Author Topic: Violet Palmer  (Read 1814 times)

Violet Palmer
« on: June 10, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »

Offline hilltopchamps

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 14
With the way Phil Jackson has been crying about the officiating, I expect David Stern will unlease Violet Palmer on the Celtics in game 3, and maybe in more games. She will call many phantom fouls on the Celtics. Stern doesn't want this series to end in 4 or 5 games, so I expect that the officials will be more against the Celtics than they were in Boston. And like they say," The rusty spoke gets all the grease." Go Celtics , it will be nice to win it on their court.

Re: Violet Palmer
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 03:25:52 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
refereeing your home team shouldn't be allowed

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 03:42:19 PM »

Offline iowa plowboy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
Palmer is one of the NBA's better and fairer officials.  That isn't saying a lot.  But she appears to be the official who has least gotten the star call memo from Stern.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:59:24 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Violet Palmer doesn't get any games past the first round, as she is not eligible for the finals.  The NBA routinely scores all officials.  As Palmer is one of the lowest rated officials (by both the league and public opinion), she really doesn't get any games past the first round.

The later the round, the higher the "grade" from the league the official must have to ref these games.  Sort of a bonus for doing a good job (since they get paid extra for the extra work).  After watching some of these games though, I figured out "good officiating" is all relative.  I guess the guys reffing the Finals just did less bad than the others.

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I'm glad she isn't eligible...