Author Topic: Gerald Green and other potential free agents  (Read 17552 times)

Re: Gerald Green and other potential free agents
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Gerald Green?  No thanks.  I do believe he is a bust.  C'mon people, the guy was a throw in to the KG deal.  The Celtics saw him and didn't want him, Minnesota saw him didn't want him and then Houston didn't want him either.  What is it that people are not getting about Gerald Green? ::)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 03:44:52 PM »

Offline Oldschoolkid

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Juwon Howard is a major league slacker........one of those "I got my money, yo" types. He has been on good teams that could have used his talent, but he just didn't feel like playing, please pass on him. Jason williams is a "hot-dog" guard type, passing is his last option and he never gives the ball to the other player where he really wants it. He is the type that dribbles into trouble then whips it at someone to get out of trouble. Another no way.

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
btw, Toine, Ricky and Gerald? And no single "Bring Gomes back" thread?  ::)
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
btw, Toine, Ricky and Gerald? And no single "Bring back Gomes" thread?  ::)

tp - great point.

although isn't gomes restricted?

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 03:53:56 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

tp - great point.

I dunno...Roy?  ;D

EDIT: Thanks, TP
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 04:48:21 PM by Casperian »
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 04:10:19 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I don't think we have to worry about this. Teams rarely take back players they have given up on.

But we are talking about Danny Ainge, who traded to get Walker back.....  ;)

I think Foster would be the big prize for the Cs if he opts out and can be convinced to join a contender, and provided the Cs management doesn't mind spending a bit of money.  I think Lue would be a nice cheap pick up(if the Cs go a different direction than House), Pietrus would be nice (if Posey doesn't come back) but would probably cost too much.  Same for Diop.  One player not yet mentioned in the posts above is Croshere, who would probably be cheap and motivated to join a contender.

Draft: DeVon Hardin
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline Mr21

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
j-will would be a GREAT pickup at backup point. he won the championship with posey and IS NOT a pass last PG, dude who said that doesn't know his game then. he's been my 2nd fav player (behind KG) and I think where he's at in his career he would believe in unbutu.

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 04:31:32 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
ugly list. there has to be something better. I thought I heard Matt Barnes name in an earlier thread,

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Bring back Toine is funny (essentially because it's not happening).

Bring back Gerald is scary (even though it's not going to happen). The only reason to propose such a thing is comic relief. 

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 04:45:15 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

tp - great point.

I dunno...Roy?  ;D

Yep, he's restricted.

For a free agent list, people can check out here.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 04:47:19 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Here is a list of guys I would be interested in. This list is in no particular order.

Alonzo Mourning.
Matt Barnes.
Grant Hill.
Chris Duhon.
James Posey.
Eddie House.
Steve Blake.

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 04:51:22 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24
Alonzo Mourning if he is healthy

Keyon Dooling - good defender, can back up both guard positions, great complement to the skillset the team has

Eduardo Najera - perfect role player and shoots the 3 to space the floor.  What Danny wished Scal would have been.

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Here is a list of guys I would be interested in. This list is in no particular order.

Alonzo Mourning.
Matt Barnes.
Grant Hill.
Chris Duhon.
James Posey.
Eddie House.
Steve Blake.

Man, I would love to have Matt Barnes, said it before here. I want him here even if we don't need him. He'd be fun to watch and should be able to fit in nicely.

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 05:04:15 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Not very many players mentioned in this thread who seem like they'd be a good fit.  Maybe Duhon, maybe Barnes. 

Has Buckets EVER played on a team with a winning record other than that monstrosity here that blew up in the playoffs?  Isn't it telling that Miami - in hardcore tank mode - didn't feel the need to invent an injury for  him?  I have a real, real hard time seeing KG being stoked about getting his old teammate back. 

Posey's got to be re-signed, and if Eddie House DOES walk, the player that I think is the best fit as the third, combo gaurd off the bench is our boy Delonte.  Make him an offer, see if Cleveland bites.  He'd be a great fit playing behind Rondo and Ray, and we know he's got the competitiveness and the cajones to do pretty well on a bigger stage.  I'm just not sure how much Cleveland's in love with him; I suspect you're looking at the full MLE for maybe three years.

Anyone think PJ Brown's coming back?  It wouldn't surprise me in the least for him to "retire," only to be coaxed back out come next All-Star break.  He's been awesome in the playoffs, you just wonder if he could keep it up playing 15-20 minutes a night for a full season.

EDIT: Diop might be a nice fit as a backup 5; his skillset seems to be pretty similar to Perk's, but you can always use another rebounding, defending big.

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Ricky Davis and Jeff Foster, these are players that would command too much money in my opinion. I would much rather have the Celtics go after grizzled vets who have no EGO. Grant Hill, Alonzo mourning. If Posey choses to walk away and we can get Mourning, and Grant Hill on the cheap I would be ecstatic. If we cannot get Hill I would love to get Matt Barnes as Budweiser Celtics said, I think he would be a great fit.