Author Topic: Globe: Keith Lockhart gaffe  (Read 1612 times)

Globe: Keith Lockhart gaffe
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:35:34 PM »

Offline Section 87

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 56
The Globe's sports caption writers probably shouldn't report on music. Keith Lockhart, music director of the Boston Pops, conducted members of the Boston Pops in the Star Spangled Banner before game 2. The Globe published photos, calling them the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and calling Lockhart the conductor of the BSO. So they got their music-business info all wrong (even though the PA announcement at the game was accurate).

Maybe they shouldn't write about sports either ... the captions say that Lockhart "donned" a P.J. Brown jersey, even though the photos clearly show him wearing a custom jersey with his own name (LOCKHART), and his own number (95), which I don't think any Celtic player has ever worn. (Lockhart became the Pops music director in '95.)

It makes you wonder why the captions are written by someone who doesn't even bother to look at the picture.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/gallery/06_08_08_pregame_photos?pg=0
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/gallery/06_08_08_pregame_photos?pg=10
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 01:39:20 PM by Section 87 »

Re: Globe: Keith Lockhart gaffe
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 12:37:59 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Did anyone else find James Taylor to be a weird choice for Game 1's anthem?  I know he's a local legend, but I find him to be much more of a Red Sox kinda guy, than a Celtic.
Yup

Re: Globe: Keith Lockhart gaffe
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 12:51:03 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Did anyone else find James Taylor to be a weird choice for Game 1's anthem?  I know he's a local legend, but I find him to be much more of a Red Sox kinda guy, than a Celtic.

I don't mind the choice, but that was one of the worst performances I have heard from James.