Author Topic: What did you do to help the team win tonight?  (Read 15099 times)

Re: What did you do to help the team win tonight?
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2008, 03:08:50 AM »

Offline ThirtyThreePlusOne

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
pretty cool - gave one back!
There are many lies, but only one Truth.

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2008, 05:27:35 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
What did I do to help the team win tonight?

I endured the teasings of the LA fanatics in our school canteen.
I patiently watched and I still believed for a come-back.

Bang!! Last Laugh!! and somewhat the greatest feeling in the world.

ofcourse, lots of sad and lonely fools after the game..
btw, it's friday 13th here in the Philippines.. I am now sure that the # 13 for me is a good LUCK!!  ;D

one more thing, I love comparing the faces of the Lakers during the first half and after the game.  8)

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2008, 06:47:57 AM »

Offline noelmayo

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
i just ran-off and picked up my kid in school...has given up the game for good...until i received a text message from my sister(a die-hard laker fan)that something went wrong,thought the lead has swollen to a hundred, just ignored her,when i got back home, lo and behold!the lakers didn't know what hit 'em!!!actually praying so darn hard the past days,not for a miracle,but to give these "greenies" and the whole celtic nation what they rightfully deserve!!!
"carpe diem"

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2008, 06:50:22 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Ok, I didnt't watch most of the 1st quarter, only joined the tele with about 2 to go in the first. At halftime, I had some lunch to fuel us up and made sure we had enough intensity, kept asking the team thru my mind if they know this is the finals.
I also switched to a different seat on the couch. And sure enough, we were starting to fight back, and I made sure I didn't leave that seat (not to bathroom- had to hold it in for 40 or so minutes) and sat dead still and making sure I'm not disturbing the Celtics' concentration, attitude and intensity from half way around the world.
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 07:21:25 AM »

Offline acviseu

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
i watched the first part of the first half and got psychically sick...i couldn't bear to watch the lakers celebrate,so i stopped watching...but i had a feeling we would still win,so o started follwing the game on the celticblog thread...we started the comeback i didn't want to jinx it so i resisted the urge to watch the game and followed it here,refreshing the thread every minute waiting for some good news with every new post.i finally turned it on just in time to watch the allen layup past vujacic...5 in the morning here and had to work at 9,but too  psyched to sleep, pulled an all-nighter and watched all the post game coverage.

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2008, 07:33:04 AM »

Offline mikeford

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
The following is an absolutely true account of what happened last night.

I had to go to my father's because he is leaving for France on Sunday and I should see him before Father's Day.

We watched the first half together in total disgust and disbelief. Oh well, the Lakers can't beat us at home anyway right?

So my dad retired to his room and I went and sat on the computer in the kitchen and left the TV in the living room on so I could hear the game. And then the comeback started. And it kept rolling, and well, everyone knows what happened. For the entire 2nd half I refused to get up and go back into the living room, lest I jinx this monumental comeback.

Why is this extra significant?

I did the same thing during the 2002 game against the Nets.

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 08:16:13 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
As a fan, I did not give up on them.

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 08:41:03 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i watched the first part of the first half and got psychically sick...i couldn't bear to watch the lakers celebrate,so i stopped watching...but i had a feeling we would still win,so o started follwing the game on the celticblog thread...we started the comeback i didn't want to jinx it so i resisted the urge to watch the game and followed it here,refreshing the thread every minute waiting for some good news with every new post.i finally turned it on just in time to watch the allen layup past vujacic...5 in the morning here and had to work at 9,but too  psyched to sleep, pulled an all-nighter and watched all the post game coverage.

tp to you for your outstanding commitment. i did something similar.

during the game, i simply prayed. i watched it with a lakers fan too.