey. Please keep House. I'd be fine with one more year of PJ if he wanted to. No way they bring Sam back, that has just turned out awful. I don't know how you can think of letting Baby go, great value with him. Same with Powe. Scal isn't going anywhere, sadly. I wouldn't mind having Pollard back actually, I think he is good for the team. Tony I could take or leave, but I like the guy so I hope they can work things out.

I find it interesting that nobody thinks that a player Danny Ainge picks in the first round can help the team next year. I wouldn't put it past him.

My thoughts exactly. Must keep House & Posey - top priorities.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Posey is a definite priority, and a guy that values his place on this team, (to an extent), and every effort should be made to retain him. Eddie House is the same kind of guy, and I love his energy and commitment ... so keeping him is a priority, too. The expendable guys for me are Pollard, PJ, Tony, and Sam, (possibly Scal, depending on trade value, etc.), but no one else. Gotta keep the starting five, Posey, Big Baby, House, Powe, and Pruitt ... and build around that core.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 04:10:58 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Keep Powe, Posey (4 mil ish is worth it), House (to an extent, but I would really like Pargo), Big Baby (not big on him, but for his value at his price), Pruitt, and T. Allen for his defense (doubt anyone wants him).

Bye to: Pollard, Sam (I wanted him to come badly, now I always hope he doesn't enter the game... guess his double-digit average on the Clips was overestimated by myself)

PJ's obviously gone, the guy wants to go home and rest, assuming we win a title. I think he's provided a presence, that's not attributed by stat sheets.

I want us to sign Matt Barnes (GS) and Pargo. Oh yeah, and draft a big in the draft. Do we have a 2nd round pick this year?

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
PJ, PLEASE retire, I beg you...
If you look at the numbers, which some of us don't always seem to do, you'll find that PJ has been the worst Celtic in the first four games of the Finals (PAWS or position adjusted win score is the worst at -11.4), Powe is third best by the way at +3.5. There are all sorts of myths that PJ has provided a veteran presence and steady defense, but the truth is we're winning in spite of him like was mentioned earlier in this thread.

If PJ is such a great mentor and leader then we should bring him as an assistant coach next year to help develop Big Baby and Powe.

James Posey is the man. Please bring him back next year...

well heres someone who obviously hasnt been watching the finals at all. perkins has been largely ineffective and now injured for pretty much every game thus far. all pj brown has done is come in give effective minutes, grab timely boards and help sustain the physical defense. has even hit a couple of jumpers in critical times. had that great dunk in traffic in the last game as part of the comeback. pj has contributed in ways that have gone WELL beyond the stat sheets. you gotta be kidding me with "win share" stats in the FINALS. thats a joke.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
we need to draft poseys replacement(best available wing @ #30) and try to convince him to play thru his option at least. im a huge eddie house fan and want him back for all the reasons already said and more. just cant say enough about the class and professionalism hes showed here in the playoffs when doc as said earlier pretty much shafted him for no real reason. while sam bickered about minutes, eddie kept his mouth shut and preached "staying ready, so when you ARE finally called on you dont have to GET ready". pj we let retire into the sunset with his ring and find a new vet big man for next season.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Then you wouldn't have said "Scal is just brutal". You would have said Scal's contract is brutal. Quite honestly, an big man with that skill set at 3 mil per is also not that big of a deal. With the way he was playing for NJ, it was not an unreasonable amount. Due to the fact we don't use him it is a lot of money, but not "brutal" by any stretch. Mark Blount's contract was brutal...                     

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Then you wouldn't have said "Scal is just brutal". You would have said Scal's contract is brutal. Quite honestly, an big man with that skill set at 3 mil per is also not that big of a deal. With the way he was playing for NJ, it was not an unreasonable amount. Due to the fact we don't use him it is a lot of money, but not "brutal" by any stretch. Mark Blount's contract was brutal...                     
Similar deal signed by a similar player in Matt Bonner who plays a similar role for the mighty Spurs and was signed by the brilliant Spurs Front Office.