Author Topic: We Need to End This Thing  (Read 1430 times)

We Need to End This Thing
« on: June 13, 2008, 12:26:33 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Now that we have had a chance to pat all these guys on the backs and recover a bit from a rollercoaster of emotions, one thing is crystal clear. We HAVE to end this thing in game 5. There is no doubt that the Lakers are sitting there feeling about as low and dejected as a team can be. If we come out in that first half and play with the fire and energy defensively that we did in the second half tonight they will be done. They know they can't win this thing. We put the foot to the back of their neck and this thing will be over.

If we DON'T however, this could get interesting. We have good reason to believe the NBA wants this to at least go 6 games. If it goes 7 even better. We lose game 5 and we start to let it slide a bit. We have any trouble in game 6 and they start to believe again. Game 7 against Kobe is not something that I think I want to have to face.

Let's end this thing this weekend and we'll be much better off for it.

Re: We Need to End This Thing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:30:36 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Lakers might have one game left in them.

But that's it. 

The experience is a bad leader.  Kobe is probably yelling at his teammates right now.

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:34:09 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
i'm with you EJ - forget winning at home - wrap it up while the Lakers are shaken and we have the momentum.

Bury them in 5 !!
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:37:01 AM »

Offline MaineBleedsGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
I agree. I think we end this Sunday night. We can't let this Laker team get any confidence back. I'm not saying it's end of the world if they get one more, but lets not F-around. GO CELTICS. take this thing!