Author Topic: Any word on Cassell's status for tonights game?  (Read 7357 times)

Re: Any word on Cassell's status for tonights game?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 03:13:30 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I liked the pick up initially. Cost us next to nothing to acquire him. I thought he has something left in the tank. I didn't think he would take up all of House's minutes and I didn't think he was this big of a chucker.

That being said I was wrong about Cassell, but all we need to do now is just keep him on the bench.

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 03:30:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Sam's injury will be not be an issue. He sprained his passing wrist, but his shooting wrist is fine, so he will have no problem.

Sorry, but as I remember from many years ago in A&P class people have 2 arms, 2 elbows, 2 hands and 2 wrists (a left and a right one of each). Now, last I checked, Sam I Am, the man who shoots first, and then, shoots again (never pass even after you see the whites of their eyes), has 2 shooting hands, and consequently 2 shooting wrists.

When did he grow a third for passing????

I believe this was a poor attempt at a joke by another Cassell hater.

I thought it was a descent joke, I've heard better, but most of those deal with chickens and eggs and such, for a joke grounded in real world humor, I give it 3 out of 5 thumbs up

I thought both jokes were pretty funny...

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 03:34:14 PM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Wasn't Sam a +11 in Game 2...?
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 03:34:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
House can be tonight what leon was in game 2. I hope Sam sits.

Doubtful, given that House can't dunk or rebound.  I hope Sam sits too because House will be exposed and subsequently placed on the bench where he belongs.

The whole Eddie/Sam thing is getting rather old - neither will be back next year so who cares?

I meant a game changing spark off the bench, not a power forward. I'm not thinking about next year, I'm thinking about wining the title now!

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 05:32:35 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Maybe by accident... He was 0-2 while out there. His first shot was so bad it got thrown back in his face. He didn't do anything other than maybe stay out of these guys way. I could have had a +11 out there when they went on that run.

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 05:34:20 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
"The whole Eddie/Sam thing is getting rather old - neither will be back next year so who cares?"

...said the guy posting in the Sam Cassell thread...

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 05:34:45 PM »

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19

Maybe by accident... He was 0-2 while out there. His first shot was so bad it got thrown back in his face. He didn't do anything other than maybe stay out of these guys way. I could have had a +11 out there when they went on that run.

i got a +11 doing a victory dance in my living room.
Hello World

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 05:42:32 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

i got a +11 doing a victory dance in my living room.

I'll buy that! TP

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 07:03:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This just in Sam Cassell is out for game three with a severe case of being bad. Although he has been able to play through this injury in most of the playoff games his badness has flared up so bad today he has no hope of playing
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Celtics guard Sam Cassell, who has been day to day with a sprained right wrist, is out on the court taking jumpers. His wrist is wrapped in athletic tape, but he's not wearing any kind of brace. His right hand is his shooting hand, and Cassell's shot did not appear to be hampered after a few minutes of warm-ups.

Link.

By his game not being hampered, does that mean Sam was missing 6 out of every 7 shots?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 07:23:59 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This just in Sam Cassell is out for game three with a severe case of being bad. Although he has been able to play through this injury in most of the playoff games his badness has flared up so bad today he has no hope of playing

I heard he also had "Ball-Pounding Fever", (complicated by "half-courtitis"), was suffering from a severe lack of momentum, and that he accidentally took an overdose of "brick-acillin" while in treatment. (The prognosis isn't good).  ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *