Author Topic: Anyone Else Concerned....By Doc comments?  (Read 10057 times)

Anyone Else Concerned....By Doc comments?
« on: June 09, 2008, 10:29:51 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I was wondering if anyone else was concern by Doc River comments: "I thought the first six minutes of the game, we established no post game," Boston coach Doc Rivers sad. "We actually had to go to Leon to establish a post game."

Now I'm happy for Leon who played the game of this life and I'm happy that the Cs got the win last night in front of a who's-who's type of crowd.  I even seen Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler at the game last night. 

But I'm concern that the Celtics "had to go to Leon to establish a post game."  Why isn't KG in the post more?  He is shooting why to many jump shoots and it all started during the 4th quarter of game 1.

Leon Powe can not be our main go to guy in the post.  KG has to be that guy.  I'm stick of reading Doc comments after every game talking about we need to establishing the post game early in game. Stop talking about it and just do it. Because we can wait until 6 minutes have past in game 3 before we put Leon Powe into the game to "establish a post game." Because the Laker might be on the roll. Notice I said MIGHT.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:35:09 AM by CT34 »

Re: Anyone Else Concern....By Doc comments?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 10:32:22 AM »

Offline DivingCowens

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Pride, Baby. Pride!
Concerned?  Not in the slightest. 

Surprised, yes because I actually agree 100% with his post-game PC and for the first time in the entire season, I have just a single complaint about Doc..... KEEP SAM-I-AM OFF THE FLOOR!!!!!! Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. is EDDIE??????

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:35:18 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am concern they don't have better ways to get KG established in the low post when the lakers apply extra pressure.

Re: Anyone Else Concerned....By Doc comments?
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:39:21 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
I just think the Celtics do a bad job of getting the ball in the post to KG at the start of games and I think KG does a bad job late in games of settling for jump shots. It hasn't hurt us so far in this series but I still would like for them to make a better effort of going to KG in the post, it opens a lot of lanes for the offense.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:40:13 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
I do not believe that in any way Leon was placed in the game as a low post presence.  Doc typically says those kinds of things after the games as though there was some divine plan. 

Offensively, over the season the team has from time to time gotten away from their best offense.  They did it again last night.  Powe came in and did an incredible job.  Fortunately too the Lakers defense hasn't shown up.

I wouldn't be concerned at all.  Be thankful, happy, excited, whatever, that our bigs didn't play great games offensively, except for Leon, and we still won the game. . . . and it should have been a blow out.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 10:40:26 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I can't remember many games,where KG established a post game(with any consistency).He might go to the post a few times,but he always ends up bringing his man out 15-17ft.KG is not comfortable playing the post game.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 10:41:37 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Up 2-zip

Been down this road a bunch of times already.

No, not concerned.  Celts have the better team.
Yup

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 10:42:03 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
While I've always thought that Garnett should be down in the post more, the Celtics seem to prefer Perk down there and Garnett up top.
That being said, I have decided that today is no concerns day. 2-0 going to LA.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 10:43:30 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
I do not believe that in any way Leon was placed in the game as a low post presence.  Doc typically says those kinds of things after the games as though there was some divine plan. 

He does tend to be full of himself in that way.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 10:46:44 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
I can't remember many games,where KG established a post game(with any consistency).He might go to the post a few times,but he always ends up bringing his man out 15-17ft.KG is not comfortable playing the post game.

Yes that's true but all I heard before this series started was how KG was going to be a beast down low because the Lakers bigs are soft.  The game plan beleave it or not is to always start off by going to KG in the post.  For some reason it hardly happens.  I think the Celtics would blow the Lakers out of the water in ever game if they get KG started down low in the post. Even if they show a soft double team, KG should kick it out and re-post.

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 10:50:21 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
Up 2-zip

Been down this road a bunch of times already.

No, not concerned.  Celts have the better team.

We also been up 2-0 in two of the last 3 series and only went on to lose games 3 and 4 on the road. In large part it has to do with playing bad D and shooting way to many jumper shots on the road.  I think our D is going to be sound, however I like to start game 3 out with KG getting 6 attempts in the post early in the first quarter. 

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 10:51:23 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why be concerned about the coach stating exactly what I was thinking?

This Laker team can be had by exploiting their soft frontcourt. KG has to be more assertive and more confident to take the ball to the basket and establish that low post. The Lakers do not have the drive, talent, or physical presence to stop him. But KG wants to play the 2 guard position on offense.

Doc is right. The team did an awful job establishing the low post early. Once Leon came in and started grabbing offensive rebounds and going at the basket "without any regard for human life", the Celtics dominated.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 11:02:22 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'd be happy if they would run a pick and roll with KG. Give the lakers something else to think about. Pick and pop is getting too predictable.

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 11:07:49 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I'm not concerned, yet I am puzzled about his statement..

is that a tactic or strategy to say what's in to game3 like plans?

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:09 AM »

Offline jhog3411

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
The pick and pop is KG's bread and butter and the Celts should not get away from that.  KG is a jump shooter.  He's not at his best with his back to the basket though he can occasionally do it.  He has a nice fadeaway but that can't work unless he's close enough to the hoop.  Also, he's not really someone who can face up the basket and take it to the defender.  Leon Powe can face up and bring it.  That said, KG is having a great playoffs, his jumper has been consistent save for a few games (G1 of the Finals) and he has been a consistent rebounder.