Author Topic: Lakers in 5...Not Anymore.  (Read 1736 times)

Lakers in 5...Not Anymore.
« on: June 09, 2008, 01:42:52 AM »

Offline jbhdva

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 5
Mostly, we've heard that the Lakers would win in 5 Games at the most from fans and media. Not anymore. Yes, the 4th Quarter scared me, but the fact of the matter is, we're up 2-0 and the Lakers still need 4 wins.

I find it fantastic and almost disgusting that #0 Leon Powe outplayed the "fantastic" Laker bench by himself. He went to the free throw line as much as the whole Lakers team!

Oh yeah, this year (including postseason), this is the fourth time in the row that we've beaten the Lakers and 2 times in a row that we've beaten in a row with GASOL ON THE TEAM.

Memo to people calling ref bias: Refs aren't going to bail out a team relying on jump shooting. We learned that ourselves in the Cleveland and even in Atlanta series. Celtics will watch the film on the 4th Quarter and hopefully pick it up.

Remember that this series isn't over yet, but also remember this: We're a hell of a lot closer than the Lakers!

BEAT L.A.!!! LE-ON POWE!!! 17! Or whatever you want to chant. Anything is acceptable right now.

P.S. We also did something that San Antonio failed to do in Game 1, put a stop to a Lakers run! Remember that.

Re: Lakers in 5...Not Anymore.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 01:56:18 AM »

Offline Frontierboy

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I loved that we stopped the Laker run to win the game... I also think this was goo for us so that we aren't overconfident going into L.A..... it put a little scare in us so we know there is a lot of basketball left to play with urgency.....

But man, I can smell banner 17!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:53:39 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
can we have that experts pics and their predictions here, and cross out those who are out of the running

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 04:08:11 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527