Author Topic: Any word on Cassell's status for tonights game?  (Read 7358 times)

Any word on Cassell's status for tonights game?
« on: June 10, 2008, 02:12:26 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I saw on ESPN that Cassell injured his hand and is questionable for tonights game. Has anyone else seen this or did I imagine this? I'd be pretty happen if he was out. I'd like to see House for 8-10 minutes.

Re: Any word on Cassell's status for tonights game?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 02:33:09 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
Sam's injury will be not be an issue. He sprained his passing wrist, but his shooting wrist is fine, so he will have no problem.

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:33:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
As far as I know his status is still: "Washed up"

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 02:39:11 PM »

Offline nesnfsn

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Sam's injury will be not be an issue. He sprained his passing wrist, but his shooting wrist is fine, so he will have no problem.

Sorry, but as I remember from many years ago in A&P class people have 2 arms, 2 elbows, 2 hands and 2 wrists (a left and a right one of each). Now, last I checked, Sam I Am, the man who shoots first, and then, shoots again (never pass even after you see the whites of their eyes), has 2 shooting hands, and consequently 2 shooting wrists.

When did he grow a third for passing????

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Eddie! Eddie! Eddie!

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason

Sorry, but as I remember from many years ago in A&P class people have 2 arms, 2 elbows, 2 hands and 2 wrists (a left and a right one of each). Now, last I checked, Sam I Am, the man who shoots first, and then, shoots again (never pass even after you see the whites of their eyes), has 2 shooting hands, and consequently 2 shooting wrists.

I believe this was a poor attempt at a joke by another Cassell hater.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 02:50:38 PM »

Offline Csfan4life

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
I would agree that Eddie definitely needs to play more, but what's with all the Sam hate?  This is the same guy that everyone was wanting the Celtics to pick up as a free agent leading up to the deadline right?

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

I thought it was a descent joke, I've heard better, but most of those deal with chickens and eggs and such, for a joke grounded in real world humor, I give it 3 out of 5 thumbs up
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 03:01:07 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

I believe this was a GOOD attempt at insulting a fellow poster, which is not only not allowed on this blog, but ridiculous considering we are up 2-0 in the NBA finals. What possibly do you have to gripe about bad enough to insult a fellow Celtics fan?!

Just as much as you have the right to misguidedly LIKE Sam, we have the right to think he is a waste of a roster spot. The difference is that WE have the stats to back our opinion up where you just want to throw out vague support which can neither be backed up or dismissed. I'll go with the actual numbers, but stop ripping this guy individually.

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 03:04:27 PM »

Offline scootman

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
i hope he sits out. he only cares for himself. like the time he dribbled up the court and just shot a three and missed...

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 03:06:21 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I would agree that Eddie definitely needs to play more, but what's with all the Sam hate?  This is the same guy that everyone was wanting the Celtics to pick up as a free agent leading up to the deadline right?

Not everyone wanted to pick this guy up. There are a huge group of us that from the moment the rumors started stuck to our guns that it was a bad idea. The guy is shooting 32% from the floor in the playoffs, can't defend, can't run OUR offense, won't pass the ball unless he's tried every other option to get his own shot off 2-3 times, and takes PT away from a guy who not only shoots better, but plays an all around game. For the millionth time, what's to like about Sam?! And don't give us this "he can bring the ball up the floor" garbage because against Detroit who he magically was supposed to settle the offense, he turned it over 1.25 times in 9.8 minutes. That's 5 turnovers per 48. Not good numbers by any measurement...

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 03:07:42 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Master Mason

I believe this was a GOOD attempt at insulting a fellow poster, which is not only not allowed on this blog, but ridiculous considering we are up 2-0 in the NBA finals. What possibly do you have to gripe about bad enough to insult a fellow Celtics fan?!

Just as much as you have the right to misguidedly LIKE Sam, we have the right to think he is a waste of a roster spot. The difference is that WE have the stats to back our opinion up where you just want to throw out vague support which can neither be backed up or dismissed. I'll go with the actual numbers, but stop ripping this guy individually.

My bad, I misread Section 87's post, thinking that he took nesnfans post seriously.  I wasn't ripping anyone - what is your deal guy?

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 03:09:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
House can be tonight what leon was in game 2. I hope Sam sits.

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Master Mason
House can be tonight what leon was in game 2. I hope Sam sits.

Doubtful, given that House can't dunk or rebound.  I hope Sam sits too because House will be exposed and subsequently placed on the bench where he belongs.

The whole Eddie/Sam thing is getting rather old - neither will be back next year so who cares?

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 03:13:10 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

My bad, I misread Section 87's post, thinking that he took nesnfans post seriously.  I wasn't ripping anyone - what is your deal guy?
Just saying that you are ripping this guy for his attempt at making a joke due to the fact that you somehow a huge Cassell fan. There is no need to rip him over his ability/inability to make a joke. You can't "misunderstand" that section87 was making a joke as well. Rip the comments or the topic, not the guy himself.