Author Topic: Bad news: Referees for Game 4  (Read 14235 times)

Bad news: Referees for Game 4
« on: June 12, 2008, 03:41:55 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Steve Javie
Joe DeRosa
Tom Washington

They have a combined 147-90 (.615) record in favor of the home teams.

Re: Bad news: Referees for Game 4
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 03:45:49 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Steve Javie
Joe DeRosa
Tom Washington

They have a combined 147-90 (.615) record in favor of the home teams.

.615 isn't that bad, actually, I think homecourt wins about 58% in the league overall, this isn't that discrepant.  Any info on playoff tendencies?

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 03:48:47 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Kobe has three technicals in this series so far and Steve Javie is one of the shortest fuses when it comes to officials.

Maybe there is a hopeful trend developing here and the trains are about to collide.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 05:44:40 AM »

Offline Cooldude5t5

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 36
Kobe has three technicals in this series so far and Steve Javie is one of the shortest fuses when it comes to officials.

Maybe there is a hopeful trend developing here and the trains are about to collide.
How many does Kobe have for the playoffs because I think 6 or 7 and you get suspended for a game. I remember Sheed being close last series.

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:01:04 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think Kobe got his 3rd last game; you get suspended for a game on your 7th, I think. Sheed had 6.

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 08:02:41 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
Kobe has three technicals in this series so far and Steve Javie is one of the shortest fuses when it comes to officials. Maybe there is a hopeful trend developing here and the trains are about to collide.

yeah, if this is the case, and kobe is screaming at everybody around him, complaining after every call, touching the ref in the middle of an arguement (kb24 did this a few times last game in an angry manner) and kicking the ball every time he misses a freethrow, he'll get thrown out for sure.

this immediately sucks a lot of his emotion out of the game...this to me is good news.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 08:11:41 AM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
when i saw the refs for game 3 i automatically knew they were going to lose... something about that joey crawford... everytime i see his name the celtics seem to lose a game. my fav ref is def dick bavetta. he's one of the fairer ones.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 08:13:46 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
anyone else think that kobe should have been t'd up for a second time with just under 4 minutes left in game 3? i was watching the game with a lakers fan and even he thought kobe should have gone.

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 08:15:55 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
Kobe has three technicals in this series so far and Steve Javie is one of the shortest fuses when it comes to officials. Maybe there is a hopeful trend developing here and the trains are about to collide.

yeah, if this is the case, and kobe is screaming at everybody around him, complaining after every call, touching the ref in the middle of an arguement (kb24 did this a few times last game in an angry manner) and kicking the ball every time he misses a freethrow, he'll get thrown out for sure.

this immediately sucks a lot of his emotion out of the game...this to me is good news.

you will see doc rivers guarding Pau gasol in the paint before you see kobe bryant tossed out of an nba finals game.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 08:22:00 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

This could work in our favor if not for those pesky memos Stern sent to the refs concerning the little-known "don't eject Kobe from the finals" rule...

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 08:33:04 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

This could work in our favor if not for those pesky memos Stern sent to the refs concerning the little-known "don't eject Kobe from the finals" rule...

If any of the Big 3 would have argued with the refs, like Kobe did in game 3, they would have gotten tossed.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
I don't think this is a bad crew at all.  And I don't think game 3 was poorly officiated.  Kobe got to the line because he was agressive, and most of the fouls looked legit to me.

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 09:44:27 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
I don't think this is a bad crew at all.  And I don't think game 3 was poorly officiated.  Kobe got to the line because he was agressive, and most of the fouls looked legit to me.

Agreed. The Lakers maybe got a few more calls, but they were home and that's to be expected. Plus, Kobe was taking it to the hoop.

Plus, Steve Javie has a reputation as one who isn't afraid to call against the home teams. Overall, a good crew, I think.... Then again, I think far too  much is being made of the officiating.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 10:11:19 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

If any of the Big 3 would have argued with the refs, like Kobe did in game 3, they would have gotten tossed.

What are you basing this on? When did one of our big 3 get tossed with 2 techs this season? Has Perk even been tossed with 2 techs? Perk never shuts up.

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 10:15:25 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Look, not to bang on anyone here but,

is anyone else getting a little tired of the complaining about officials before the game? 

We complained before game three.  But if the Celtics had just been average on offense, they would have won.

It is time for the players to play so well, the officials can not take the game away from them.  This team has all the talent it needs to do that.