Author Topic: One negative/KG working inside  (Read 5537 times)

What's Happened With KG Working Inside?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 09:23:32 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
... in last night's game. I really thought he would have a monster game since he was hard on himself after his poor 4th quarter in game 1.  He didn't want to establish himself inside, letting Gasol get the better of him inside early in the game.  Doc even took a dig at him in the postgame interview when he said they wanted to establish a presence inside but they never did until he had to insert Powe.  I took that as a bit of a dig at KG for not posting up or making himself a presence inside like he did early in game 1.

Should we just chalk it up to a bad game?  Is there any concern that he carried over his poor shooting the 4th quarter in game 1, to game 2?  The Celtics really need KG to work inside in LA.  If he doesn't work that inside game, it could really hurt the Cs, because LA is sure to get many more calls at home.

I love KG, but he has to work inside more for the rest of the series.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: What's Happened With KG Working Inside?
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »

Offline dorschrm

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 12
Couldn't agree with this more.  KG has been settling for entirely too many jumpers, many of which are in the 22 foot range, a little too far for him.  I know Gasol may be a difficult matchup for him, considering hes a tad taller and just as quick, but KG needs to absolutely get back on the block.

I can't vividly remember the last time I saw one of his classic fake middle, fade-away baseline move.

Re: One negative/KG working inside
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 10:46:47 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
I agree, I absolutely luv his game. But i do think he does need to spend more time down low especially now he's got perimeter  players to play with (no offence to any wolves fans) and now its against Pau Gasol and not Shaq.

But I found 2 reasons for him not playing in the post today:
-Pau came out more aggresive, KG was flat (somehow I think he was exhausted even before the game started, hopefully he'll get enough rest and bring his intensity and aggresiveness to la)
-Lakers did a better job of double-teaming KG and defending him in the post (I do think they won't be always this good)
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
We are up 2-0 in the finals,that is what counts mainly,as far as KG having a few bad quarters,im not concerned,especially if we win the game.He has played  great throughout most of the playoffs,most consistent player up till the fourth quarter of game 1 in the finals.So,i can't see changing a whole lot of what got him here.He will work through it,and hopefully we will go up 3-0.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 11:04:57 AM »

Offline jhog3411

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Watching Garnett all season, it is apparent that he is a jump shooter first, post player second.  It should be that way because he is much better as the former.  He doesn't have many post moves.  He's got the fake back and forth and then a fadeaway and that's about it.  I can't believe how many analysts and media people keep imploring the Celts to pound it in to KG.  That's really not his game.  He has taken some long jumpers but often times there isn't a better shot and the clock is winding down.  I think he's had a great playoffs so far.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »

Offline RonJohn

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 7
I would like to see KG attack more in the post. Attack the rim, even if the shot is contested and comes out, we have been very aggressive on the offensive board. I would also like to see him take one more step in on his jumpers. He's been shooting 21 footers when his bread and butter is more 18-19.5 feet from the hoop.. Anyone else see this? He's been shooting a step or two out of his range? Maybe they should put tape on the practice floor and run the sets with tape down. I think that would remind him to stay within 19 feet. His jumpshot has been shot on most of his misses and I think this is the problem.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 11:40:37 AM »

Offline wildo05

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I understand that we are up 2 games to none, but if KG takes it to the next level this series will be over.

Btw...Paul looks like he is enjoying every single second of this. There were a few moments last night, when I could tell he was just soaking everything in. Its great to see. I really want this for PP! Also, did it hurt anyone to see 'Toine sitting there? It looked to me like he was thinking "Why can't I be there?" I will also have a soft spot in my heart for Employee No. 8!
A winner is someone who recognizes his God- given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals." - Larry Joe Bird

"Anything is Possible!" - KG

"I'm just surprised he wasn't whining about the foul calls." - Glen "Doc" Rivers (6-11-08)

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 12:22:07 PM »

Offline spelz

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 13
I think KG could work inside more, but the Lakers are double teaming him every time inside.  This is why I think Perk is going to have a huge game 3 inside.  He can post up any Laker and they often play off him to help with KG.  I look for Perk to get physical and pound the ball inside.  Hopefully he stays out of foul trouble long enough to be effective.  But on the other side, if Perk gets into foul trouble, look for Powe to continue his dominance.

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 12:30:02 PM »

Offline SamuelAdams

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Garnett does not play the hard low post.  Get over it.  It is a fact. He has length not heft. Whenever he does get the ball low, he immediatley gets 2-3 on him.  KG is a great player playing his game.

He shot 7-19 last night, 37%.  Meh, he will improve.