Author Topic: Imagine winning game 3  (Read 4554 times)

Imagine winning game 3
« on: June 09, 2008, 04:26:33 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
Would it be over? No team has ever come back from 3-0 to win it. I firmly believe that we have it in us to win game 3 and if we do then 4 will be in the bag too!

Not sure if i'd rather sweep, or win in 5 in boston..  :-\
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:21:20 AM by Mogreen17 »

Re: Imagine winning game 3
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 04:43:53 AM »

Offline WelcomeToRondoism

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 7
Game 5 would still be in L.A.
Blood, Sweat, and Tears.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 04:53:12 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
Of course! Stupid finals schedule
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:10:28 AM by Mogreen17 »

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:56:48 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
We need to win Game 3 and put our foot on their throats and crush their windpipe.

I want this to be over with as soon as possible. No leeway for the Lakers finish them off immediately.

Also a Celtics sweep would make the national media look pretty foolish and that is a nice bonus in my book!

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 08:22:12 AM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352

Also a Celtics sweep would make the national media look pretty foolish and that is a nice bonus in my book!

i think we've done that already. most critics said we where gonna get swept. if kevin steps up in in both games in la it's over. it would be nice to see them close it out in boston but that would require a lose which aint gonna happen.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:26:59 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
game 3 is going to be tough. with the ratings this series is supposed to draw, a long series bodes well for espn, abc, and the nba. plus, we got to the line a lot more than they did in games 1-2. i expect the game 3 officials to be james worthy, wes matthews, and jack nicholson.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:30:38 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
Pierce is going to want to hoist the Larry O' Brien trophy and most likely the MVP trophy in his home town.

It will take something stronger than LA's defense to keep that from happening.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:56:07 AM »

Offline celticfan10

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
I agree with the previous post referencing how the officiating will be in Game 3.  I think anytime Kobe drives early in the game you need to foul and you need to foul hard.  Here's the thing if the foul calls are going to come in L.A. then we have to make them count, can't give them chances at 3-point plays.  Foul hard on the interior and be careful to get cheap hand checking calls and things of that nature...Perk especially needs to watch this, but between him, P.J., Leon, and even KG, Posey and Pierce this needs to happen. 

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »

Offline Employee8

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 71
If we were to ever lose a game in this series, this game would be it.  The Lakers are going home, the crowd is going to be ready, and the refs are going to be against us.  It's going to take a perfect game on our part to win this one.  I just hope our jump shots are falling because if they aren't, we're done for.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 09:10:56 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Game 3 is going to be a tough one. Its do or die for the Lakers, I think they'll get a ton of calls, we need to play our A++++ game for 48 minutes.

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 09:12:21 AM »

Online CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
The series isn't over until the Celtics win four games.  I don't care if they're up 3-0 and with a 20 point lead in the 4th.  They need to play like they're behind.  I don't care about history and stats.  This is the finals.  You can't take a single possession for granted.

People need to calm down.  The only thing we've done so far is hold home court.  The same thing we did against Atlanta and Cleveland.  And both those series went 7 games.  Do any of us want to see a 7th game against Kobe Bryant?

Pierce said something in the post game press conference and I hope he and he teammates truly mean it.  They're going to LA to win 2 games.  They're not going with the mindset of thinking that no matter what, they can still come back home and win.  They want to close it out as quickly as possible.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 09:30:24 AM »

Offline Mogreen17

• Derrick White
From an objective standpoint: The celtics are hungrier for it. IMO from the beginning i thought to myself that he who wins game 2 will win it. So much momentum in game two as far as the finals format is concerned

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 09:46:59 AM »

Offline michael32951

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
If the Celtics win game three it will be a sweep in game 4

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 09:55:45 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I agree that Game 3 will have more factors going against us than any other game we've played all year.  We will have to play a near perfect game to win it.  That being said, if they do we will have a stranglehold on the series.  Paul, Ray, and KG are one great performance away in Game 3 from almost reaching the mountain top.  The Lakers will come out playing with desperation, but they can't discount the constant desperation of these three players fighting for their first ring. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 10:11:06 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I agree that Game 3 will have more factors going against us than any other game we've played all year.  We will have to play a near perfect game to win it.  That being said, if they do we will have a stranglehold on the series.  Paul, Ray, and KG are one great performance away in Game 3 from almost reaching the mountain top.  The Lakers will come out playing with desperation, but they can't discount the constant desperation of these three players fighting for their first ring. 

I went to the Lakers vs. Celtics game at Staples during this season and I'll tell you the Staples Center is not that much of a home-court advantage for the Lakers.  First off they have that stupid lighting so the players really can't say the crowd all that much. Most of fans there are just their to be seen and to say they've been to a Laker game. I have a feeling it's going to be more Celtics fans at the games in LA then there was Laker fans here in Boston.