Author Topic: lakers fan here.. not here to talk trash  (Read 6981 times)

lakers fan here.. not here to talk trash
« on: June 12, 2008, 04:11:27 PM »

Offline gmoneylkrs818

• Open Roster Spot
  • Tommy Points: 0
I just want to get some opinions on you guys on the refs bad calls this series. I know, Vlad did indeed travel in that game 2 steal. But there was also way too many more free throws Boston had. Do you all agree with me that the refs that game were a little off? ???

edit - welcome to the blog.  Don't use offensive language. wdleehi
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 04:12:59 PM by wdleehi »

Re: lakers fan here.. not here to talk trash
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:14:26 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The officials are the officials.

It is up to the teams to play well enough such that the officials have no ability to change the outcome.

For example, if the Celtics had played average on offense (average for the Celtics), they would have won the game despite the Lakers going to the line 12 more times. 

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 04:16:27 PM »

Offline gmoneylkrs818

• Open Roster Spot
i didnt use offensive language >:(

Re: lakers fan here.. not here to talk ****
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 04:16:36 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 11
Gmoney,

Welcome to the board first of all:-)  One non-call that stood out to me was Odom barreling down the lane out of control as he often does plowing over a Celtic (maybe Posey) who was waiting on him well outside the protected circle in the lane as he passed the ball to the corner for a successful 3-pointer by a Laker (forget who).  This occured in the last 2 minutes and should have clearly been a charge which would have negated the basket and perhaps been a 5 or 6 point swing.  That for some reason stands out.  Also, Pierce got fouled on the strip leading to Radman's 4-step lay-up.  Those two stand out to me.

Tonight should be called evenly as all the world will be CLOSELY analyzing the refs in this game:-))  Looking forward to it!!

Peace,

Smitty

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 04:18:28 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I just want to get some opinions on you guys on the refs bad calls this series. I know, Vlad did indeed travel in that game 2 steal. But there was also way too many more free throws Boston had. Do you all agree with me that the refs that game were a little off? ???

Yes, they screwed the Celts.

Seriously, though, they were no worse in game 2 than they were in game 3 when LA had the big free throw advantage. They didn't decide either game.

Re: lakers fan here.. not here to talk ****
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 04:19:36 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Gmoney,

Welcome to the board first of all:-)  One non-call that stood out to me was Odom barreling down the lane out of control as he often does plowing over a Celtic (maybe Posey) who was waiting on him well outside the protected circle in the lane as he passed the ball to the corner for a successful 3-pointer by a Laker (forget who).  This occured in the last 2 minutes and should have clearly been a charge which would have negated the basket and perhaps been a 5 or 6 point swing.  That for some reason stands out.  Also, Pierce got fouled on the strip leading to Radman's 4-step lay-up.  Those two stand out to me.

Tonight should be called evenly as all the world will be CLOSELY analyzing the refs in this game:-))  Looking forward to it!!

Peace,

All those calls stood out for me too. We still should have won that game, refs or no refs.... Go Celtics

Smitty

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 04:27:25 PM »

Offline gmoneylkrs818

• Open Roster Spot
Ty for the welcomes, i appreciate it. Im just trying to  get an idea on what calls u think should have been called.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 04:37:38 PM »

Offline Smitty

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 11
Gmoney,

It was at the 1:53 mark with us trailing by 2.  We should have had the ball going the other way with a chance to tie or take the lead.  Critical call.  They had been calling charges on Odom consistently EXCEPT for that one.  Turned the game IMHO.

Peace,

Smitty

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 04:39:04 PM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Welcome gmoney.  I watched game 2 twice after seeing it live. I saw more ticky tac type fouls that may get a call on TV than I did live. You know, where a player is brushed rather than real force applied to them.  I think Kobe is so used to getting any breath on him called that he didn't like it when the refs let contact that had no effect on the player slide.

I also saw taht when the Triangle works, it works beautifully.  The give and go to Pau in front of the Lakers bench early was smooth.  Kobe didn't even look at Pau when he dished to him.  

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 04:42:42 PM »

Offline bbc3341

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23
on a scale of 1-10 the refs influence has been a 3 on the court. The whining by coaches (or coach that is) elevated it to something beyond what it actually was.
Now, on to 18...

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 03:53:50 AM »

Offline lakersaregods

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 2
hi im new
I Believe

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
hi im new

this topic is interesting.
seems like a good place for conversation on days to come
Hopefully all of Laker fans that come around will have this approach and try not to troll.
Welcome u two
and hope the discussion continue.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 10:51:42 AM »

Offline EDWARDO

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
hi im new

Great post. You've got me thinking.

TP for you.

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 10:54:55 AM »

Offline TerreHaute

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
First, the NBA game is the hardest game to officiate in the world, bar none.

Second, the officials in general do a horrible job of enforcing the rules, in my opinion. The game has gotten to the point where every foul and violation is a judgement call by the officials, when the rules clearly state otherwise.

Third, as I look at the series as a whole, I don't think the officiating has been biased one way or another. Each team has had games where they caught more breaks than the other. Poorly officiated, yes. One sided, no.

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 10:55:17 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
hi im new

Great post. You've got me thinking.

TP for you.

It's got to be some sort of evil Laker cryptogram or something.  Any code crackers here?
Yup