Author Topic: The Problem with Lakers Fans Is..........  (Read 10651 times)

The Problem with Lakers Fans Is..........
« on: June 13, 2008, 02:23:38 AM »

Offline BirdNerd

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
They are delusional.   

I was born in Brockton, grew up in New England, temporarily living in Southern California.   Like many New Englanders, I'm a rugged individualist.  Life in the Northeast is just a little bit harder.   Folks in SoCal and Angelenos in particular feel like they are the center of the universe.   The have absolutely no appreciation of anything outside of this strange SoCal bubble.   Most Anglenos have little appreciation of anything besides THEMSELVES.   

And this carries over to their sports fans, particularly, their beloved Lakers.    Look, as fans, we are all biased.   But LA fans have no ability to view other teams or their team objectively.   Only real hoop heads knew how good Al Jefferson was.    The sports media out here feel it was an inside job that we between Danny and Kevin that helped us land KG.  They try to make comparisons between the Pau and KG trade.    There is none. 

Their sports media perpetuates this elitist thinking without analyzing the facts.    Coming into this series, the Cs were battle tested, have all the necessary weapons, roll players, better D, and were not given a shot.   

Lets end this......

Re: The Problem with Lakers Fans Is..........
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:30:10 AM »

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
I live in California and yes Laker fans are delusional. I've been a Celtics fan ever since I could remember despite living in California all my life.

Its different to be Celtic Fan, I can't explain it, its just been part of my life. I've stuck with them through thick and thin.

Celtic Pride!!
Hello World

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:44 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
When this started I picked Celtics in 5 and thought there was noway the Lakers could beat us. Everything I read said Lakers in 6. I couldn't see it then and can't see it now. Just look at the matchups...

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 03:09:59 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I personally think it is a huge character flaw to actually like Kobe Bryant.  He is just not a good human and you shouldn't want him to succeed.    That is a problem with Lakers fans.  Then again, some of them are hating pretty hard on Kobe right now, they might not be fans of his for much longer.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:25:55 AM »

Offline I Am A Boston Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
As a Boston Celtic we all feel we have a "Rich" tradition behind us. A legacy left behind by guys like Russell, Cousy, Bird ect.

The Lakers don't seem to have that same "Rich" tradition that we have.

It means something "More" to be a Boston Celtic, we were never about "Showtime" we just always got the job done in our own way, but we still, at times, made basketball seem so simple, like it was a clinic the Celtics were running and the oppisition were the witches hats.

We made our own "Showtime" and once again, as this year has proved, we took so many teams on a basketball clinic and in game 4 once again we showed what it means to "NEVER" give up, the whole team been lead by Paul Pierce created history that'll never be forgotten and once we hang that 17th banner, it'll be great knowing that one day number "34" we be retired along with the former greats of Celtic history.

The Green for 17

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 03:47:24 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
When this started I picked Celtics in 5 and thought there was noway the Lakers could beat us. Everything I read said Lakers in 6. I couldn't see it then and can't see it now. Just look at the matchups...

I thought it would be boston in 6. But I think we just ripped their hearts out and shoved it down their throats.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 04:07:10 AM »

Offline bigbabyjesus

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Excuses.  Game 1 was "just missing bunnies."  Game 2 was officiating.  However; there is no excuse for this historical game 5 Laker loss. 

Laker's fan's will have to face the music after this loss.   The next win will be tough, but we can do it.  LETS DO THIS!

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 04:25:00 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The problem with Laker fans is they're forced to support an inferior team ... what bigger problem could there be for a fan than that?!?  ???
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 05:35:35 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
The Problem with Lakers Fans is.....

they are good at trash talking US during the first 24 minutes of the game.

start of the 3rd and it seems like they were inside the library. Worst, they can't support their team till the very end.

Woopss, Jack Nicholson.. the actor of Anger Management should teach "anger management" to kobe and other LA lakers fans.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 06:28:21 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
....they often forget to flush
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 06:38:52 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
If the forum blue and gold is any indication, Lakers fans are a pretty decent bunch.  Despite losing a heartbreaking game and having to put up with a few celebratory Celtics fans, they (for the most part) are still posting pretty rationally.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 06:57:33 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I personally think it is a huge character flaw to actually like Kobe Bryant.  He is just not a good human and you shouldn't want him to succeed.    That is a problem with Lakers fans.

I agree 100%, TP for you. I have some friends who go for lakers (and some because of kobe, some because of the city), la is more about the glamour, the hype, rather than substance. One of my friend even said how cool's kobe, he (did allegedly did something to someone*), of course he's not being totally serious. But they are shallow, and ugh...just disgusting.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 02:23:01 AM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22
They are delusional.   

I was born in Brockton, grew up in New England, temporarily living in Southern California.   Like many New Englanders, I'm a rugged individualist.  Life in the Northeast is just a little bit harder.   Folks in SoCal and Angelenos in particular feel like they are the center of the universe.   The have absolutely no appreciation of anything outside of this strange SoCal bubble.   Most Anglenos have little appreciation of anything besides THEMSELVES.   

And this carries over to their sports fans, particularly, their beloved Lakers.    Look, as fans, we are all biased.   But LA fans have no ability to view other teams or their team objectively.   Only real hoop heads knew how good Al Jefferson was.    The sports media out here feel it was an inside job that we between Danny and Kevin that helped us land KG.  They try to make comparisons between the Pau and KG trade.    There is none. 

Their sports media perpetuates this elitist thinking without analyzing the facts.    Coming into this series, the Cs were battle tested, have all the necessary weapons, roll players, better D, and were not given a shot.   

Lets end this......

I agree.  I live in LA and I believe all 10 Million people here are delusional, selfish, in their own bubble, and don't know basketball or how superior Boston is.

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 02:28:12 AM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22
As a Boston Celtic we all feel we have a "Rich" tradition behind us. A legacy left behind by guys like Russell, Cousy, Bird ect.

The Lakers don't seem to have that same "Rich" tradition that we have.

It means something "More" to be a Boston Celtic, we were never about "Showtime" we just always got the job done in our own way, but we still, at times, made basketball seem so simple, like it was a clinic the Celtics were running and the oppisition were the witches hats.

We made our own "Showtime" and once again, as this year has proved, we took so many teams on a basketball clinic and in game 4 once again we showed what it means to "NEVER" give up, the whole team been lead by Paul Pierce created history that'll never be forgotten and once we hang that 17th banner, it'll be great knowing that one day number "34" we be retired along with the former greats of Celtic history.

The Green for 17

The Lakers tradition is a phoney one.  14 Championships and representing in over 50% of all NBA Finals should be overlooked.  The long line of hall of fame players the Lakers have had from Mikan, Baylor, West, Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Shaq and Kobe don't really equal 'richness'.  All that stuff is just hype while the Celtics tradition is truly rich.

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 02:59:15 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Basically, I think team fans are like their towns. Bostonians are a bit more aggressive than other fans, maybe not as friendly - buy are more loyal, and more interested/intelligent.

Lakers fans are more phony than other fans, and probably less intellectually sophisticated - but they are an attractive bunch, and are able to sell their court-side seats to celebrities for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.