Author Topic: New Bill Plascke comments (after game 2)  (Read 2528 times)

New Bill Plascke comments (after game 2)
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Quote from: LA Times
The Lakers trail this series two games to none after being embarrassed by the actor who previously used that wheelchair --  Paul Pierce bravely scored 28 points! -- and being beaten up by everyone else.

Later on in the article Bill says that its ridiculous that Jackson blamed the officials, he believes that Boston went out there and got it while LA went out there and gave it away...but the above comment is infuriating, its once again stating that Pierce was acting without any grounds. Screw you Bill.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: New Bill Plascke comments (after game 2)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:45:57 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
This article really confused me.  He continued to arrogantly and smugly make fun of Paul Pierce.  It seems like he is the only one who can't let that whole thing go.  The title, opening, and some of his comments would make it seem like he is like the rest LA and blaming the refs for the loss.  Then there are more points saying that it was the Lakers who didn't get the job done, they didn't create any calls for themselves. 

Hard to see where he really stands, besides that Paul Pierce is a fraud.  Another article proving that he is a blubbering idiot.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »

Offline DivingCowens

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Pride, Baby. Pride!
This guy is a joke.  I no longer view him as a "sports pundit", but rather a blatant Homer who was SOOOOOOOO confident before the series (He and B Ryan were together and BP kept saying how the "best player and coach in the world were on the same team").  How you feel now BILL???!!?!?!?!?!?  C's in 6.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 11:04:45 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Plaschke is a "sports pundit", and just like political pundits, attention is like crack to these people.  The best way to get attention?  Say something ridiculous and outrageous.  Look at how many interviews, appearances, and threads have been devoted to his Game 1 comments just because of how extreme they were.  Since Bill is an LA columnist he's going to be saying these things against the Celtics - when the series is over, mark my words, he'll be the first to come out with a "fire Phil Jackson" or "trade Kobe" column for the exact same reasons. That's really all there is to it, I doubt even he entirely believes what he's saying at this point.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 11:05:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
This article really confused me.  He continued to arrogantly and smugly make fun of Paul Pierce.  It seems like he is the only one who can't let that whole thing go.  The title, opening, and some of his comments would make it seem like he is like the rest LA and blaming the refs for the loss.  Then there are more points saying that it was the Lakers who didn't get the job done, they didn't create any calls for themselves. 

Hard to see where he really stands, besides that Paul Pierce is a fraud.  Another article proving that he is a blubbering idiot.

It is kind of double talk, right?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:06:37 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
I wonder if he'll be on Around the Horn today.  I really want to see Jackie Mac or Bob Ryan go after this guy.  Someone needs to.

What a hack.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:08:33 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
He has  major problem with objectivity and can not remove himself from the situation, of being a Laker fan, and look at this series as an observer. These are tell tale signs of bad reporting.