Author Topic: Where's Rodney Dangerfield when you need him?  (Read 1410 times)

Where's Rodney Dangerfield when you need him?
« on: June 09, 2008, 12:35:02 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Another game, another Celtics win, and another morning spent having to defend the team that is up 2-0 in the NBA Finals.  Has a team in our position ever been more disrespected?

After Game 1 it was all about Paul Pierce.  Instead of giving the man credit for a successful, dramatic NBA Finals debut he was being mocked and ripped by the media.  The Celtics won because the Lakers were underestimating them and didn't play well.

After Game 2 all the talk is about the refs and the late run by the Lakers.  I don't hear too much credit for the Celtics being thrown around.  They dominated the Lakers for most of the game.  Runs like that have happened to many teams in NBA history, they happen when teams get big leads all the time.  The bottom line should be that the Celts won their second in a row, defended their homecourt, and put themselves in a great position to win the NBA title.  It's just that nationally no one seems too impressed.

Personally I think this is great for the team.  No team up 2-0 in the Finals has ever had a chip on their shoulder this size.  These experts not giving them credit are the same ones that picked the Lakers in 5 or 6.  Keep the critics and the doubters coming, and our boys will continue to feed off of them.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

Re: Where's Rodney Dangerfield when you need him?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I'm with you Ma.

The Celts have successfully exposed the Lakers in two games now and are up 2-0.

I'm a happy camper.
Yup

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 12:55:28 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am just happy the lakers seem to be focused on side issues instead of the big issues. 

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 01:12:18 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I'll bump this one from the other day instead of starting a new one.

FINALLY the Celts won't have to defend themselves coming off a win.  The national media will be drooling over this comeback.  Part of me will be spiteful for them doubting us the whole time, but part of me will love watching them trying to retrace their tracks.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."