Author Topic: would you bring back house , pj brown and offer posey something better??  (Read 30654 times)

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
Just mainly because of last nights game would you??

Posey is coming back next year taking the player option(i seriously want to believe, he only wants to play for contenders till the end). I think boston would be smarter to actually to tell posey not to take the option and offer him a 3 year 12 million dollar contract(4 million per year) cuz he is such a vital player off the bench. I also didn't know he had the offense in him last nite(carried us offensively during a time nobody wanted to take charge).

how about pj brown?? the guy has been nothing less of a tough sob. He and leon powe both tough customers did an amazing job on the lakers when kg was sitting down for a bit in the second half. He is 38 but is in great shape. I dunno if he really wants to play another year after (he finally gets his ring) but maybe we could sign him to a scott pollard deal which is, 1.5 million to ride the bench on the injured list, keep healthy, and in the last month of the regular season come play for us haha.

Lastly as for eddie house, yeah the guy has problems bringing the ball up the court sometimes and against certain players(i'm sure he has nightmares about lindsey hunter guarding him) but the guy is pure energy, positive influence and a wicked team guy. Also of course a really good shooter and can score alot of points in a hurry. His defense has come along alot this year also.

Though i know he is not the best pg backup, he gels with our team well, provides our team a different dimensions at the pg then rondo and is a good guy. I think for 1.8 to 2 million per year he would stay with us another year

I say we really shouldn't mess up the chemistry we got right now for next year. Cassell, pollard see you later. we get a decent draft pick, develop powe, davis, pruitt more etc but the same core guys stay

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Definitely Posey...but I am afraid he want more $ then we can give..we will see on that front..

PJ would be a great addition, but I believe when we win the title, he will ride into the sunset a champion..I hope not though. If not, Powe should be one year more developed and valuable to us where we might not miss a PJ come next years championship run to number 18

I too, like the energy House brings to our team..if Sam I am says bye bye, maybe House can be convinced of more playing time but if Sam I am returns, I do not believe we have a chance at bringing House back..and no, I would not bet the house on it.

One thing I do know is that Danny Boy will be able to find the right replacements if we do lose some of these players and I would also imagine that even more really good players might be willing to take less for a chance at a ring.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I would definately lock up Posey with whatever it takes, guys like him don't come by too often. I would offer House a reasonable deal, but not break the bank on him. I like PJ, he has been great, but I just don't see him having much left in the tank after this run. Let him go off with a ring.

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
house and pose in a heartbeat. hopefully we'll let pj get his ring then go elsewhere, he'd struggle for a full season. sam i'm undecided about.

Offline cmoney

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
Posey and Eddie: yes.

Sam:  I liked the idea, just didn't work out.  He'll likely be looking to sign elsewhere this offseason.  Denver could dangle some dollars, as could San Antonio.

PJ:  Not a chance in hell.  We're winning in spite of this guy, not because of him.  We're deep with big men time and never needed him to begin with.  Time to let Powe shine and give Davis more of a role, too.

Plus I'm fairly sure he'll retire for good anyway.  Especially if we win.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I expect PJ Brown will retire at the end of the season. If he wanted to come back I'd be happy with that.

I'd be very happy retaining Posey and House. If the C's do have to spend their MLE on Posey than House would be the frontrunner for that next salary bracket. Otherwise Pargo and Duhon are of interest but I'd include Eddie as a legit option in a group of three anyway. Pargo would probably be my favourite of  the three guards.

As for Cassell, no I would not offer him another contract. I want Pruitt to be the third string point guard next season. Tony Allen is a player I'd like to hang onto dependant on what the financial offer needs to be.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why should Posey opt out? Can't we just extend him for another 2 seasons?

At this point I firmly believe House should be resigned. The guy was great for us all season, bit the bullet when the playoffs started and didn't say a word, even though his replacement, Sam Cassell, played like a bum most of the time. Then he comes back in a crucial Game 4 of the finals and looks like he never missed a beat.

The guy is an absolute pro, and has stated previously that he'd like to stay in Boston. He's an instant dead-eye shooter off the bench, an underrated defender, and an aggressive rebounder for his size (close to 4.5 per 40 mins during the regular season).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
Untouchables: James Posey, Leon Powe, Gabe Pruitt
Would like to keep: Eddie House, Big Baby
Can afford to lose: Tony Allen, PJ Brown
Charles River Dumping: Sam Cassell, Brian Scalabrine, Scot Pollard

I know we have some of them under contract but that's how I would approach the bench if they all were free agents.  Gabe Pruitt looks to develop into a great point guard, I would love to have him split time with Eddie behind Rondo.  Wicked cheap too.

Tony Allen is our poor man's Raja Bell, someone we can use to contain opposing superstars but his turnovers just kills him.  PJ is getting older but he is a great veteran presence.  If we can keep him for next year for a good value, great but if not, I hope Leon can make us forget about him.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Posey could likely make more money on the FA market this season. At least he could earn more guarenteed money on a longer contract.

I don't think it's a done deal that he opts out but I do think it's likely he does opt out.

Offline cmoney

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
I was actually very impressed with Tony's D in that 2 and a half minute run.  I paid special attention to him during my second viewing.

He's the kind of player I really love, yet has frustrated so much that I've often said we have to let him go.  Now I'm really not sure.  He's got like zero value on the open market.  Might make sense to sign him cheap.

As for Scal, he ain't going nowhere.  lol 5 year contract.  Not one of Danny's better moves.

Offline Cry Baby

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 3
Although the chemistry is already there, the Celtics still needs to improve its roster as other teams are poised to improve this off season... Andrew Bynum will be activated, and we still haven't seen the capabilities of Greg Oden... The Magic will be stronger for sure, and who knows what other blockbuster trades will come... The C's could use another talented big man... I can live without Cassell, Brown, Pollard, Scalabrine, or even Tony Allen... Posey and House is a must sign...  8) 

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Please DA do all you can to keep Posey and House.  They are big time scorers and they are invaluable to team chemistry.  I have a feeling that this team won't settle for 1.  I'm jinxing next year.  C's NBA Champions 2009.

Bye Bye Sam and PJ will retire.
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
Posey could likely make more money on the FA market this season. At least he could earn more guarenteed money on a longer contract.

I don't think it's a done deal that he opts out but I do think it's likely he does opt out.

yeah he instantly makes any team he moves into that much better on defense. He plays unreal individual and team defense

I think you will see alot of teams trying to get him using their max MLE for like 4 years.

Problem is that most team with alot of cap room are not contenders nor do they have a system to become one . so posey could get very frustrated with that. So that leaves him to sign with teams like detroit, cavs, spurs. I dunno i really think posey likes this team (even better than when he was with miami). He knows he is going to be the first one off the bench, he knows he will get easily 20 mins a game and he gels well with our guys. That being said when money and supporting the family becomes involved its really difficult to say (look at carlos boozer, looked like him and kobe were best buddies ready to win it all and suddenly jets to utah).

I wouldn't be suprised if posey left(i wouldn't have hard feelings towards him, in a way danny got him for dirt cheap this year for what he gives you as a player). Maybe its really time for danny to step up and give posey a fair deal. Yeah we got lots of money to give to the big three but posey shouldn't be given lower than 4 million per year for less than three year deal type of deal

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
House and Posey.
Will the Cs have enough for Posey, though?  I will be a happy man if he doesn't opt out, but that is just wishful thinking.
The question is where they will find a backup C for little money, who buys into Ubuntu (PJ will retire).
Celtics fan for life.

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
House and Posey.
Will the Cs have enough for Posey, though?  I will be a happy man if he doesn't opt out, but that is just wishful thinking.
The question is where they will find a backup C for little money, who buys into Ubuntu (PJ will retire).

because of last nites game and house is more likely to stay as our backup, you can be certain danny will aim to fill in the pj brown vacancy with via draft

lots of capable pf/c with some height on the board when we are ready to pick.