Author Topic: One More!  (Read 2158 times)

One More!
« on: June 13, 2008, 01:51:29 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
It sure feels like we just won it all, but it will be interesting to see what L.A. has left in them for Game 5.

I don't relish the idea of spotting them 24 points again.  The Celts have had two lousy starts in L.A..  I'd love to see them come out and squash them in Game 5 and wrap this puppy up in front of their fans.

One more W for Banner #17!  Unbelievable.

Yup

Re: One More!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 02:01:35 AM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
It's going to take a lot of energy from the Lakers to win 3 in a row, hopefully we end it in game 5. Funny thing is we were all complaining about these strange 2 day offs scheduled, but they are really helping us for game 1 and 4 where we want to rest the injured guys.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 02:09:51 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Gonna try to enjoy this one, and take it all in through tomorrow.  Then the suspense will start to kill me.  The excitement and energy going into that game, the first time in my life I have a chance to watch the Boston Celtics play for the NBA Championship will be excruciating.  I can't wait until Sunday, let's put it away.  I'd love to do it at home, but I don't want to let up or give them any momentum.  I want to end it now, and as fun as it would be to win it in Boston, it would be SWEET to watch them celebrate in Staples.

I've been dreaming of Sunday's game since that fateful morning I learned that we got KG, let's make it a reality boys.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 02:35:31 AM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
It will be interesting to see how the Lakers come out.  Are they going to come out like gang busters or just lay down and say forget about it, we are finished.  As much as I'd love for them to win in Boston, a championship is a championship and I'd love to finish it off in L.A.  I can't belive it...from hoping to get the 1st lottery pick a little over a year ago to one win away from an NBA championship!   It still seems so unreal.  Can't wait for Sunday to see what happens..

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:04:47 AM »

Offline FanInTheSouth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 4
Gonna try to enjoy this one, and take it all in through tomorrow.  Then the suspense will start to kill me.  The excitement and energy going into that game, the first time in my life I have a chance to watch the Boston Celtics play for the NBA Championship will be excruciating.  I can't wait until Sunday, let's put it away.  I'd love to do it at home, but I don't want to let up or give them any momentum.  I want to end it now, and as fun as it would be to win it in Boston, it would be SWEET to watch them celebrate in Staples.

I've been dreaming of Sunday's game since that fateful morning I learned that we got KG, let's make it a reality boys.

I know exactly how you feel.  This won't actually be the first time that I have watched the C's play for a championship, but I was so young and not yet really a true fan to count '86.  This is the first time since I have attached myself to the team that we are in the Finals, so I feel much the same way. 

I do think that we need to finish them off in game 5.  I don't think I could handle them winning game 5, then stealing game 6, then having to deal with the stress of a game 7. 

LET'S GO C'S AND WIN 1 MORE!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 06:35:40 AM »

Offline Kiwicelt

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Well, this is just great!!! I was old enough to appreciate the 80's era Celtics, and now....just one more!!! I too hope that they close it out in L.A....it'll go some ways to making up for the agony of '87!!

GO CELTICS!!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 06:40:46 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Ok, that was an unbelievable win, but this is not over yet, I know what this series look like now, but I think you can't just relie on the fact we are up 3-1. I agree with Faninthesouth, the players got to play the next game like it's game 7, we need to squash the lakers, can't give them breathing room, have to be merciless. Remember, this is where amazing happens, and the celtics have to go out with a mentality that this is a must win game, because that's what the lakers will go out thinking, and a guy named kobe thinking that won't be easy. With that said, I think we should all expect a game 3-like performance from Kobe, except even more scoring and less assisting.
Let's go Celtics!
Anything is possible!!!