Author Topic: Big Props to Posey  (Read 5702 times)

Re: Big Props to Posey
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 01:15:57 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
How does Posey not get a post game presser at the podium?  He deserved it I think.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 01:17:04 AM »

Offline joebianca

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
With all due props to Paul, KG, Ray Ray and House (and this was a TEAM win), Posey's two three-pointers in the fourth were about as big as it gets. Down 81-77 with the game slipping away to cut it to one, then up 89-87 to stretch it to five at 1:13 with the shot clock winding down. Two crucial, crucial shots.

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 01:17:32 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
Absolutely! 18 points, great defense and some killer 3's.. I love pose!

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 01:19:10 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
With all due props to Paul, KG, Ray Ray and House (and this was a TEAM win), Posey's two three-pointers in the fourth were about as big as it gets. Down 81-77 with the game slipping away to cut it to one, then up 89-87 to stretch it to five at 1:13 with the shot clock winding down. Two crucial, crucial shots.

Posey's been hitting big 3's in the 4th all year.  The guy's a winner.  The one's he hit tonight were huge, and let's not look past the points he had in the first half that showed a little bit of fight from the C's.
Yup

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 01:22:00 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Posey is the new Robert Horry - a role player who knows how to help good and great teams win, and can hit clutch shots when needed.  Brilliant effort tonight, even with every call going against him.

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 01:25:50 AM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Posey is the new Robert Horry - a role player who knows how to help good and great teams win, and can hit clutch shots when needed.  Brilliant effort tonight, even with every call going against him.

Oh my god...he did it with FIVE fouls too. How long was he playing with that many fouls? Fantastic work by James Posey. He's just earned his contract (with us, naturally) for next year.

Incredible, incredible....

FG/.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 01:32:15 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Posey is better then Robert Horry I think. he is a great defender and just a CLUTCH money kind of player. If that wasn't enough He is fearless warrior on the court.

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 01:33:05 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Brilliant defense on Lamar Odom. Raised the defensive intensity of the whole squad. Gotta love scrappy players.

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 01:35:51 AM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
As Peter Alyss (you know the BBC golf announcer) would say, on the back nine, poor Kobe and the Lakers could only shoot into the Torrey Pines rough and were saddled with Triple Poseys.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 02:10:37 AM »

Offline joebianca

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Posey is better then Robert Horry I think. he is a great defender and just a CLUTCH money kind of player. If that wasn't enough He is fearless warrior on the court.

Posey is WAY better than Robert Horry. Horry does one thing (shoot late threes), while Posey can also put the ball on the floor, rebounds and plays terrific defense. Let's not forget the clutch steal from Prince in Game 6 against Detroit.