Author Topic: What did you do to help the team win tonight?  (Read 14934 times)

Re: What did you do to help the team win tonight?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 01:01:35 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
My best friend in the world Catey, God bless her heart, is not a sports fan.  That's why were such great friends, when I get too crazy she is how I can get away.  She's been watching the playoffs because she knows how much I care, and she wants to be able to know what's going on.  She's even gotten to the point where she can name almost all the players.

Tonight she fell asleep at halftime.  I called her when we were up by 5 and woke her up.  She said okay I'm up I'll go watch.  I hung up the phone and went, oh crap, she can't watch she'll jinx it.  As I went to call her back to tell her to go back to bed my phone rang and it was her, "I can't watch now they'll stop playing good."

It was then I knew, a true fan was born.  I didn't do anything special tonight.  Catey knew her place and how to handle it, I've never been so proud of her.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 01:02:13 AM »

Offline bandonox

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
switched from coors light to mountain dew....
and started screaming.
alot....
furbush.tumblr.com

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 01:03:49 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Okay, I know some of you guys must be superstitious.  What did you do at halftime to switch up the team's luck?

Me, I quit posting on Celticsblog for the half.  In Game 1, when we were losing at halftime, I had done the same thing, so I figured it was worth a shot.  And look, it worked!  I'm sure many of you have similar stories, so go ahead and share.

I'm sure I'll need RH to attest to this, but I promise I actually sent Roy the "Look out for Big Game James; keep the faith" PM heading into the second half.

What a night, folks.

TPs all around.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 01:08:00 AM »

Offline Raygus

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 19
i felt like i was doing everything wrong - i worked super late, so i wasn't able to get home to get my lucky perkins t-shirt before going to the bar where i watch the games. i got there 3 minutes into the start of the 1st quarter and they were already sucking. from there i proceeded to sit and watch them get pounded for all of the first half.

throughout the playoffs my dad and i have talked at half time. i almost broke that trend because i was so upset that i didnt want to hear him complain about the refs, but i went outside chainsmoked 3 camel lights, heard him out, and sulked back inside, only to find a smoking hot chick sitting in my chair. normally, i'd have taken the opportunity to tell her she was in my seat to strike up a conversation, but instead i decided to just lean against the door. then it all started happening. pierce came out like a player, doc was making all the right moves, kg stepped up, and ray allen became jesus shuttlesworth. the girl kept sitting there looking at me, almost daring me to go and talk to her - she was the devil, i swear to christ. but i held off, leaned against the door for what felt like the next 3 hours, and the celtics completed the most fantastic comeback probably in the history of the world.

but then, post game, i got her number. i just couldn't help myself. fantastic night.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 01:08:35 AM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
Made a trip to the NBA store bought all my Knicks fans friends Celtics t-shirts.

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 01:09:15 AM »

Offline asterix

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I have a Celtics t-shirt i got when I was 15 (nearly 20 years ago - 1989). I still have it. I wore it for games 1, 2 and 4. I forgot to put it on for game 3...
I guess you can blame me for not getting a sweep here :-)

A very, very good morning to all of you from Tel Aviv.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 01:09:51 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I didn't watch it! And let me explain this one. When Boston FINALLY won a road game in the playoffs I was at the beach and couldn't watch the game. It was the first game I missed all year on tv. And when they closed the series out on Detroit at their house I had to record the game because I couldn't be home during it. I was at home tonight but figured that I'm the reason that they lose on the road so I just turned the computer on and looked at the score from time to time. Now that it's over I'm watching it on DVR.

Other than that I have on my lucky Celtics warm up shirt and touched and made a prayer on my piece of the old parquet floor I've got in my room next to my Bird jersey.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 01:11:07 AM »

Offline noblegreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
we have our living room set up with all celtics stuff from all the roommates. whenever i wear a playoff towel over my head and use a head band to hold it there we play well and i take it off after big leads (game 2) and we suck so  i put it back...today it was too hot to wear it in the first and then i said i have to make sacrifices.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 01:12:36 AM »

Offline WW1MR

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 20
Well A) I didn't turn off the game at halftime when our team's play was making me feel rather ill.

But seriously, as Doc would say, "I (We) stuck with our gameplan and didn't change anything in the second half." So I didn't switch the cap I was wearing, didn't switch my jersey (#34 road) and just like the team, I didn't quit and switch off the game just cause we were abysmal.

I'm glad I didn't.
Now, we bring home NUMBER17!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you..." (R. Kipling)

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 01:16:57 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I didn't change the channel and kept what at the time was just foolish hope.

I didn't watch it! And let me explain this one. When Boston FINALLY won a road game in the playoffs I was at the beach and couldn't watch the game. It was the first game I missed all year on tv. And when they closed the series out on Detroit at their house I had to record the game because I couldn't be home during it. I was at home tonight but figured that I'm the reason that they lose on the road so I just turned the computer on and looked at the score from time to time. Now that it's over I'm watching it on DVR.

Other than that I have on my lucky Celtics warm up shirt and touched and made a prayer on my piece of the old parquet floor I've got in my room next to my Bird jersey.

You poor poor man. You deserve a tommy point.

p.s.
pleased don't watch on sunday

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 01:18:04 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
My mom brought me some peanut cookies to my house this afternoon.

During the game I became a little bit hungry and remembered the cookies, and the moment I ate the first cookie, the Celtics started to play good. So I kept on eating (ok, I was still hungry) until the end of the game. I even chewed for half of the last quarter on the last cookie, so I would not ruin any momentum.

Cookies gone, but I feel satisfied...

mjam
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 01:20:21 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
I have a Celtics t-shirt i got when I was 15 (nearly 20 years ago - 1989). I still have it. I wore it for games 1, 2 and 4. I forgot to put it on for game 3...
I guess you can blame me for not getting a sweep here :-)

A very, very good morning to all of you from Tel Aviv.

Reciprocated from New York.  A wonderful morning to you as well, asterix -- and to all the rest of the reveling green faithful.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 01:21:53 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I didn't change the channel and kept what at the time was just foolish hope.

You poor poor man. You deserve a tommy point.

p.s.
pleased don't watch on sunday

I'm recording it! If they don't win then I can watch them play at home because they still win (almost all the time) when I watch them there. I wanted them to win so bad tonight that I emotionally couldn't watch it live. Not only do I love this team (minus Sam) so much but I also HATE the Lakers with every bit of my soul. We just can't lose to them.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 01:23:13 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
I just didn't watch the game. Watched only the last 5 minutes in the 4th. That's how I helped. Because I really wouldn't be able to handle a loss.

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:12 AM »

Offline cmoney

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
at halftime, at another forum I post on during games I posted this, directed at a fellow Cs fan, 34theTruth, who was saying we're going back to Boston down 3-2.

no dude we're winning this game. Tonight. Book it.

the rest is history