Author Topic: Chicken Little (Jay Mariotti) thinks Tom Thibs should coach Bulls  (Read 2619 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Quote from: Suntimes(via TrueHoop)
"Why is this happening? Who slows down Kobe Bryant when no other opponent thinks about it? The name is Tom Thibodeau. The title is associate head coach. You might have heard it in Chicago, back when the rush-hour traffic crawl that is the Bulls' coaching search included a handful of candidates that general manager John Paxson preferred. Now that the search has been ravaged by chairman Jerry Reinsdorf and dumbed-down into one of the ridiculous farces in franchise history, the Bulls may as well wait out the Finals and see if Thibodeau, in the end, makes more sense than My Cousin Vinny (Del Negro), Dwane Casey, Chuck Person and any other late whim. Now there's an idea: If you couldn't get a deal done for Kobe, then hire the Kobe-stopper."

For once a call from Mariotti that I almost agree with...although I hate it cuz it takes away Thibs.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Chicken Little (Jay Mariotti) thinks Tom Thibs should coach Bulls
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:03:42 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
I donīt know what Tom Thibsīs aspiration career wise lies, but I really would hate to see him go.  This gives the Executive of the year, Danny Ainge, a new headache in the summer; how to keep Tom Thibs!  However, if Thibs wants to be a head coach somewhere then no money can stop him from leaving Boston (unless Doc Rivers goes).
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 11:17:16 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Word is they're hiring Vinny Del Negro, right?  I certainly hope so.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I'm sure Mariotti is praying for Thibodeau to be hired by the Bulls.  He would like nothing better than for the Celtics to be without their great defensive coach. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If the Bulls continue to bundle their search Thibs will become a candidate.

If they make a quick decision he won't be.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:31:52 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Thibodeau is truly a great coach, and I hope he stays, (so the obvious "unspeakable" promotion can happen in the near future), but let's also keep in mind the very awesome tools he's been given this year with which to do his job. A coach can't be truly good without having good players under him, who are of the character, selflessness, and ability, to buy into the "team" concept. It's a mutually beneficial, codependent, symbiosis, and I hope his appreciation for these guys and this opportunity will be enough of a sense of loyalty to keep him here for a while, (at least long enough for that "unspeakable" thing to happen).  ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *