Author Topic: What are our chances of stealing Game 3  (Read 11563 times)

Re: What are our chances of stealing Game 3
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 02:24:57 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
ONe thing is if we can play D like the first two game then Kobe doesn't get a big game unless something unholy happens and all his shots fall. It wasn't just home court that kept him out of the paint, it was meeting a wall of bodies each time he touched the ball.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 02:27:19 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
Give the ball to kg down in the post and he has to penetrate. He has been nothing short of dependable these playoffs but we really need him to get us a 40 point monster night.

Also we just have to keep playing the defense we have been playing.  double team kobe , kill the lane, guard the three.

We will win tonight by 4 is my prediction

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 02:31:56 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Give the ball to kg down in the post and he has to penetrate. He has been nothing short of dependable these playoffs but we really need him to get us a 40 point monster night.

Also we just have to keep playing the defense we have been playing.  double team kobe , kill the lane, guard the three.

We will win tonight by 4 is my prediction

If we can play the kind of defense we played in quarter 2 and 3 in game two, we'll be all set. I agree with establishing the ball down low with KG. If he gets doubled he's an excellent passer. KG hasn't had a great offense game yet in this series so I think he's due. KG is taking the shots he normally takes they just aren't going down.

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 02:37:50 PM »

Offline Hrvoje

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
I saw that chances of Lakers winning game 3, according to betting houses here in Croatia, are 1/5 (1.20) and for Celtics to win it 3.5/1 (4.50), I mean WHAT??!! are you kidding me?!

I checked BWIN site and their offer is pretty much same?!

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 02:51:35 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
If we play defense like we are capable of for 48 minutes tonight, we win.

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 03:07:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I really like our chances tongiht. I think our team smells blood, and will go in for the kill. I think the Lakers are depending on the refs to bail them out, and that may get them to the line more, but it won't help them play better defense, the lack of which has been one of the big stories of this series to date.  90% of our offense starts with a Rondo penetration, and simply have no one to deal with him.

Kobe will probably cover Paul tonight, but Paul can get his shot off Kobe pretty nicely. Will settle for some 12-15 footers to start, and then take it to the hole.

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Our Celtics chance of wining this game tonight are 55%, IMV.

We have learned and experienced what it takes and how to BEAT LA at home and in their gym!

These veterans can imagine, taste and smell the Championship all but within their grasp!

This Celtics team rises to the greater challenges and meets great competion when pressed to do so, and they are being told still (MSM), they are unlikely to win game 3! Underdogs  ;) ****

The Lakers knew all along how and what it would take to win against us yet have not been able to execute that game plan. Oh and that forth quarter was an ideal lesson as to how the Lakers could win a game as in that quarter, unfortunately for them those opportunitys do not show up when the Cs are bringing their "A" defensive game.

A good little 'kick in the azz" recently experienced as to the potent offensive potential the Lakers hang their asperations on if allowed to go off unchecked. Although with our smart, quick, high intensity, high energy defensive pressure brought consistantly I can only see a close game with a Celtics win (as Scoobs, just said). 
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2008, 03:47:12 PM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37
Agree with Kuberski33.  This is a must win for the Lakers, and I expect the officials to bend over backwards on their behalf.  This is going to be a Laker parade to the foul line.

Yup. Which is why it's going to be essential for them to accept this and play their game anyway, like they did against Detroit. No Kobe-like whining after every noncall. I hope Doc reminds them of this.

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2008, 04:07:55 PM »

Offline Discoflux

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 22
Unless the refs call it like Game 2, probably a 20% chance to win.

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2008, 04:11:30 PM »

Offline TruthSerum

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
"Stealing game 3" presupposes game 3 belongs to the Lakers. If Pierce publicly says he wants to win in LA, it means he knows the Celtics can do it handily. It's a better story anyway. He's made a habit of making fortune -- good or bad -- work in his favor, and that's the mark of a champion and a leader. He's the real MVP, the most versatile, savvy, inspiring player in the league. He and the Celtics glorify team spirit, respect themselves & the opponent, learn from every loss and near-loss. If Pierce looks to stomp in his old stomping grounds, who are the Lakers to get in his way? The Celtics are the better team. If they don't sweep, they're certain to learn something they needed to know.

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2008, 05:04:12 PM »

Offline ziggen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
The Celtics can win tonight.

Defense - Nuff Said

The Lakers will be desperate and hungry for this win, specially at home. They will be aggressive and drive to the lane more. Time for the Celtics to get smarter and get those charges. Make the Lakers earn that lane and protect the outlet pass. If the Celtics play Kobe the way they played him on Game 2 those outlet passes will be their last resort.

I'm sure by now Kobe has lost confidence on his team... and he will go on one of his 55 point games. Defend the rest of the team and let Kobe tire his ass out. Deny his help and make him be a one man team. How do you think the Lakers will defend after his missed after missed shots?

It will get loud in the Staples Center... but believe me it will be just as loud as it was when the Celtics handed their asses to them on the regular season game. There will be a lot of Celtics fans there.

Make the Lakers commit... The Lakers have been popping like popcorn whenever Pierce, Allen, or any of out shooters fake them out from the arc. Why should they stop now, they obviously see the three point potential. Take the defenders to the air and drive it in. Chances are the pickup defender will be caught of guard and commit the foul or leave his man open for an easy open shot.

The Celtics have the momentum, no doubt about it. Forget what the media said, forget what the haters said. Talk is cheap and the C's are proving them wrong by what they have done. Time to bring back the trophy to Boston.
Hello World

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The only way we are going to lose a game in this series is if

1. We just don't play our regular great defense

2. The Lakers by some miracle start playing Detroit Piston style defense

3. The Lakers have an ungodly shooting night like the T'Wolves had against us this year shooting around 72% and making 21 of 21 FTs and a huge amount and percentage of 3's.

4. A little bit of all three factors occur.

5. The fix is in.

The Celtics play the way they have since game 7 vs Cleveland and this Laker team cannot beat them unless one of the above occur.

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2008, 08:44:09 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The Celtics can be their own worst enemy at times, and that will be the only way the Lakers can beat them. That said, I think they did enough of that in the first three series, and they take the Finals serious enough to not let that happen again. It's pretty simple: play defense the way they know they can, and no one beats them.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »

Offline Barnabas

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 11
Ok, I'm not gonna wimp out and hedge.  Our chances of winning tonight are good, but the Lakers will have a better chance.  The league's best defense against the league's best offense.  It looks like a fair match up to me.

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2008, 09:02:41 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I say 50/50. Thanks to Phil, I bet the fouls will be even. :) But I bet Paul Pierce stays in foul trouble. :(
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird