Author Topic: Tonight's X Factor  (Read 4550 times)

Tonight's X Factor
« on: June 12, 2008, 05:18:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Sorry to use the over-used "X-factor" term, but it works.  Game 2 had Leon Powe.  Game 3 had Vujacic.  Who will step up tonight and have the surprise performance that puts his team over the top.

My hunch is Eddie House.  I liked what he was doing the other night.  IOf he can get his shot flowing he could put up some big numbers.

Watch him not even get in ???

Who do you think?
Yup

Re: Tonight's X Factor
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
To me, it is the Celtics playing their game on both ends of the court.

They have no problem doing that at home.

They did it twice in Detroit

Do it tonight, the Celtics win.  No matter which player steps up.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:23:37 PM »

Offline 35Reggie

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
I like House too, but my top choice is Posey.  He has been money when left open beyond the arc this post season and if Pierce can get back to penetrating regularly or Garnett can sink a few early buckets, his opportunities to impact the game should increase.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 05:27:50 PM »

Offline Hoops

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 5
House is the logical choice and I don't disagree with it. But I'll throw this out there - I think it could (and should) be Powe. Again.

Teams that live and die by the jumpshot almost always die on the road. Of course we have to have some guys step up and hit some threes to win. And I think House will do that tonight. But if we win this series, it'll be because we own the paint, not because somebody got hot from downtown.

Powe has easily shown the most aggressiveness down on the low block and we haven't really seen any evidence that the Lakers are capable of stopping him.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
House is the logical choice and I don't disagree with it. But I'll throw this out there - I think it could (and should) be Powe. Again.

Teams that live and die by the jumpshot almost always die on the road. Of course we have to have some guys step up and hit some threes to win. And I think House will do that tonight. But if we win this series, it'll be because we own the paint, not because somebody got hot from downtown.

Powe has easily shown the most aggressiveness down on the low block and we haven't really seen any evidence that the Lakers are capable of stopping him.

It would be an excellent sign if Powe is dominating again.
Yup

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 05:32:18 PM »

Offline CelticsFan88

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Pierce and KG being more aggressive like going to the hoop, and scoring more. 

Can't have another 6 and 13 point performance from the both of them again.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 05:33:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
With Rondo's injury I have to say that the "X-Factor" not only in tonight's game but for the rest of the series will be the overall PG play of the Boston Celtics. And I don't care who is playing the position.

If Rondo's out there and he's slowed it will big time favor the Lakers as they will more than likely now be able to stop his penetration and be able to fall back off him and dare him to shoot. If that happens he must be able to hit that J.

If Rondo has reduced minutes it will be up to Eddie House and Sam Cassell to guide this team to victory. Both have the ability, but both have severe limitations. Sam hasn't ever seen a shot he doesn't like and Eddie hasn't played that much and showed the other night that he can be bothered bringing up the ball to the point that it hampers the offense.

The play of this trio is crucial to the outcome of the series and the "X-Factor" is we have no idea what to expect now that Rondo is hurt.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 05:35:49 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
House.

Then KG.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Rondo is the X factor player. He's the guy that creates the most problems for the Lakers outside of the Big Three. He needs to do a better job of getting into the lane and cutting off the ball when his defender cheats. If he does that the Celtics will be in great shape.

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 05:57:08 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
 Yeah, Eddie is due it would seem, brings good stuff, spreads the D which helps KG...

But, I'm going to go with Perk stepping it up realizing he both needs to, and that the team will be looking to force the action inside to both K.G. & him with his soft hands."PUT IT DOWN BIG Fella"  ;)

Yep, I wouldn't at all be suprised if perk is the X factor beast in tonights win ;)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 06:02:56 PM by fan33 »
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Cassell is due and he knows this court.

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We don't need the Big 3 to win, we need A Big 3 - it doesn't necessarily matter who, most of our Ws throughout the season one of the Big 3 struggled during the game, but Rondo, Perk, Powe, or whoever stepped up to pick up the load.  As long as we have 3 guys (ideally 4) scoring and making plays we are golden.

Biggest candidates this game are Powe, Perkins, and House/Cassell, in that order I think.  Posey is continually an X factor but we don't rely on his scoring.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 07:24:11 PM »

Offline celtpinoy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • BEAT LA
strange as it may seem...I'm somehow hoping that SAM redeems himself  tonight....

time for some redemption !!

;D

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Perk 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 07:40:06 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
Rondo

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell