Author Topic: Game 2: Just the Number  (Read 9468 times)

Re: Game 2: Just the Number
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 02:28:56 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The Lakers played terribly in game 2. Even Phil Jackson said that is was one of the worst performances by the Lakers all year, particularly on the defensive end.

As noted several posts above, the stats mean nothing, because Boston stopped playing their game when they were up 20 with 6 minutes to go. They let up. Every team does. Essentially the Lakers padded their numbers in a hectic garbage time-like desperation situation. Again, even Phil thinks those numbers mean nothing. The Lakers stunk it up in game 2.

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 02:32:55 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
lets start with the rebounding numbers from the first post, which as someone posted, are skewed by the last 6 minutes. before that we were plus 5

then we can move on to the gloss over of the utah ft discrepancy which someone posted was still 28-7 without the intentional fouls.

also, you threw out 5 key defensive stats that all heavily favor the celtics. i don't see how thats valid.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 04:49:04 PM »

Offline seccom

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
lets start with the rebounding numbers from the first post, which as someone posted, are skewed by the last 6 minutes. before that we were plus 5

then we can move on to the gloss over of the utah ft discrepancy which someone posted was still 28-7 without the intentional fouls.

also, you threw out 5 key defensive stats that all heavily favor the celtics. i don't see how thats valid.

OK. Let us look at the rebounding number:

Q1: C 1-8 L 3-10 = Lakers +3
Q2 C 2-9 L 4-9 = Lakers +2
Q3 C 4-13, L 2-7 = Lakers -8
Q4 C 3-7 L 2-10 = Lakers +2

after 1Q, Lakers +3
2Q Lakers +5
3Q Celtics +3
4Q Celtics +1.

As you can see, even after the exposive Q2, the Lakers’ was still up on Celtics in total rebounds and total offensive rebounds.The Celtics was not dominted the rebounding war the whole game. Celtics actually had only 1 good rebounding quarter, it is Q3.

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 04:52:06 PM »

Offline kgiessler

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 96
in a nut shell, how can you call out people for not respecting stats when you yourself gloss over any stats that are brought up to contridict your point of view.

(shot chart -kobe, total fouls, dunks, points in the paint)

all of which point to a lack of agression on 11/12 lakers part.

First of all, what is my point of view? Am I am talking about fouls? Am I am talking about Rebounding? Am I talking about assist?

Can you find the specific quote from me that you want to discuss?

Yeah, I think thats the problem.  No one knows what on earth you're talking about.  And apparently, you don't either.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do."¯ - Franklin

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »

Offline seccom

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
in a nut shell, how can you call out people for not respecting stats when you yourself gloss over any stats that are brought up to contridict your point of view.

First of all, what is my point of view? Am I am talking about fouls? Am I am talking about Rebounding? Am I talking about assist?

Yeah, I think thats the problem.  No one knows what on earth you're talking about.  And apparently, you don't either.

In a way, you are right. In general, I don't take a position one way or another. I really like to let the number speak for themselves.

Most people believe I have an agenda with my number because I am a Lakers fan.

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2008, 05:00:20 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

In a way, you are right. In general, I don't take a position one way or another. I really like to let the number speak for themselves.

Most people believe I have an agenda with my number because I am a Lakers fan.

That half the problem.

The numbers don't talk for themselves.