Author Topic: Favourite place to watch the Finals  (Read 3907 times)

Favourite place to watch the Finals
« on: June 13, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »

Offline DutchHoops

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
To me there's no point in watching a game if its not live. For the playoffs/finals in Europe that means getting up at 3am, (or 4am flippin thru first 3 quarters without the time-outs) and as a result not an option to go see it in a sports bar :(
For that is my fave place to watch big matches, like tonight's soccer when Holland takes on France in the Euro championsship. When i lived in Amsterdam, www.thetara.com Tara's was my favourite hangout, a great Irish bar, with lots of ex-pats from the UK with always a game to watch with great and intense atmosphere.
Having been in Boston for no more than 2 hours in my life, i never had a chance to catch a C's game, not even in a bar, but having visited a few Irish pubs in NY, not sure if that was a missed chance or a blessing.

In short, i've been watching the C's playoff games at home, most of the first 3 rounds not even on tv but internetradio only, trying my hardest NOT to wake the wife or the neighbours, certainly not my favourite location.

So just wondering how many Celticsbloggers actually watched the LA games in a bar, or the Garden or whichever is your fave?

Re: Favourite place to watch the Finals
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:07:11 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
On the couch at home.

I wish I could attend the games, but can't afford it. No Celtic friendly bars around (I live in the Bay Area, CA).

Couch is comfy, bathroom breaks and fridge runs are easy, and I am a sore loser (according to my wife), so best for me to keep my ranting and raving within the four walls of the living room.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:53:27 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Any suggestions of places on the Cape?  A couple of my friends sometimes go to JD Wings because they serve nice wings, beers, and kids under 21 can go.  I hear it got pretty packed.  However, with the whole 1-3am curfew in the Yarmouth/Hyannis region, I get scared if the game goes into overtime.

Anyway, any bars/places to go watch the game in the Dennis-Hyannis region of the Cape?
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 06:48:17 PM »

Offline DutchHoops

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
On the couch at home.

I wish I could attend the games, but can't afford it. No Celtic friendly bars around (I live in the Bay Area, CA).

Couch is comfy, bathroom breaks and fridge runs are easy, and I am a sore loser (according to my wife), so best for me to keep my ranting and raving within the four walls of the living room.

;D i hear ya on the bathroom breaks and fridge runs. Makes you wonder why you should ever leave the house again (but for to thrash LA in theirs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 06:55:04 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
NBA basketball is not real big where I live, so I watch in my tv room. 40 inches of HD tv is all I need. Plus, I love chatting in the game threads.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 07:12:37 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I go bennigans
or
CDI (International sport center), a social club with a good bar and big tvs

Great drinks
Good company
a LOT of fun

If nobody wants to go, i stay at home with my wife and chat on the blogs chat

Great drinks
Good company
a LOT of fun

;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 06:16:22 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
This new tavern opened up named Larry Buds.....

Went there for game 4 and found my lucky TV 1/2 way through the 2nd qtr.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 06:18:37 PM »

Offline larry_nerd

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
on my couch naked, with beer, lots of beer.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 06:23:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well for home games, I watch them at the Garden (is it 9 yet???), but for the away games, I prefer to watch them at home.  Although the atmosphere can be fun at bars, I ussually find myself getting frustrated.  Generally at bars for games like this about 60% of the people there are either making stupid comments, because they don't really follow basketball (I'm not judging them...but they can ruin my fun if I am around them), or they are simply not paying attention, and talking loudly with their friends, and distracting me. 

Not to mention, now that I have Tivo, I find it almost unbearable to watch sports on TV without being able to rewind it.

Oh yeah, and the beer is cheaper at home!

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I've got to seek out a better TV tonight.  The score is getting hard to read on the one at home
Yup